Lethality Operative Bug

Transmet

I assume this also applies to Dirty Fighting Scoundrels as well:

There has been an issue regarding poisons and lethality operatives for some time now that I feel should be brought to BW's attention if it hasn't been already.

I have taken points in Lingering Toxins in the lethality tree and the problem occurs when re-applying corrosive dart and corrosive grenade on the final tick, so as not to clip the ability short, and find that my GCD has been spent, I have lost the energy to apply the poison, yet the ability has not been refreshed. This is not a 'miss'. I have checked my combat logs dozens of times on parses and I am over the 110% threshold of tech accuracy. I can willfully and on command 'miss' this ability if I time it with the last tick of poison on either dart and/or grenade. This shouldn't be happening.

I should not be punished for trying to maximize my damage output by timing my final tick with a refreshing ability.

Regards,

Noire

Yeah this at first seems like not so big of a deal when parsing as you notice right away, but in a boss fight you can't watch your dots as well and you assume the dot worked, only to find out during your 2nd or 3rd cull you are culling with only corrosive grenade... It's very annoying in both cases though. I'll elaborate more when not on my mobile phon.

Below I have included a log of what is happening,

22:14:39.429 Dakisbehindyou activates Corrosive Dart.
22:14:39.429 Dakisbehindyou spends 16 energy.
22:14:39.429 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart adds effect Corrosive Dart to Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:39.430 Dakisbehindyou gains 2 energy.
22:14:39.431 Dakisbehindyou's Poisoned (Tech) critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 1564* internal damage, causing 1564 threat!
22:14:39.431 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart effect of Poisoned (Tech) fades from Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:39.533 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart adds effect Poisoned (Tech) to Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:39.534 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart effect of Corrosive Dart fades from Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:39.634 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart effect of Poisoned (Tech) fades from Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:39.634 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart adds effect Weak Corrosive Dart (Tech) to Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:40.936 Dakisbehindyou activates Corrosive Dart.
22:14:40.937 Dakisbehindyou spends 16 energy.
22:14:40.937 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart adds effect Corrosive Dart to Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:41.029 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart adds effect Poisoned (Tech) to Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:41.030 Dakisbehindyou's Corrosive Dart effect of Corrosive Dart fades from Operations Training Dummy.
22:14:41.030 Dakisbehindyou gains 2 energy.
22:14:41.030 Dakisbehindyou's Poisoned (Tech) critically hits Operations Training Dummy for 1193* internal damage, causing 1193 threat!
22:14:41.935 Dakisbehindyou activates Adrenaline Probe.
22:14:41.935 Dakisbehindyou gains Adrenaline Probe.

it's seriously like 8 steps for a debuff. Think your developers could reduce that a bit or just make our DoT effects last a bit longer and make them unpurgeable like madness will be in 2.5.

Basically what is happening is the call for removal of the first corrosive dart removes both the old and the new one.

Edited by dakisback

• Dev Post
I assume this also applies to Dirty Fighting Scoundrels as well:

There has been an issue regarding poisons and lethality operatives for some time now that I feel should be brought to BW's attention if it hasn't been already.

I have taken points in Lingering Toxins in the lethality tree and the problem occurs when re-applying corrosive dart and corrosive grenade on the final tick, so as not to clip the ability short, and find that my GCD has been spent, I have lost the energy to apply the poison, yet the ability has not been refreshed. This is not a 'miss'. I have checked my combat logs dozens of times on parses and I am over the 110% threshold of tech accuracy. I can willfully and on command 'miss' this ability if I time it with the last tick of poison on either dart and/or grenade. This shouldn't be happening.

I should not be punished for trying to maximize my damage output by timing my final tick with a refreshing ability.

Regards,

Noire

Thanks for the heads up on this, I will pass it on for investigation!

-eric

-eric

This happens to snipers with lingering toxins as well. I've reported this bug before through the forums and in person to some devs, though to be fair none of them were the combat team.

http://www.twitch.tv/fridge_sa/c/2384662 - 6 month old video evidence that I have submitted before.

Edited by FridgeLM

-eric

Eric, in what forum should we be reporting these issues? I filed a /bug complete with 20 second YouTube video of it occurring back in like, 2.1. I put a post in the Bug Reports section of the forums as well. Since then, I've seen (and made) dozens of other posts about it in various threads. It has actually become a topic of some discussion, since many Lethality/Dirty Fighting players (including myself) are forgoing the talent altogether to avoid the bug, which results in a DPS loss due to the occasional missed Cull.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're taking notice of the issue, but I'd really like to know what we should have done to get eyes on this in less than the six months that it ultimately took.

Eric, in what forum should we be reporting these issues? I filed a /bug complete with 20 second YouTube video of it occurring back in like, 2.1. I put a post in the Bug Reports section of the forums as well. Since then, I've seen (and made) dozens of other posts about it in various threads. It has actually become a topic of some discussion, since many Lethality/Dirty Fighting players (including myself) are forgoing the talent altogether to avoid the bug, which results in a DPS loss due to the occasional missed Cull.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're taking notice of the issue, but I'd really like to know what we should have done to get eyes on this in less than the six months that it ultimately took.

I'd like to know what it takes to get eyes on the scamper/exfiltrate bug. (being permanently immobilized if knocked back/rooted/pulled while using scamper/exfiltrate.) I and many others have been reporting this since the launch of 2.0 and the devs have yet to address a gamebreaking bug. It is very disheartening that it isn't even on the known issues. It's a very serious bug - it prevents the player from using a key ability of the class unless they want to risk not being able to complete content at all, especially warzones. So, with such a serious bug, why are the devs so silent?

I would note that in addition to filing bug reports, in addition to posting it on the forums, I've tried PMing both Eric and Amber about the issue in attempts to get SOMEONE to address it, with no luck.

Edited by Phorenzyk

• 1 month later...