Carnage my old friend...

UGLYMRJ

I haven't played carnage spec in forever... it might have been pre-50 even. So, since the class forums seem to be swarming with the PvE community. Here I am.

Noxxic says: Expertise > Strength >= Accuracy (105%) > Crit (30%) = Surge (75%) > Power/Force Power

But I know MANY successful marauders say "STACK POWAH!!!".

I know there was some changes to expertise at some point but just looking for people's thoughts and opinions.

Expertise & strength over power? Sacrificing expertise for power? Etc....

And what are thoughts about spec'ing into narrowed hatred so I can sacrifice accuracy for other stats? Sounds good on paper for a small bump.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

As far as I know, the expertise soft cap is 1200. As far as main stat over power (or vice versa) it's very class (and even spec) dependent, and I don't know enough about carnage marauders to comment. All I know is that on my hybrid Assassin, when I switched out all of my power augments for resolve augments I only lost 5.6 bonus damage but gained 1.64% crit. That was worth it to me.

EDIT: Honestly, if you aren't using an orange moddable belt and bracers with PvE armorings and PvP mods, you should be. A lot of excellent PvPers I know run with less than 1200 expertise (ranging from 1150~1180). I do that, but still run with over 1200 expertise.

Edited by Xena_Shepard

Mr.GrumpyPants has a good post overthere; http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=525404

I went with a complete powerbuild but after the great rage respec I switched out the power augs in my weapons for expertise. Which isn't too terrible ~1290 expertise ~950 force & 610 melee bonus.

Yeah... I thought about stacking for rage, since everything is on auto crit pretty much I thought about abandoning crit rating for main/power/surge but I don't want invest myself so much into one spec. I actually prefer annihilation over carnage but we need the predation now that we're getting into rated again. I actually wish they would lower the predation so I'm not forced into carnage simply because my guild has very few marauders. :D

Thanks tho... I'll check it out.

I'm fine in carnage with 0 crit on my gear and just the operative buff. 2 enh with 41 power 53 accuracy rest 41 power 53 surge. Sitting at about 1000-1200 primary damage, 1000 force bonus damage, 22% buffed crit (I have legacy operative buff) and 79% surge.

So you rarely crit, other than on force scream.

Check my armory :p

Crit is still too good for berserk>gore>massacre and gore>ravage bursts.

Surge to 75% > Crit to 30%> Power.

There's no way to avoid getting expertise and acc in there unless you completely neglect the acc which you shouldn't be doing as the enhancements come acc with crit/power.

So you rarely crit, other than on force scream.

When you stack purely power the base damage on some of your attacks with stacked power (as carnage) is decent enough (thanks to Ataru form and gore) for critical rate not to be an issue. Critical rating is just icing for the Carnage specialization. With that much power, force scream and ravage hit like a truck due to gore with the former being a guaranteed 4-7K critical hit. Force scream has a relatively low cooldown, so your fillers dont have to critical as much to be effective.

Critical rating only matters for the Annihilation and to a lesser degree Rage specialization. Critical rating is important for the bleeds, filler and signature of Annihilation. Rage has a guaranteed critical hit for smash from charge. But critical rating is still important for your vicious slash filler.

Check my armory :p

Crit is still too good for berserk>gore>massacre and gore>ravage bursts.

Surge to 75% > Crit to 30%> Power.

There's no way to avoid getting expertise and acc in there unless you completely neglect the acc which you shouldn't be doing as the enhancements come acc with crit/power.

LOL!

You need to post more so you're easier to find...

I was actually looking for one of your comments so I could steal your carnage spec. It's been so long I couldn't remember what mine was. :D

My ADHD kicks in sometimes and I forget things when I don't read it all. :D