A Request To PvEers Who Decide to PvP

Aluvi

Just for you, I will wear green pve gear. You have zero right to tell players to avoid content they want to play. How about trying to offer the PVE guys some help instead of trying to segregate them? :rolleyes:

the reaction you will get from PvPers when you do this will be nothing in comparison to PvErs if you did this in Group Finder

Just for you, I will wear green pve gear. You have zero right to tell players to avoid content they want to play. How about trying to offer the PVE guys some help instead of trying to segregate them? :rolleyes:

One of your PVE buddies just did that, why shouldn't we?

Besides, if you wanna roll in and get destroyed, all we'll do is laugh.

the reaction you will get from PvPers when you do this will be nothing in comparison to PvErs if you did this in Group Finder

The difference is that PVE allows you to start a vote kick that will actually get them removed (complete with whatever insult you can dream up). In PVP we have to suffer the lost output for the whole WZ bc votekick is broken.

The best part is because I'm on the servers top Raid team, and the servers top ranked team. Funny how stuff works huh? :)

Edit a bit: I'll reiterate what the guy said before, you have no right at all to tell people to avoid content, just because you're buttmad you lost a match with 1 or 2 of your teammates in PvE gear.

Edited by JamesBalla

The best part is because I'm on the servers top Raid team, and the servers top ranked team. Funny how stuff works huh? :)

Edit a bit: I'll reiterate what the guy said before, you have no right at all to tell people to avoid content, just because you're buttmad you lost a match with 1 or 2 of your teammates in PvE gear.

likewise, people do not have the right to tell people to avoid PvE content because of gear.

yet this is a vastly common occurence

likewise, people do not have the right to tell people to avoid PvE content because of gear.

yet this is a vastly common occurence

Those are just bads. Recruit works fine for storymode ops, and w/o a doubt for HM flashpoints. Competent PVE-ers know that, and most won't give a player grief, unless they clearly don't know what they're doing. (I did my EV title run in full recruit gear, the original recruit gear, back when it really did suck.) The problem is that players who're both social and civil tend not to use group-finder for its intended use very often, because they have large guilds / friends lists to pull from. It's been ages since I've used group-finder w/o queueing an entire party at once, let alone queued solo.

There're jerks in both pvp and pve. Putting those ones on ignore ensures you never get stuck w them in group-finder again. Add the cool people you run into to your friends lists, and ask if they'd like to join you prior to queueing. Problem solved.

Nowadays you get a free set of Tionese which is your introduction to PvE, and free Recruit as an introduction to PvP. Wear one or the other once you hit 50, ditch those crappy mods you've been using til now!

There's no reason a player can't do both PvE and PvP as long as they dress for both occasions.

Lately though there's been a lot of PvE-only types trying to PVP in the wrong gear, and its causing a degrading experience. It's probably because the best relics in the game come from the WH/EWH vendors which was a really weird choice by Bioware. Hopefully it will be corrected so we can stop mixing the wrong crowds together, but I don't think I'll hold my breath...

And by corrected I don't mean "nerf/remove the PVP relics" but create equal relics with direct stat boosts for PvE.

Edited by RougeBeaver
stuff

I've got no problem with PvE'ers coming into warzones, hell it's the only way i'll run into them most of the time. It's the guy who comes in with 27k HP and 200 expertise that I take issue with, you may think you'll last longer with that 27k HP. But I can keep the guy alive with 15-16k alive in PvP gear just fine, unless they get focus fired by 4 other guys. The guy with 27k on the other hand, it's like watching a snuff film and quite frankly a waste of effort to heal. Edited by Calitri

Don't.

That's just stupid. They have to start somewhere.

Contrary to what this guy thinks, I encourage ANYONE who has any desire to PvP, to PLEASE try it. Please do so with an open mind, knowing that practice and gear make all the difference.

That's just stupid. They have to start somewhere.

Contrary to what this guy thinks, I encourage ANYONE who has any desire to PvP, to PLEASE try it. Please do so with an open mind, knowing that practice and gear make all the difference.

Absolutely, but if you join a wz with under 900 expertise I will not be playing that WZ with you. That is all.

Recruit gear is free. You MUST have expertise for WZ's, you must. You dont have to have anything special for pve and pvp gear works just fine for all FP's.

The real issue is that the pve only people are mad that they cant wear the high lvl pve gear in pvp. And get quit on and yelled at. So in retaliation they have started trying to bar people in pvp gear from FPs or groups.

The only difference is that you will be 100% useless in PVP without Exp. and I can do just fine in pve with my pvp gear.

The only solution to this emnity between pve and pvp players is to get rid of Exp. Which I fully support.

But yeah, dont que for pvp without 900+ exp or most will just quit on you and you will not be winning the wz anyway so...

So pve'rs Come que for pvp, just pick up that free recruit gear first thats all. :)

That is why I don't heal pvp geared tanks. I don't heal them in HM FP nor in any operations. I see eye to eye...with original poster. After reading his amazing post...I will no longer heal pvp geared dps. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

That is why I don't heal pvp geared tanks. I don't heal them in HM FP nor in any operations. I see eye to eye...with original poster. After reading his amazing post...I will no longer heal pvp geared dps. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Yes, because when healers don't heal anyone in HM FPs or OPS, there are no repercussions on the healer himself?