Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

The male romance companion for the IA is unique. Personally, he makes me very happy. I can see others being offput by his nature, though.

He's a Killik Joiner, albiet one with a fair amount of autonomy.

I'm with Capella. I absolutely adore Vector.

He seems a bit "business first" (Diplomatic/Colony), however, later into the romance he apologizes for this and is appreciative of certain actions on the player's part. Overall, he's very sweet and perceptive, also liking to reflect on things. That is, if you can get past the Joiner/Killik thing. (Apparently this is off-putting to most, if the forums are any indication. Though, while in spite of this, people sticking with the romance are in for a nice surprise later on down the line.)

The fact is that romance is super subjective. A lot of people don't like any female romance options Bioware has come up with. I love them all, personally. I mean the amount I'm looking forward to seeing Kaidan and having my femShep continue their romance in Mass Effect 3 is pretty ridiculous. I loved Carth and Alistair. I even enjoyed the guy you could romance in Jade Empire. Alternatively, the guy from Baldur's Gate 2 whose name is slipping my mind was terrible (thank god for mods.)

But it all comes down to preference. So far I have a trooper who I thought might wait for SGRA options (preferably with Elara,) but has started flirting with Jorgan and honestly, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. But with 8 classes that's at least 8 romance options, more in some cases, so I'd think you can eventually find what you want. The problem is that with (usually) one romance per class it is more limited than in a single player game, where you get all your options at once.

I like Jorgan. I hated him at first but then when he becomes your subordinate it's a lot different. He's so serious that it's fun to make him blush sometimes and discover his feelings :p

Vector is on my next planet! can't wait! at first he sounds like these "calmed" magicians of Dragon age (I don't know how you call them in english... the ones who sound sleepy with no feeling).

Edited by Evolvana

First I have to say I havent read all post in this forum, but I have to say that romances are not allowed for Jedi's. Around level 6-7 in the Jedi starting area, you get a quest to "spy" on 2 jedi's supposedly involved in a romance, wich the 2 masters at the bridge find very disturbing. If you choose to let the 2 lovers be, you get dark side points, where if you report them, you get light side points.

So I would guess that thats why there arent that many flirt options for Jedi's - because its illigal! ;)

I agree that it brings more depth to a game when u can flirt, but then try Sith. Only played for 10 levels as Sith, but I could flirt with everybody but my masters and same gender NPCs.

NPC Romance? Thats incredibly interesting. As a Jedi I think you are not allowed to make attachments to people or bots..

There is one line spoken by Ashara in the Si companion thing I will quote here. It is kinda a spoiler in away, but here it is just in case.

"I would love to Marry you, but I'm a Jedi and would need to get permission from the Jedi Council to do so"

I didn't realize someone had already started a thread about this three days before I started one.

But yeah... this female gamer is VERY dissapointed after all the hype.

The guys are getting more out if it than we are, yet women tend to like this kind of thing more than men. What were they thinking?

/vote 4 lesbian romances!

While I would call them something different, I gotta agree.

I want them to implement this pretty soon, as I'm not romancing anyone until I can romance a hot female alien. lol.

They knew that guys were going to play female toons, so it should be in already, (I ain't gettin' with no dude, nah.) but whatev.

Wow... I didn't realize all the action I'm NOT getting... 20th level BH here, male, and the best I've gotten was to flirt with the Twi'lek AA who works for Nemro, but we never got anywhere. Mako keeps vacillating between insecure/needy and wistful, and while she likes it when I don't massacre women and children, it doesn't seem to be sparking any...uh... sparks.

Dammit, I'm tired of, uhm, changing the gas cylinders in my own blaster, if you etgay my iftdray!

I can't understand the love other BHs seem to have for her on the BH forums--she whines all the time and it drives me nuts (she's almost as bad as the droid). I figure, more so than for story, they must like her for mechanics/because she's a healer and those other BHs must be tanks and DPS (I am specing healer too... so Mako is a bit redundant for me). Or maybe a lot of guys like to be the strong protector type and Mako fits in that scenario (she's a bit "weak" with the insecurity and neediness so and that allows for "protecting").

I am just hoping my female BH gets a male DPS/tank with the personality of Corso (I think he's awesome as a tank to match my Smuggler healer and I like his "personality") Maybe a Corso with an edge since it's the Imperial side. Sad thing is, I think the companion that fits that bill mechanically is a Jawa... lol. Oh well... at least I don't have that "Doc" guy. I think my BH would blaster whip him based on how sleezy he sounds.

I can't understand the love other BHs seem to have for her on the BH forums--she whines all the time and it drives me nuts (she's almost as bad as the droid). I figure, more so than for story, they must like her for mechanics/because she's a healer and those other BHs must be tanks and DPS (I am specing healer too... so Mako is a bit redundant for me). Or maybe a lot of guys like to be the strong protector type and Mako fits in that scenario (she's a bit "weak" with the insecurity and neediness so and that allows for "protecting").

Yeah, my husband plays a tank BH and solos with Mako. He prefers Gault or Blizz but only gets to use them when we group.

I am just hoping my female BH gets a male DPS/tank with the personality of Corso (I think he's awesome as a tank to match my Smuggler healer and I like his "personality") Maybe a Corso with an edge since it's the Imperial side. Sad thing is, I think the companion that fits that bill mechanically is a Jawa... lol. Oh well... at least I don't have that "Doc" guy. I think my BH would blaster whip him based on how sleezy he sounds.

