Ship Customization

Swgimp

Different Furniture

Different Wall Colors

New Furniture Themes (You have thousands of pieces in the game already - Get off your butts and stick em in the ship - If I can do it with old Maya software on a crappy project, you can do it with your million dollar office (Tatooine - Corellia - Voss - Etc Etc)

Lighting Options (Gloomy - Bright - Dark - Rainbow)

Interactive or Non-Interactive NPC's (Critters - Insects - Pests)

Free Roaming Companions (Having them actually do things (Purely aesthetic - Think using a datapad "analyzing" the cockpit systems - Cleaning - Random chit chat)

Ship System for Vanity Pets - So they can frolic about

Armor mannequins / Weapon Holders (Plaques/ Racks) - Show off that gear!

Jukebox - Nuff Said

The argument that some of these things can't be implemented because of cut-scenes is ridiculous. We have cut-scenes everywhere, and I don't see a billion other people on the same person in my cinematic. Of the dozen or that happen over your storyline inside the ship, phasing out your background happens anyway and when you're done with storyline, it doesn't really matter.

The argument that this breaks immersion is also invalid. Did I just see 4 other Elara Dornes? Impossible.

Opinions welcome. These are just mine.

You know, what about customizing the *outside* of ships? This is something that keeps being passed over whenever people bring up the subject of starship customization, but is an important aspect of letting a player personalize their character's starship.

There were even in-game screenshots depicting several vessels of the same class with different paint colors and patterns on them, prior to release, so it's definitely possible. I know I would pay for Cartel Coins to buy paint kits or even pattern kits to change how my characters' ships look on the outside.

However, I agree, it should be possible to at least allow SOME customization on the inside of player starships.

I feel like the inside of the ships should be a little more modular. Giving us some options for customization in the various areas of the ship. Also having various fixed alternate locations for your companions to be switched to would be nice.

I think that BioWare could really use the interior customization to their benefit--think of all the cartel coins that player would be willing to spend on making the interior of the ship more like home.

Many MMO's have housing and many RPG's (like Fallout 3 and even Mass Effect 2&3) have customization of your "home." The ship would be an easy way to implement that idea. I would like the ability to display little items collected on planets on shelves/trophy cases/cabinets on my ship (ala Fallout 3).

Also, the ability to have an apartment on the capital city would be a very nice option for people to buy and unlock for their characters, as well as all the interior decorating that could be done. ;)

And PLEASE move the toons' spouse into their quarters. It seems silly that Vector and Torian still hang out in the cargo holds.

Also, the ability to have an apartment on the capital city would be a very nice option for people to buy and unlock for their characters, as well as all the interior decorating that could be done. ;)

Who wants a dingy apartment on the capital world when you can live in a space ship. I mean, come on. How p*mp is that? It's like a bad*ss RV. But with lasers and missiles. Let me customize that bad boy and it would have a disco ball and shag carpeting. Totally better than payin some fat twi'lek with grease stains on his wifebeater every month so I can live in a hole with leaky pipes and paper thin walls.

I'd like to see them revamp ship interiors, most are missing things, like crew bunks on the Jedi ships, a galley, locker room, meditation room, training room, and vehicle garage. They should have looked more to other great bioware ships like the Ebonhawk and the Normandy for inspiration for amenities for a space ship, instead of making it a huge holobooth.

They made ships to be nothing more then a stage for the holoterminal, it takes a massive amount of space and for what? I almost wish they had just used the conference room for the holoterminal and made better use of the rest of the space.

While we’re about it, let’s have cats for our ships! Proper moggies, who walk around with their tails in the air and come running when they hear the sound of a can-opener. Cat furniture for them to climb on and sleep in. And comfy easy chairs for them to curl up on when you’re away from the ship. :)

I wouldn’t mind having some art too. Paintings. Sculpture. Woven wall hangings. Tapestry. These ships are our homes, damn it! Not all of us are a bunch of guys who think a flat with mattresses on the floor and left-over pizza in the fridge is the height of domesticity. ;)

• 7 years later...

Sorry to Necro an old thread but i was looking into this and thought it best to open discussion up again in such a way, instead of making my own thread.

Ship customisation is something i want badly, and wouldent mind going through the cartel to do so, after witnessing the In my opinion ugly imperial agent ship.

Specifically, what i want to ask for is to change the color of the hull

But other suggestions i have are Different ships entirely, and interior decroation hooks akin to what we have in strongholds.

