The real way to fix regular warzones.

gofortheko

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disallow groups, no duos, no trios, and no four man groups. But....but I wanna gwoup wit my fwiends! So what, go ranked then. Get 8 people and go ranked, leave regular WZs as PUG only.

Just stop...

stop playing MMO's.

stop asking for something that goes against exactly what an MMO is.

Stop... you sound foolish.

Disallow groups, no duos, no trios, and no four man groups. But....but I wanna gwoup wit my fwiends! So what, go ranked then. Get 8 people and go ranked, leave regular WZs as PUG only.

First off make some friends and group up with them easy as pie. Second off I'm guessing you play damage dealers quest because if you play a healer or tank you'd know how cruddy it is to solo que on those types of classes since we are balanced by how we work together not how we work solo so if you are a tank or a healer in a warzone without your other half you just feel rather useless for most of the match.

Whos giving people like you internet?

Apparently you did not get the memo...

The internet is NOT for connecting or associating with other people... it is an experience to be enjoyed alone and any communication with anyone else via the internet is highly frowned upon.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Someone should tell this guy they have a Star Wars mod for Skyrim (PC)

They already had 2 KOTOR games.

I also find it ironic that the OP's solution for grouped players is to find more players to group with when that is the exact solution to his very own problem. I would also point out that most of the arguments for a solo queue revolve around not having enough time to play consistently thus making it hard to get a group in limited amounts of time. And your solution is to force people who have 2-4 people together to try and find 4-6 more people because you won't do it yourself.

The internet is NOT for connecting or associating with other people... it is an experience to be enjoyed alone and any communication with anyone else via the internet is highly frowned upon.

When I think of what the internet is most used for; I would say its a good thing it is used alone. Cept for hot chicks. Then it is a travesty I am not with them.

Ah i see, thanks for informing me

They already had 2 KOTOR games.

I also find it ironic that the OP's solution for grouped players is to find more players to group with when that is the exact solution to his very own problem. I would also point out that most of the arguments for a solo queue revolve around not having enough time to play consistently thus making it hard to get a group in limited amounts of time. And your solution is to force people who have 2-4 people together to try and find 4-6 more people because you won't do it yourself.

Exactly...

According to these guys the game would be better off if designed for 1 or 8 people... nothing inbetween. :rolleyes:

newbs, solo pugging lets you meet new peoples and type some instead of venting with your pals. I argue solo pugging is way more social since you play with new friends. Wanna group with vent pals, do ranked. never said be anti social butt this make reg wzs more balanced so you dont have full auged vent coordinated 4 mans smashing 14k hp newbs. Trust me when I say most f2p people will quit if they constantly face premade 4 mans in reg wzs.

I play all class types, with 4 mans, solo and ranked. I know all aspects of the game, and think making reg wzs pug only would increase enjoyment for everyone cept elitest **** who need their pals as a crutch in pvp.

Exactly...

According to these guys the game would be better off if designed for 1 or 8 people... nothing inbetween. :rolleyes:

Its about competitive balance man, you are the ones with no grey area. We got a lot of new f2p players, who will hit 50 soon and be absolutely smashed by 4 man WH premades. Taking on 1 WH player is tough enough in recruit, but a vent 4 man is just retarded as a solo pug. And trust me a lot more players solo pug than group que. (I solo pug alot on my garbage toons so i dont bone my 4 man.) Stop protecting your crutch, learn to co-ordinate outside of vent, just BE A MAN!

newbs, solo pugging lets you meet new peoples and type some instead of venting with your pals. I argue solo pugging is way more social since you play with new friends. Wanna group with vent pals, do ranked. never said be anti social butt this make reg wzs more balanced so you dont have full auged vent coordinated 4 mans smashing 14k hp newbs. Trust me when I say most f2p people will quit if they constantly face premade 4 mans in reg wzs.

I play all class types, with 4 mans, solo and ranked. I know all aspects of the game, and think making reg wzs pug only would increase enjoyment for everyone cept elitest **** who need their pals as a crutch in pvp.

So now people aren't grouping the right way? Seriously? I pugged on Pot5 yesterday with no problems. I don't NEED to group, but if people are on, I will. Nobody says anything 95% of the time in PUG warzones on our server unless it's QQ or which door they are going to at the start of VS. Don't try and tell me that you are meeting great new people and socializing in warzones consisting of people joining and then quitting the ops group. Also, there is no reason to meet people in PUG warzones since under your new rules, you CAN'T GROUP WITH THEM AGAIN AFTERWARD.

Again with the "everyone who groups for regs has itemized WH" and every pug "is in recruit gear and is brand new to PvP".

If you have any interest in PvP you should be doing some in the low level bracket and should know that what happens there is completely different from the 50's. You should also be getting some decent gear like a wh weapon and some BM when you hit 50. There should be no reason to be full recruit unless you have been 50 for some time and never set foot in a warzone and in that case you should have no right to complain about PvP when you have no clue what you are doing in a warzone which is all your fault.

The only thing I agree on is that new F2P 50's will NOT enjoy PvP... but your idea still sucks. A better idea for fresh 50's to promote subscriptions and make the fresh 50 PvP experience less frustrating....

Recruit bracket > Solo queue

just BE A MAN!