In some future world, or version, we'll be able to do like Arnie did in "Total Recall" and select what kind of personality we want our romantic companion to have. Technically, it's trivial and could be done now, it's just a matter of work, and it might be hard to convince BioWare that's the best possible use of their resources.

What class has the most/the best romance options for female characters on republic side?

Smuggler.

But saying "best/most" is misleading. Their options are still woefully lacking. If you want a flirty game, go with the _male_ smuggler, not the female.

Or play on an RP or RP-PVP server and ignore the quest options for that aspect of the game.

I agree with the rp-pvp comment. Playing female dark side trooper, and my only choice (giant cat man--which, Jesus Christ, I am not about to choose-my-own-adventure my way into being the ultimate crazy old cat lady who treats her pet like a surrogate husband/child) apparently will not bite, despite high affection, because I'm evil. I'm just guessing because he's not giving me any signsdespite being near 5k affection. Anyway, point is, I decided it's just silly anyway. These aren't people or even characters, really. They give you missions for a little bit and then become a pile of numbers you sacrifice to large mobs to live through battles. Relationships like love, even when they're imaginary have so much more to them than you could possibly squeeze into these npc pets when they have to serve two masters--mechanical support for leveling and class balance as well as fragments of a partially shared storyline--that id just as soon have the ME style pan sexual dilletante or asexual flirting, but not this in between netherrealm of having a character you're 'meant to be with' but only if you drag them around like a teddy bear and happen to be playing the type of character they written to like. Either make romance a part of the character story that's important and you can't dodge, or leave it out and leave it to people to do it themselves with other people.

I means, the lack of gay relationships and variety are small problems in comparison to the lack of ability to pursue one relationship and then stop and pick another, or to have ambiguity and multiple or open relationships. Lack of cultural differences, despite a galaxy of aliliens. Really. Computers standing in for love at this point is just a waste of dev and writing hours.

Either make romance a part of the character story that's important and you can't dodge, or leave it out and leave it to people to do it themselves with other people.

The rp-pvp possibilities are a lot more dramatic too because there's real and constant danger that you're going through with the other player characters just by being out in the world. Not to mention that you can actually communicate with the other side so there can be cross-faction stories that include some level of flirt or romance.

+1 for fairness.

Though I'm having a hard time understanding why there would be female gamers that would want more romance options anyway. Not trying to sound like a jack*** or anything( :( ) I just don't understand.

I mean, it's not in their nature right? I think I'm confusing myself.

Obviously, you don't know anything about a woman.

Anyone know if you get a marriage option for Malavai Quinn with the female sw just like the male sw gets with jaesa? Seems it would make the story line more dramatic and gut wrenching since he does betray you in the end. I have noticed that quite a few can marry their companions. would be a shame to waste this guy.........:D

Edited by Darthmoriquendi

Anyone know if you get a marriage option for Malavai Quinn with the female sw just like the male sw gets with jaesa? Seems it would make the story line more dramatic and gut wrenching since he does betray you in the end. I have noticed that quite a few can marry their companions. would be a shame to waste this guy.........:D

But you don't loose him forever, right? he stays in your party I guess, or it would be strange and unfair to loose compltely a companion, technicaly and for fights as well.

Yes an ADULT male option would be good. OR

How about the robot on my ship that cleans and offers to rub my feet. I mean I could totally be happy with that!

Or if they want me to entertain silly options like the 14 year old boys they pair us up with why not a jawa! Men get to romance an alien!!! so why not a short weird alien???

And if you want something that would actually interest a woman give us choices! I'd rather romance body style 3 and 4 than 1 or 2 and I rather have someone who did not need saving! How about some guy who joins up as an equal rather than a subordinate. Or make him a real subordinate like that sexy robot who offers to rub my feet and clean my ship. I wonder what else that sexy robot can handle 0.o !!!

Also on a side note: I HATE MAKO. she is a whiney horrible needy child, and on top of every other annoying trait she does not like killing. Seriously I am a bounty hunter. Killing is what I do! ! Give me another serious healer choice NOW!!! Make Gault an optional healer and I'd be set.

Edited by sadaria

... Playing female dark side trooper, and my only choice (giant cat man--which, Jesus Christ, I am not about to choose-my-own-adventure my way into being the ultimate crazy old cat lady who treats her pet like a surrogate husband/child) apparently will not bite, despite high affection, because I'm evil. ...

Okay, the "ultimate crazy cat lady" thing made me laugh. I never thought of it that way, but now that you bring it up... ROTFL.

Also on a side note: I HATE MAKO. she is a whiney horrible needy child, and on top of every other annoying trait she does not like killing. Seriously I am a bounty hunter. Killing is what I do! ! Give me another serious healer choice NOW!!! Make Gault an optional healer and I'd be set.

Yeah! Another in the "I can't stand Mako camp." I would love to make a poll to find out how many men vs women can't stand her whining--but I don't want to come across as someone trying to find out everyone's sex. But I would be interesting to see.

You know, she's whiny and that bugs me, but there is just something else about her that I can't stand and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's because she really brings nothing to the table for me (I heal a lot better than she does and do better DPS). All I know is I can't wait to get rid of her and replace her with a tank... I am actually trying to speed up my leveling (and a new companion is one of the main goals).

Edited by Jilla