Changing resolution without being in game

Greywen

I'm having a problem trying to log in, every time I do it gives me a black screen and my monitor says not optimal resolution. I can still hear the music etc, I need to change the resolution without being in game. Is there a file that has user resolution settings or is that stored server side?

I used to have a similar problem with my hdv and another game, in the end the way to fix it was to set the game to windowed mode. This forced it to run at the same refresh rate as my desktop and then I could see the options and set them to a working configuration.

The other option is to look where ToR is installed for some kind of .cfg file, usually theres a video resolution line in those, and if you open it with notepad you can set the game to start at the same resolution as your desktop.

Hope this helps

i still have this problem, even with trying all these fixes, any more help. please

Same issue, putting it in windowed full screen fixed mine.

**note there is another options file, users/YOURCOMPUTERNAME/app data/local/swtor. You will need to change it there to get back in. Hope it helps