Error code during Explosive Conflict OPs

Every week my OPs group encounter the error he1034 where if we happen to wipe at the last boss, the instance is inaccessible to us when we try to get back in. This is extremely annoying and we are forced to completely disband group and close the game; however, this makes us deal with the "soft reset" of EC where all the trash leading up to Kephess is back. This is a problem that is present and many OPs group in my guild have complained about this. It is very disheartening to be 3% away from killing the boss and being forced to deal with extra hassle of buggy respawned mobs because of a faulty game and a bug that has been present since the release of 1.2. If anyone else is experiencing error code "[server Admin] : Permission to enter on he1034, access denied: could not move player to selected area" (or something along those lines) please post on here to hear about how you deal with it, also if a Biorep could comment on this and many help out, that would be great.

Thank you,

Brennus

Old Republic Dads

THis is getting old every week we need to clear the trash more than once because of the error. If you wipe you need to leave someone in the ops intill some reloads or it soft resets and you need to clear it again. In Old Republic Dads we have 4 OPS groups and we all had this problem today. I love the game but this is getting to the point of rage quit. Please help this is a big BIG BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue that OP is facing is supposedly due to depopulating of the instance that they were previously in as the overall number of players in Denova decreases. When this happens, the server denies access to the specific instance and there's currently no way to go about it.

Leaving a player in the instance to release after someone else has zoned in may help with preventing trash respawning by keeping your group in the same instance, but once you encounter what the OP has seen, it no longer works as you can't zone back in until you disband and remake your group.

This is something that Bioware really needs to look into.

Having the same issue, but different area code

"Permission to enter on he6072 access denied. Could not move player to selected area"

For the player its worse as you can't move or chat and eventually get disconnected.

Having players stay in zone doesn't help with this issue.

According to my other thread, we need to be raising in game support requests:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=508989

We *always* leave someone in when we wipe. We set it up ahead of time so we can (as we thought) prevent this error.

No dice.

In *any* event - this is a sort of game-destroying error for a lot of us. We don't spend a lot of time clearing trash (maybe a half-hour) but having to drop group, alt-f4, log back in, reform all just to have to reclear back to the boss *you just fought* is pretty unreasonable, and extremely frustrating.

There are a limited number of times we'll encounter this problem before just throwing in the towel.

If the problem is that the instance server soft-resets an instance before we load back in (which I doubt its doing, since the text of the error begins with 'permission denied') then the timeout is completely unreasonable.

Even if there exists some unknown series of magic incantations we need to perform - chicken sacrificing, standing on our heads while a prime number of people are left in the instance, whatever - that does not excuse this error - at least to us. Maybe somewhere, there exists some planet on which people are happy to jump through hoops and deal with repeating stuff *you just did minutes before,* but my personal patience is wearing thin.

It is difficult to imagine why this error is persisting and not being addressed. It happens to my group EVERY week that we do this instance. Leaving a body inside does NOT work for this error. We should even have to do that. Why has it not been acknowledged nor addressed. I think every EC group that I have talked to that does the full run has experienced it at some point. Given a limited time frame for most people to complete ops this totally derails the night. Not only do we have to disband, reset, log out, etc. Sometimes have to do all of that multiple times. Members of my group have logged back in just to find themselves floating adrit in space!

I understand that bugs are part of a game. But, this one is pretty darned serious AND has been around for a while. I dont mind that it happened initially. I DO mind the amount of time that has passed without it being fixed.

"he1034" is not an error code. It is the internet hostname of The Shadowlands server. For example, web servers generally have a (visible) hostname of "www".

If you poke into the settings folders for the game, you'll find a series of references to he*, one for each server/character combination. There will also be a file for your account with contents something like:

[settings]
LastPlayedShard = The Shadowlands
LastPlayedShardAddress = he1034n01.swtor.com:8995:castlehilltest

Yep, seen this every week without fail.

How do I deal with it? I usually file a bug report with all the details about what happened. Then I get an automated response along the lines of "this is working as intended, and we hope you will continue to have a positive experience playing swtor". After that we /ragequit for the night.

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, seen this every week without fail.

How do I deal with it? I usually file a bug report with all the details about what happened. Then I get an automated response along the lines of "this is working as intended, and we hope you will continue to have a positive experience playing swtor". After that we /ragequit for the night.

Thats ridiculous. A buggy code... gets a "this is working as intended"?

Something that forces the players to kill the mobs and trash again? Not to mention having to jump through hoops to get around it?

I just told my guild mate this and he says/joked "thats developer speak for ' Yeah we know its problem but we cant do anything about it so goodbye"