R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

Scorpiooooo

Hi everyone!

First of all, let me say a HUGE thank you to the community for supporting this. You look back at the last twenty pages and literally from day 1 everyone came on board to support what we hoped would be a really fun event.

Last night I thanked EsKy (ala Fresk/Resk/Gresk) and Thyra for being there with me all night to cast this thing and help out the whole time, but I want to thank ALL the Guilds who participated - Add Coins, Ewok'alypse Now, Midian, Nightmare Council, Not Entirely Stable and BOSS for putting up TWO teams for the competition. To be able to all show up on the one night and commit to this was a great achievement and deserves much applause to everyone who played.

Special mention should go out to Obiray. He has been emailing me since DAY 1 to make sure that this happened and was prepared to offer 1million credits to the prize kitty in order to entice people to play. As it happened I managed to rangle together enough creds, but it was on Obi's insistance that it happened that way. You're a champion Obiray.

Being the first time this happened, we had some terrible technical issues, in the stream and the commentary. We did rock up quite early to make it all work, and ended up running through George St to buy new headsets, because the ones at CityHunter didn't work properly. I'd been speaking to CityHunter for a few weeks to make sure it would all be good, and it was a bit disappointing to see that their equipment, whilst good quality for playing, didn't hold up for streaming. In particular the X-Split / Skype settings were blocked so that we couldn't connect them together.

This meant that, some time in the elimination matches, we decided the best thing to do would be to hold the Microphone up between us. This had a negative effect on my ability to move the character around properly, but we managed to get through!!! There were a couple of other things, but I won't go into that. Suffice to say, we have now worked out the kinks, and any tournament we do in the future, we know exactly what we need to do in order to make it work properly from a viewers perspective!

From reading the chat I'd like to say thank you to Nightmare Council for putting up a team and persisting through the elimination rounds. I know it wasn't fun for you guys, and that sucks. Thank you for turning up and doing it on the day regardless. You rock.

What I'd like to do, in 2013, is organise a semi-regular Pool-Style version of this competition. Think of it like Raid Nights, where for 1 or 2 nights a week, we stream and call matches between different groups.

Pool 1: Pool 2:

Team 1 Team 1

Team 2 Team 2

Team 3 Team 3

Team 4 Team 4

Maybe 2 matches a night (Best of 3) and once everyone's played everyone once, the top 2 teams from each pool go through to a Semi Final, then the winners from that go into a Grand Final.

I'd love to offer better prizes as well, hopefully we can use last nights competition to get some kind of sponsorship. I'll be looking into it.

I'm going to go through all the clips on Twitch and name them all. I've got everything on a Hard Drive and will upload to YouTube within the week. http://www.youtube.com/boughenpix

Thanks for all the feedback and most of all, I'm just glad everyone had a great time! So many people enjoyed it and that's what we set out to do!

:jawa_tongue:

Edited by Scorpiooooo

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also need a conselation prize, 2nd place and maybe 3rd place should recieve some kind of reward for making it that far

but thanks heaps icesis! was a great night havnt had that much fun on swtor in a long time, playing and watching the matchs with friends

ps. the commentary = halrious

As far as prizes go, I (And I'm sure a few others) couldn't care less.

Last night we saw the highest population of people on the republic fleet I've seen in months, we had tonnes of awesome games and some *********** epic gameplay.

I take my hat of to Icesis (And Co.) for once again hosting an awesome event and to everyone who played.

PS. In my head Ewok won that comp on sheer awesomeness, blew all expectations out of the park for me, best MMO pvp game I've ever seen.

:D

Edit: You may or may not wish to do the same, but I have edited out most of the things I have posted, at this point

Great idea, done.

I wish NES much luck in future tournaments, let me know if you are interested in some RWZ evenings versus Add Coins so that we can practice for next tournament. Congratulations on the 2nd place in this tournament.

Hey thanks a lot Meds! We are definitely interested in ranked games in the future, will be in touch.

