Hello SW:TOR

limadoc

Hello All.

A little about me; I am originally from DDO, but got bored there after the expansion. A friend sent me a link to the trial, and I used it to get several toons to 15. After several were stuck at that point I decided to go ahead and buy the game/subscribe. I am an admitted Altoholic. I currently have 6 of 8 character slots filled with various classes at various levels. The two highest are a 19 Op/Sniper and a 20 Trp/Commando. I am currently playing on Corellian Run. Expect to see me make a post asking a few newbie questions. :D

Hope to see people running around in game.

Yes, I have terribad spelling and typing skills. LOL

Edited by limadoc
Terribad Spelling

Welcome! You are not alone in your altaholic ways. I would have even more than 3 characters right now if I didn't get so absorbed in each of their different stories. :)

i had that problem when i made my first toon, lol. i couldn't stop playing it because the story was so good. i had to eventually pry myself away and start an alt because friends i was supposed to be leveling with started complaining that i was 20 levels ahead of them. and this is coming from someone who always has to make at least one of every class before i settle on a main...if i pick a main at all.

Hello to you too Limadoc! Can't say I've had too much trouble with alts (except in the elder scrolls games with 10 or more alts per game :p).

Welcome! You are not alone in your altaholic ways. I would have even more than 3 characters right now if I didn't get so absorbed in each of their different stories. :)

Getting sucked into the story is a great problem to have!

Edited by DuskHuntress

and this is coming from someone who always has to make at least one of every class before i settle on a main...if i pick a main at all.

That was one of the good things about doing the trial first; I was able to play several toons to 15 and then choose one to continue on with. I had to delete all the other ones though or I would not have been able to concentrate on just this one.

That was one of the good things about doing the trial first; I was able to play several toons to 15 and then choose one to continue on with. I had to delete all the other ones though or I would not have been able to concentrate on just this one.

That was a really good idea. I wish I had done that when I started my trial. It didn't even occur to me. But I wouldn't have deleted all my extra characters, just focused on them later.

Word of advice...

Pick at least one of those alts and play it until you get your legacy. Then all your XP from all your toons will contribute to raising your legacy level. And for every toon with which you complete chapter 2, you will then get that class buff for all toons in your legacy as well.

The game rewards creating alts, but it rewards it more substantially if you level them 1 at a time.

Word of advice...

Pick at least one of those alts and play it until you get your legacy. Then all your XP from all your toons will contribute to raising your legacy level. And for every toon with which you complete chapter 2, you will then get that class buff for all toons in your legacy as well.

The game rewards creating alts, but it rewards it more substantially if you level them 1 at a time.

That's why I deleted all of my alts. My Sniper is now 32 and getting smacked around by the final fight in Chapter 1. If I kept my alts, they would all be around 15-20 or so. lol