Grouping and Last Name Questions

Amdramnar

1) If my wife and I start with different classes staring on different planets, at what point will we be able to join and play together? Do we have to finish the starting planet before we can get together?

2) My wife, a friend, and myself used to play a set of sisters in SWG. Would our characters be able to have the same last name in SW:TOR?

3) I heard rumor that SW:TOR and Ventrillo does not work well together. Is this true? And if so what about TeamSpeak.

1, Yeah after the starting planet you'll all meet up (normally around level 10)

2, There is the legacy system whereby you choose a last name, not sure if it has to be unique to your account though

3, not sure about vent, but I have had no issues with team speak while playing :)

hope this helps :)

**edit: removed a potential very minor spoiler**

Edited by Icabus

2, There is the legacy system whereby you choose a last name, not sure if it has to be unique to your account though

Currently as the game stands, legacy names and surnames are the exact same thing. They are also unique across the whole server. This means no one can be related except your own characters. Which means people trying to play together as a related pair, are SOL.

Sorry, this is how Bioware has deemed it, and they are wrong in doing so. We can only hope they realize their grand mistake, and detatch surnames from the legacy naming system... and do it better.

2) My wife, a friend, and myself used to play a set of sisters in SWG. Would our characters be able to have the same last name in SW:TOR?

At the end of chapter 1 of the story(around lvl 30) you can choose a surname, which all characters on the account will have.