Hey Mosus, I'll put up a hand for <BOSS> and take u up on that, we were very unlucky our main dps didnt show up and our backup lost his net connection for 2 hours so we had to grab a mara we'd never played with b4 in BOSS1, was a good tourney tho, our games were extremely close so it was pretty nail biting there. Hit me up for organised ranked anytime u want.

Ditto. We're keen for as much practise as we can get.

We are definately on for practise games etc with the lower ranked teams to skill up.

We'd be willing to help out with practise games. Noone in our guild really cares about rating so we'd be happy to sub in alts and new recruits to balance the teams.

What I'd like to do, in 2013, is organise a semi-regular Pool-Style version of this competition. Think of it like Raid Nights, where for 1 or 2 nights a week, we stream and call matches between different groups.

Maybe 2 matches a night (Best of 3) and once everyone's played everyone once, the top 2 teams from each pool go through to a Semi Final, then the winners from that go into a Grand Final.

I'd love to offer better prizes as well, hopefully we can use last nights competition to get some kind of sponsorship. I'll be looking into it.:jawa_tongue:

Great idea Icesis. I think week nights would work better from the players' point of view, as you avoid conflicts with things like weddings. In regards to prizes, I think it would make sense for each team to pay an entry fee. I also like Mosus's idea of a 2nd and 3rd prize.

Also, apologies to the viewers if the Grand Final was a bit anticlimactic. Especially the VS debacle, which we were all pretty embarrassed about. Having never played seriously together as a team before, we were very disorganised (something I suspect most teams experienced). Which is why it's great there is so such renewed enthusiasm for ranked - plenty of opportunity for practise!

Jackysparrow

PS Icesis, not sure if u remember but I used to PvP with u on my my PT Bronxx in lowbies

Want to say thank you to the organisers and streamers of this event was a lot of fun to participate in and watch very much like to see more of this in the future. You Guys did a great job bringing the rated scene back to the server as i am sure games will happen more frequently as a result of the effort you put it in. Grats to midian for taking it out by far the most deserving team of the title.

I would like to thank Iceiss and Fresk for bringing our server alive with this comp really brought the best out from our server and gave a lot of players the drive to continue forward and learn. I'm sure a lot of people learnt so much by watching and playing in the comp I know I did.

Iceiss you 2 are pro at commentary made it very entertaining to watch. I know it would of taken a long time to set up and think of how you was going to do this but you did it perfectly and I'm sure in future your skills will improve as a commentator/camera man what was it mic in one hand and mouse in the other lol. hopefully next time you get a bit more close to the action but i know people can make mistakes and tab target the cameraman hopefully in future with a bit more practice we will not hit you guys by accident lol, but all of this could be fixed if Bioware gave us what so many were begging for at launch a spectator mode.

Now games that i would like to see would be Add Coins VS MIdian and Ewok VS NES think they would bring different and exiting gameplay from what we have seen. I for one would love to see a huttball game between NES and Ewok the only sad thing about this until a next comp this wont be commentated.

I would like to also thank Nightmare Council for entering even though we all knew you guys didn't have the best team since you guys mainly PVE but I'm sure like all of us this comp made you guys want to play PVP i seen Stevo in a 50 PVP game for the first time today im sure he is getting geared to lead his guild and i encourage that. I now have a lot of respect for the guilds that played and are quite proud of them every team brought all they could to the table and showed us the best PVP games we have ever seen. We had whole fleets cheering for teams when have you ever seen that and imo it was the best day of SWTOR I have ever had and hopefully will bring even better ones.

So now we look to the future to the next comp. Can Midian defend their crown? will Add Coins get their revenge on NES? Will boss have one team or two? Will Nightmare council get a better fixture? Will Iceiss get better at being a cameraman? or will Ewok get a first round opponent? these things and more will be answered in the next RAW (Ranked APAC Warzone Championship) WHICH WE ALL HOPE WILL BE SOON, SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Sorry if my grammar is not the best lol to used to texting and writing on facebook to remember proper English atm.

.................................................................................ZIMAS..............................................................

