Way to many mobs on Makeb. It kills the fun having to slog through so many.

Rilokin

I finished the expansion, now I am going back to do dailies and the other quests. I must say there is just to many trash mobs on makeb. It gets old having to slog through every pack with a tank/healer combo. The stealth classes that can run right by them have it made. Playing a bounty hunter, my fun has seriously been drained out of me. I dread the quests now. I am to the point I just run through the mobs with companion on passive. Hopefully I can shake them off and live, if not, I just revive and repeat the process. I am not asking to be handed anything, or anything like that. However I don't believe that fighting from the landing point all the way to the objective around every nook and cranny is fun either.

Yeah QQ and stuff. :mad:

A positive side effect of all the mobs is that if one is concerned with Achievements, the sheer number lets you top out the number of kills you attain with X companion. Plus I can always use a little extra pocket change. Yeah, the sheer number is a pain, but I'm guessing there were reasons behind it. :)

As a stealth class, I only have this to offer: BWA-HA-HA-HA.

A couple of days ago I ran all of the dailies (except the one where you have to kill things) without getting aggro'd.

Edited by Rankyn

It's only about learning to avoid them, which takes more than on other planets. There are always only few packs that u really have to kill to get somehere. And strategy of driving through them until they lose track is also working mostly. I thought it would be worse when I started on Makeb, but it gets better with time.

My favorite part is when I've accidently ticked off two mobs, on behalf of them only being 5 ft from eachother, and some a-hole passes by on his speeder followed by the 4 groups he has managed to aggro. I've lost track of the times I've happened to use an aoe during those circumstances and managed to all of a sudden have 30 enemies on me.

It's great.

It's swings and roundabouts.

On my commando I was level 54.5 when I completed Makeb. On my scoundrel I was level 52.5. That difference is purely due to the mobs stealth gets you passed. I guess for the rest of the expansion, stealth will be a big advantage, but I was underleveled doing the plant quests and my first few runs through the dailies.

Definitely too many mobs though, that level difference is rediculous for completion of the planet quests.

My favorite part is when I've accidently ticked off two mobs, on behalf of them only being 5 ft from eachother, and some a-hole passes by on his speeder followed by the 4 groups he has managed to aggro. I've lost track of the times I've happened to use an aoe during those circumstances and managed to all of a sudden have 30 enemies on me.

It's great.

Me being the original poster, I guess I shouldn't laugh. But I did get a good chuckle out of that. :D

I finished the expansion, now I am going back to do dailies and the other quests. I must say there is just to many trash mobs on makeb. It gets old having to slog through every pack with a tank/healer combo. The stealth classes that can run right by them have it made. Playing a bounty hunter, my fun has seriously been drained out of me. I dread the quests now. I am to the point I just run through the mobs with companion on passive. Hopefully I can shake them off and live, if not, I just revive and repeat the process. I am not asking to be handed anything, or anything like that. However I don't believe that fighting from the landing point all the way to the objective around every nook and cranny is fun either.

Yeah QQ and stuff. :mad:

I agree, just way too many mobs all around the place. Not nice at all when you're planning on repeating these things on a daily basis.

You know, could have a nice and fun way to fix this, give everyone out of combat cloak!!

Heh. It's not that bad. It allows you to get the bonus without having to backtrack and look for mobs to kill. You shouldn't be killing everything in sight, avoid what you can. But, because of the layout of the mobs, the mere act of getting to your objective will usually give you the bonus and the daily. So... it is all good.

Besides, now that I know what I need to do and I'm not wandering around aimlessly, on my alts splash mobs and mob grind is not a problem.