LOL? Did someone tell me to "be a man" in a video game forum?

BTW... how I was raised... men don't cry, complain, moan or whine... we adapt, work with the hand we're dealt, and find a way to succeed with what we have. Not ask for hand outs or ways to make things easier for us...

So, besides how silly it is to tell someone to "be a man" on a gaming forum... I think first you should review your definition of one. ;)

Edited by UGLYMRJ

You have a very strange/negative perspective. I also don't understand the "pals as a crutch in pvp" comment. That smells of you just whining because you've lost a few too many WZs in a row. That or no one will group with you because you are full of crap. "I know all aspects of the game". Who says things like that? Are you the same kind of person who talks trash in "say" during/after WZs?

Its about competitive balance man, you are the ones with no grey area. We got a lot of new f2p players, who will hit 50 soon and be absolutely smashed by 4 man WH premades. Taking on 1 WH player is tough enough in recruit, but a vent 4 man is just retarded as a solo pug. And trust me a lot more players solo pug than group que. (I solo pug alot on my garbage toons so i dont bone my 4 man.) Stop protecting your crutch, learn to co-ordinate outside of vent, just BE A MAN!

There must be two kinds of people who pvp in this game.

1. The ones who are fresh 50 and get hit for 6.5k and then whine that a video game is unfair (you fall into this one)

2. Fresh 50 that get's hit for 6.5k and thinks, hot damn I can't wait to gear up and be that ******

I think most pvpers fall under #2. And I'm fine of these F2Ps sticking around, the #1s can go elsewhere.

Edited by CharterMonkKent

4 man premade in vent IS a crutch, because you wouldnt be as effective if you had to type out instructions. I have two full sets of WH I use, I am no newb, and I certainly dont need a lecture on how to pvp. And yeah I am tired of being facerolled by 4 man premades every WZ, because pubs on my server are just bad. Imps tend to have the better pvpers, and more premade 4 mans (I know personally they have two groups que up at the same time to get a 8 man reg wz pop, and it happens a lot more than you think) which leaves me getting facerolled every match. I am butthurt, its annoying to lose 90% of my pugs for something as simple as there are more 4 man premade vent using teams on imp side.

I want to go into a WZ and enjoy playing it, not be continually stun locked by people calling out stun cycles in vent. If you limited groups to Ranked, then you would definitely have more ranked, and those who PUG it wont be as bad off as they are now.

And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.

Call me a QQ I dont care, but if Bioware and you guys as a community want to interest more players to SWTOR, facerolling newbie f2p players isnt the best start.

4 man premade in vent IS a crutch, because you wouldnt be as effective if you had to type out instructions. I have two full sets of WH I use, I am no newb, and I certainly dont need a lecture on how to pvp. And yeah I am tired of being facerolled by 4 man premades every WZ, because pubs on my server are just bad. Imps tend to have the better pvpers, and more premade 4 mans (I know personally they have two groups que up at the same time to get a 8 man reg wz pop, and it happens a lot more than you think) which leaves me getting facerolled every match. I am butthurt, its annoying to lose 90% of my pugs for something as simple as there are more 4 man premade vent using teams on imp side.

I want to go into a WZ and enjoy playing it, not be continually stun locked by people calling out stun cycles in vent. If you limited groups to Ranked, then you would definitely have more ranked, and those who PUG it wont be as bad off as they are now.

And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.

Call me a QQ I dont care, but if Bioware and you guys as a community want to interest more players to SWTOR, facerolling newbie f2p players isnt the best start.

so..

1. your 3 friends don't want to pvp with you

2. your server has better imps then pubs

3. you have no desire to make another toon to play as an imp

4. typing 3e takes you too long compared to saying 3 east out loud

these are a lot of "you" issues. Not state of pvp issues. I'm not railing on you, just pointing out the theme here.

LOL? Did someone tell me to "be a man" in a video game forum?

BTW... how I was raised... men don't cry, complain, moan or whine... we adapt, work with the hand we're dealt, and find a way to succeed with what we have. Not ask for hand outs or ways to make things easier for us...

So, besides how silly it is to tell someone to "be a man" on a gaming forum... I think first you should review your definition of one. ;)

I dont need a lecture on what some a s s hats father told him when he was but a wee boy. If you knew who Russell Peters is, then youd understand the reference. I served our country for four years in the USMC, I dont need anyone trying to tell me how to be a man.

And its not asking for a handout, its asking for more competitive play in the most used type of pvp. Limiting warzones to full PUG status will encourage more people to do Ranked, (least those who think they are pro) of which is so desperately needed. on pot5 its so bad that imps can que up two groups of ranked and just play each other over and over again. Thats stupid, we need more ranked, and not allowing premades of any type in regular warzones will alleviate that issue.

so..

1. your 3 friends don't want to pvp with you

2. your server has better imps then pubs

3. you have no desire to make another toon to play as an imp

4. typing 3e takes you too long compared to saying 3 east out loud

these are a lot of "you" issues. Not state of pvp issues. I'm not railing on you, just pointing out the theme here.

1. your an idiot for assuming I cant group.

2. seems that way.

3. I have a 50 powertech and a 50 operative, next question.

4. its as you say simple, so why do you need vent?