World PVP event this Monday

Sildanar

World PVP event.

When: Monday 12th November 2012

What time: 8pm server time

Where: Tatooine pvp zone

Entrance fee: 20k credits each.

Why an entrance fee?

We will be collecting an entrance fee so that at the end of the event we can provide a prize to the best Imp and Rep player. Hoping for 20 players at least from each faction which would be a 400k prize pool for each wiinner.

How is the winner chosen? Each faction will chose its winner by group vote.

Other prizes will be available on the night.

Currently Ewokalypse NOW has put up a Purple Black Crit crystal as a prize, a similar offering from the Imp side would be appreciated.

How these epic prizes are to be won has yet to be decided. (will update with further details before the event)

Style of Combat: Version of capture the flag, with 2 special events and a Grand Melee to finnish.

Option for a few Arena events if people are interested.

Please note we will be attempting to balance the teams, so 20 v 20 or ?? v ??, if we have more than we can balance then the people sitting out will get rotated into the team for later battles.

The rules.

1/ Do not target any Referee (marked with Blue shields)

2/ Wait till the battle is called to begin.

3/ Lowbies are welcome to watch but will be killed if they interfere.

4/ 20k credits entrance fee per toon.

5/ No battle Rez.

SIlber will be Referee for Republic side

?? will be Referee for Imperial side

We will need to have large vent/TS channels for each faction and each referee should have access to both channels.

Please sign up below if you and or you guild are interested.

Yep good night was had by all some solid ideas there for some games.

hide and seek worked really well imo and breach the fort and kill the target was really good too

Was great to see some 1v1 at the end in the pit with 40 peeps watching on.

Keen to see if the community will get behind something like this again.

Also thanks to Silber and Stevoo that helped get this off the ground (and anyone else that made this happen that i don't know of)

Edited by phat_maban

Awesome event, I had a great time :)

22 republic players and about the same Imperials. So approx 40 lvl 50 people for the event, great turnout.

2 capture the flag style events, though brief, provided some laughs.

Bounty hunt event across the sorching sands of the Dune sea, kind of cool, till I got ganked by 6 Imps..

The Assault on the Czeka factory with both sides having a crack at attack and defence was my favourite of the group events. Cant believe some Rep players fell for the old knock em down the elevator shaft trick, good positioning by the Imp players I thought.

Gear showed though when Reps where on the defence, nice work people :) and nice try by the Imp Assasins, they penetrated our def pretty well, and I think I took a scratch to the leg..need to gear up pvp wise fella's :cool:

Our special events of the night where the following

Luc (his Rep toon) vs Myronreducto (?) Sent vs Mara

Victory to Luc

Terrytate vs Crysalis GS vs Sniper

Victory to Crysalis (OMG Terry W T F ??)

Juria vs Stevoo Shadow vs Assassin

Victory to Juria (was close but then Juria brought it home well)

Some 4v4 was briefly begun

but we decided to call it a night.

Winners of the cash prizes

Shygirl won for the Reps

? for the Imps

Im summary, it was a trial night both to see how many we could get, but also what worked and what didnt work for the types of battles. Interestingly some people liked the Capture the flag style, others the Bounty hunt or myself the Assault/Defend the Czerka factory, it seems there was something for everyone.

The mumble channel was pretty fun as well almost the highlight for me.

40 plus people watching the duels of some our best players felt pretty awesome I might add.

There also seemed some good interest in 4 man Arena style matches, something to think about perhaps?

My only regret of the night was that the listed prize of a Blue Black Crit Crystal was withdrawn at the last minute.

This was my suggestion as I thought it was an overly generous gift by that GM.

I regret that this happened and I take full responsibility for it.

If you feel this is unfair or in any way that you lost out, feel free to contact me in game and I will personally refund your entrance fee.

All up a great night.

Your input as to what you liked or didn't like on the night is appreciated as well as any suggestions you might have for the next event, please add your comments below.

Shoutouts

Stevoo and the crew from Nightmare Council, thanks for coming and especially thank you for the use of your mumble server, it made things much easier.

And generally to everyone who turned up

thanks for a great time :D

Thanks for organizing the event man, it was a lot of fun.

Anyway here are my thoughts,

• The bounty hunt was great.
  • The defend/attack game was great.
  • The duels were great.

Things that didn't work IMO

• Capture the flag. Sounded great in theory, but ended up a mess. It would be better IMO just replace it for more arena tournament games.

• Prizes... I thought prizes were unnecessary. People came for fun not credits, I don't blame who ever withdrew the Black/purple crystal, it really wasn't needed. But if prizes are needed I think issuing them by popular vote is odd, they should just be prizes for winners of the bounty hunt, arena etc...

My only idea for future events is 'Naked Brawls'. Yes I know, it sounds steamy. Everyone unequips all gear slots, then republic and empire have a huge brawl using the punch,brawl,kick,jab buttons found on legacy. Last faction standing wins.

Again thanks for making it happen.

My only idea for future events is 'Naked Brawls'. Yes I know, it sounds steamy. Everyone unequips all gear slots, then republic and empire have a huge brawl using the punch,brawl,kick,jab buttons found on legacy. Last faction standing wins.

Lol this :)

I only turned up at the end to see the duels in OD, wish I had made it earlier but had family stuff to do.

Still paid an entrance fee I would like to see more of this sort of thing.

I think we could do the duels more often (even with less ppl if necessary) and instead of just one match for singles we could do best of 3, that way the players can suss each other in the first match and if they lose have a chance to redeem themselves.

Thanks for organizing the event man, it was a lot of fun.

Anyway here are my thoughts,

• The bounty hunt was great.
  • The defend/attack game was great.
  • The duels were great.

Things that didn't work IMO

• Capture the flag. Sounded great in theory, but ended up a mess. It would be better IMO just replace it for more arena tournament games.

• Prizes... I thought prizes were unnecessary. People came for fun not credits, I don't blame who ever withdrew the Black/purple crystal, it really wasn't needed. But if prizes are needed I think issuing them by popular vote is odd, they should just be prizes for winners of the bounty hunt, arena etc...

Cheiftain pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly, so no point me typing it out again.

I would definately like to see some more of the 4v4, 3v3 etc. type duels.

Great event, thankyou Silber and Stevoo, and all who organised and turned up.

• 1 month later...
by any chance this will happen again?

Yes there is every intention of this and other world pvp events happening again.

This includes the RAW tournaments, my objective based pvp event and a proposed 4v4 arena event.

BUT probably not much will happen till the end of January considering the holidays etc.

Stay tuned.

Sil

• 4 weeks later...