Sorry to Necro an old thread but i was looking into this and thought it best to open discussion up again in such a way, instead of making my own thread.

Ship customisation is something i want badly, and wouldent mind going through the cartel to do so, after witnessing the In my opinion ugly imperial agent ship.

Specifically, what i want to ask for is to change the color of the hull

But other suggestions i have are Different ships entirely, and interior decroation hooks akin to what we have in strongholds.

This is one of those ideas that pops up a lot. But I don't know if they'd ever do it. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, but we've had lots of posts, with lots of reasons why it wouldn't work, and the devs have been quoted a few time about why the can't, etc. I'm sure if you'll search the forums, you'll see them yourself. I can't remember them all...lol

Back in 2013 when the thread was started, people actually used their ship for travel. Still now, you need your ship to 'travel' to some places during the "story", so new characters still use their ship a few times.

But, basically, once you get through the story, you don't need your ship much any more. Most travel is done directly through the Galaxy map, or through strongholds, or by using the direct travel links on many heroics, etc.

Since people don't actually use their ships much, and more people decorate their Stronghold(s), I doubt that BW would put any resources into ship customization.

Would be cool to get ship customizations but kinda feels weird as in the base game you had all your class companions as well as HK-51 and Treek on your ship they did add theron and lana to the ship and for a little bit they did have HK-55 on your ship. But why not actually change it up a bit and use the class ships differently a bit and give the players the ability to actually buy different ships they can travel the galaxy with or cruisers not just guilds we kinda got the taste of it with the gravestone but we never got it outside of storyline and nor was all our companions there either. Well not all our companions are on Odessen either for that matter if you have cartel companions they don't show up at all on Odessen but having some place where you can have all your companions in the same place would be kinda of cool especially if you can customize the layout like a flagship or a stronghold. but instead of it being a guild's being a personal ship after you get done with whatever comes after 6.2 and before 7.0. I mean we are basically generals, commanders either the highest authority within the orders and yet we still have these puny class ships are nice for like small shuttles to like fleet or something like that but give us a place like in between class ship where they can actually dock to. Anakin and Anakin as Vadar had his own star cruisers not just his fighter, Obi-wan, Darth Marr, Arcann, Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Bastilla, Naga Sadow, Valkorian, Darth Angral, Darth Vengean, Darth Ravage. Its a sign of status in the story that you are in command of a personal flagship and most of those characters had their own fleet or armadas.

We had a fleet for what a whole 5 secs in storyline and now its gone and had our own flagship which we couldnt use outside of story content though. They kinda made the fleet and the personal flagship a bit too overpowered and took it away but its not like they havent flirted with the idea of it in the game. Even could use it in story driven content battles and such where you have to upgrade its weapons, staff, keep it fueled and all that there is a lot they can do with that for personal use that they neglected with guild flagships which could have been kinda potentially used for space raids or something along those lines but instead of using it for raids actually use it for special missions and stuff. And the question will be will be changed based on which faction you choose if you are a loyalist to empire or republic it wont change much but if you are a traitor and join the opposing faction do you get a different ship or do you keep your ship and use it against your original faction? something that could be interesting for future expansions.

That's the best looking player ship in the game though. Are you sure you didn't mean the Trooper's lopsided hammer with a sideways engine?

I like the troopers ship, it's basic, and looks it. Fits a trooper perfectly. It's basically a jeep in space ;)

As for the agents ship, I'm in two minds about it.

1. It's great for an agent (James Bond type), flashy etc, like the usual Bond cars

But

2. It's too flashy for an undercover spy, trying to remain out of people's attention.

Personally I still like it.

• 1 month later...
You know, what about customizing the *outside* of ships? This is something that keeps being passed over whenever people bring up the subject of starship customization, but is an important aspect of letting a player personalize their character's starship.

There were even in-game screenshots depicting several vessels of the same class with different paint colors and patterns on them, prior to release, so it's definitely possible. I know I would pay for Cartel Coins to buy paint kits or even pattern kits to change how my characters' ships look on the outside.

However, I agree, it should be possible to at least allow SOME customization on the inside of player starships.

I mean how hard would it be to add something like ship dyes? Or even, I dunno just a new range of ships that we can purchase. I understand it might be difficult because of cut scenes etc, but I'm sure if they were doing a new expansion its a feature that could be added.