Armstech unfinished?

Drakovicz

This is a something I noticed that makes me quite distressed:

On sites with the in-game info (like TOR-head or Darth Hater), every crafting skill has schematics for end-game purple items with item level well beyond 50. Except Armstech where (excluding barrels) the most advanced end-game schematics are for lvl 48 blue items.

Are the informations from those sites faulty? Or is the Armstech crafting tree not entirely finished? Or something else entirely?

Plus, ARMS like grenades are made with Cybertech, not ARMStech.

And there are 'purple' endgame BoP weapon drops. And 'purple' endgame PvP weapons. So is it worth using up a profession?

I am sure they will eventually add more stuff to all professions. But I won't be taking Armstech at launch.

This is a something I noticed that makes me quite distressed:

On sites with the in-game info (like TOR-head or Darth Hater), every crafting skill has schematics for end-game purple items with item level well beyond 50. Except Armstech where (excluding barrels) the most advanced end-game schematics are for lvl 48 blue items.

Are the informations from those sites faulty? Or is the Armstech crafting tree not entirely finished? Or something else entirely?

Extremely likely that the databases aren't filled yet, as they could really only collect during the betas. I would be extremely surprised if they just somehow forgot to finish off the weapon crafting profession.

Well, yeah.

If there would be more crew skills that seem so unfinished, I wouldn't worry. The problem is that the every other crew skill seems to have all end-game recipes listed, except Armstech, and that the situation is same across several different sites - every crew skill has a lot of purple end-game schematics, while Armstech has exactly the same blues.

When they simplified the crew skill recipes, a significant portion of the Armstech recipes were removed.

Armstech could originally make: Weapons, Blaster Color Crystals, Barrels, and enhanced clips of some sort.

Everything past Barrels and Weapons were removed, and many of the Weapon recipes were removed or restructured. At that point, the Armstech skills didn't seem to go up to max Armstech level. At least not ones that were trainable.

However, that was just from Trainers, and I never made it to 50, so I do not know if the recipes were just made drops or not.

@Eujin Thanks for info!

So Armstech got gutted in the past and may or may not restored to the level of other crew skills with launch patch... Or one of the future patches....

Biochem it is then, I wont risk going with incomplete crew skill with my main.