This was a great event, and in retrospect something I wish had occured a lot sooner on the Master Dar'nala. Hats off to the organisers for taking the initiative and contributing their time and resources for the benefit of our community. It's greatly appreciated. The sense of community in regards to both faction and PVPer's alike was something I'd never witnessed before. With imperials cheering for imperials, pubs for pubs, and even opposing faction guilds logging over on alts to wish opposing teams goodluck in their matches.

Thank you to all the teams that participated and people that watched the stream and supported the event. Obviously the standout to us was the EWOK team in that huttball match. What a nailbiter, everyone's nerves on Midian were a bit shot after that one I think heh. Much respect to Nightmare Council for getting a team together too, even with the badluck of disconnects. With the changes to PVP gear in 1.6 it should make it easier for some of your guys to get geared up and I hope to see you in future tournaments. Having said that I fully support the amendments to the matchs that Scorpio has suggested previously, let every team fight every team, and make it a point system etc. All a learning experience and I think they did very well for a first attempt.

PS - Well done Grizzy on your singlehanded 3 cap of Civil War, bravo =P

Edited by ausmisc

Aaaahhh the good ol pre-50 PvP. Good times!

After the other night I decided to play a few games on my neglected Sniper, Perigan. Well that sure went well. Not only did I completely forget how to play as a Sniper, not being able to heal or cleanse myself is just plain annoying! Especially when Mosus and Zimas are looking at me like a juicy piece of meat. And despite my cries in Say, they continued to destroy me. No Zimas! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lol, man I need to practice my RDPS badly... Also BM gear doesn't help.

Aaaahhh the good ol pre-50 PvP. Good times!

After the other night I decided to play a few games on my neglected Sniper, Perigan. Well that sure went well. Not only did I completely forget how to play as a Sniper, not being able to heal or cleanse myself is just plain annoying! Especially when Mosus and Zimas are looking at me like a juicy piece of meat. And despite my cries in Say, they continued to destroy me. No Zimas! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lol, man I need to practice my RDPS badly... Also BM gear doesn't help.

Hahaha. I was just trying to show you some love. Fire is romantic, no?

I would like to see Boss1 vs Add Coins.

Boss1 were extremely hard to beat.

In return Not Entirely Stable should probably vs Ewoka'lpse Now, to finally sort out the "what ifs" of the competition.

Edit: Also I agree that prizes aren't necessary, superiority is its own reward.

Edited by Weeeeee

Hell, I think a lot of us would actually PAY the guys who ran the thing if it helped keep it going, rather than expect prize money. Although the Midian guys did earn a nice million each thanks to the generosity of the organiser's, Obiray (I think) and the Midian guild's piggy bank. I'm sure I'll find a way to waste mine on something shiny and useless. Edited by ausmisc

I would like to see Boss1 vs Add Coins.

Boss1 were extremely hard to beat.

In return Not Entirely Stable should probably vs Ewoka'lpse Now, to finally sort out the "what ifs" of the competition.

Edit: Also I agree that prizes aren't necessary, superiority is its own reward.

I've already discussed with Winspec about us vsing each other for practice for the next tournament and they're keen.

Very much keen to get some ranked going between the different guilds that were involved in the comp to improve for next time.

mmmmmmm What other guilds would you like to see play in the next comp?

I would like to see beyond redemption get a team i know they would at least have half a team already that play war-zones i can name 4 off the top of my head Qar, Eveta, Pexalotte and Darnina sorry if i spelt your names wrong but with 4 dps that's already a good team.

mmmmmmm What other guilds would you like to see play in the next comp?

I would like to see beyond redemption get a team i know they would at least have half a team already that play war-zones i can name 4 off the top of my head Qar, Eveta, Pexalotte and Darnina sorry if i spelt your names wrong but with 4 dps that's already a good team.

Eveta and Pexalottle are heals... Well I'm certain Eveta is... Pretty sure Pex is as well

Come tonight Legit's making an effort to get our guild full Wh and EWH main/off just so we can participate next time. We're a mostly PvE guild and you guys have probably never even seen another member other than me in pvp regularly so should be good to get in on the action :p Edited by Tom_the_Narwhal