This is what happens when all you care about is damage

miragewsu

At least you did damage, ran a PUG yesterday with 4 in full recruit against a premade in WH+ on voidstar. Started as attackers and didn't even reach the doors (not blow then, reach them), from the start we couldn't leave the safe area. Ended the match with a total of 1 kill between the 13 of us (5 leavers) and 10 medals (total)

At least you did damage, ran a PUG yesterday with 4 in full recruit against a premade in WH+ on voidstar. Started as attackers and didn't even reach the doors (not blow then, reach them), from the start we couldn't leave the safe area. Ended the match with a total of 1 kill between the 13 of us (5 leavers) and 10 medals (total)
Had 21 different people coming and leaving my team in a game last week. I joined late too (second round) btw so I'm not taking any responsibility for the failure :)

It's awesome to not have any balancing criterias at all.

IMO it really depends on the warzone. Civil war and hutball are warzones where dps might come as a secondary contributor to winning. On the other hand voidstar, hypergates and novara are very much dps warzones.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ns0rjb.jpg

The plant I didn't get was the 2nd set of doors, I was busy mindtrapping someone

You're facing solo quers

And Astrea was worth basically your whole pre made, lol

As was previously posted, all you did was spawn to a node and die over and over. Against a PUG who has no voice chat and can't coordinate their cc's. You pulled one out grats!!!!

You're facing solo quers

And Astrea was worth basically your whole pre made, lol

As was previously posted, all you did was spawn to a node and die over and over. Against a PUG who has no voice chat and can't coordinate their cc's. You pulled one out grats!!!!

This +1

Hi,

Astraea here. Thanks for the random call-out on a random meaningless wz of which I have no recollection. Of the dozens of matches I play a day, you win some, you lose some, you take your lumps. Obviously, you win more when you're in a pre-made, as you can rely on the others to pull their own weight. Solo queueing, you get what you get.

Since this was obviously a solo queue, it would imply I was likely doing some morning pvp -- trying to sneak in the daily before raiding, or other such obligations later in the evening. Typical morning pvp on our server consists of -- provided you're lucky -- 3-4 people who are both geared and experienced, and 4-5 sub-15k players of varying degrees of ability.

I'd expect the match played out as follows, as so many of them do: one guy goes left, gets wiped, loses the node; two guys go right -- at least one, probably the only, healer in tow -- get wiped, lose the node. Perhaps possibly we cap mid. For simplicity, let's assume we do. At this point, our people run in one-at-a-time to either side and get wiped*. As long as your team can operate the proper speeder, with such little coordination on our team it's near impossible to recap. Very rarely does one have the dps to clear a node when solo queueing, and resolve bars are filled at every opportunity. The majority of cw matches are decided by who-caps-two first. Such is life.

*this may have been the instance where the 13k merc decided to solo charge mid on respawn, spamming "I JUST POOPED MY PANTS!!!" in ops chat on every charge/death. It would be fitting, and is the only solo-queue cw I recall as of late (mostly because it was hilarious, in a facepalm-worthy sorta way).

I'm not gods gift to PVP. We save that honor for Agape in our neck of the woods. I can't help that you were squishy, and whilst trying to, you know, win the game, I racked up more damage than you and yours. During my next loss, I'll make sure to stand on the uncontested node and auto-attack any red so that my numbers are more palpatable for you. I am certain this will contribute more to my team. Thank you for showing me the light.

I queue when I queue, work with what I've got, and try and have a bit of fun whilst doing so. Lighten up, enjoy the fast(er) daily, and queue again later when my friends show up. It is, after all, a game.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ns0rjb.jpg

The plant I didn't get was the 2nd set of doors, I was busy mindtrapping someone

I'm not sure that screenshot shows what you think it does. Your team completely outDPS'd theirs - unless you think you'd have been able to cap like that without the other side being murderized?

Planting on a door is very rarely a solo achievement.

Edited by Jherad

***?

how can a whole team be so focused on not doing objectives?

That's not it at all if you look. They have ridiculous amounts of objective points but could not break all the healing on the other side.

This is often the case when damage is really high on one side and with situational awareness the person taking the screenshot would've realized why they won ;).

Edited by dcgregorya