[BUG] Semicolon in guild "member note" = Can't edit member note.

Heezdedjim

Since the mods seem to be extra busy collecting and responding to bug reports these days, here is another quite old one that is still broke. This has been reported several times before, and confirmed by a number of other people, but it is confirmed again, still broken as of the recent patch. The behavior is: If you ever set a member note in the guild screen that contains a semicolon character ";" in the text, then you can never edit your member note again (and neither can anyone else). Your position, role, rank, etc. in guild doesn't matter; just the fact that the note contains a semicolon.

• 5 months later...

I had that once. Took a while and many tickets before I stopped getting canned responses. Wanted them to see it because they kept closing ticket "working as intended" (they didn't read the tickets for first 3 or so).

Final "fix" (workaround really) is to get booted from guild and re-invited and re-promoted (if necessary). That cleared it for my char that had the issue.

• 4 months later...
Just wanted to bump this because it's still an issue and I've not seen a single dev/mod response on anything along these lines... It's really irritating because it's a very old bug and clearly just a matter of proper String sanitation. (A.K.A., something any decent programmer should be able to fix in less than five minutes.) While I know there are other more pressing issues, there's no reason really, really old and simple-to-fix bugs shouldn't be taken care of, too.

Hmmm, it's actually a rather simple fix, special character escape needs to be used when it gets entered into the database so it knows that the special character is part of the text field and not a command.

• 3 weeks later...