Digital upgrade pack?!?!?!

bhking

I CANNOT BELIEVE, that suddenly the items only obtainable from the pre-order are now up for grabs. Like... is there any concept of loyalty or any restriction of greed? Bioware no longer exists, its like a snakeskin now... looks similar but its just a discarded piece of worthless ****!

I CANNOT BELIEVE, that suddenly the items only obtainable from the pre-order are now up for grabs. Like... is there any concept of loyalty or any restriction of greed? Bioware no longer exists, its like a snakeskin now... looks similar but its just a discarded piece of worthless ****!

Yeah it kinda sucks..

I was a pre-order and I'm sure bioware stamped all over it ONLY OBTAINABLE ONCE.

Edited by Scerge

The Digital Upgrade Pack has been around for quite some time... I believe my wife and I upgraded our standard copies using it less than a week after the game was released. Might've been slightly longer, but no more than a month.

Admittedly, we paid 14.99 for it back then, bringing the price of our standard editions up to the same as the Digital Deluxe versions (which is where all the bonus items come from, not from pre-order). There was even an amount of bonus coins granted to those of us who bought the pack prior to F2P. Not sure what all the drama is about really... are you only just finding out about it being available now?

The DDE was about 60-75 bucks when the game first came out. If you think about it, a new game or expansion comes average around 60 bucks, plus your month of game time is in there, 15 dollar value, and then all the little in game toys, for another 5. We got it earlier then the rest, and it's clearly not selling anymore which is why they just dropped the price of the items to 5 bucks. It's exactly like it is on the GTN, when something first comes out, its expensive, give it time, it cheapens. Next time hold on to your money if your going to be angry when the price drops later.

Translation:

"I gots it furst! No one else can haz it!! Itz mine!!! My ownz!!!! MY............PPPREEECIOUSSSSSSSssssssssssss!!!!!"

And then, the pot called the kettle black.

The DDE was about 60-75 bucks when the game first came out. If you think about it, a new game or expansion comes average around 60 bucks, plus your month of game time is in there, 15 dollar value, and then all the little in game toys, for another 5. We got it earlier then the rest, and it's clearly not selling anymore which is why they just dropped the price of the items to 5 bucks. It's exactly like it is on the GTN, when something first comes out, its expensive, give it time, it cheapens. Next time hold on to your money if your going to be angry when the price drops later.

This exactly. I remember back in the day when I bought a game then the expansion. Then that company made the two available together and it was cheaper than what I paid for just one of them. I was so damn angry I stomped all around my house. I threw my wife's favorite vase on the ground. Then she grounded me and told me to go to my room and I said NO! The anger sharks are swimming even now just thinking about it. I mean how on earth do some things get cheaper with time it makes no sense!!!11!!!!!

This exactly. I remember back in the day when I bought a game then the expansion. Then that company made the two available together and it was cheaper than what I paid for just one of them. I was so damn angry I stomped all around my house. I threw my wife's favorite vase on the ground. Then she grounded me and told me to go to my room and I said NO! The anger sharks are swimming even now just thinking about it. I mean how on earth do some things get cheaper with time it makes no sense!!!11!!!!!

Welcome to the trickle-down economy.

They release a product, wait until sales drop, then drop the price. You see this everywhere. The prices of the Xbox 360 and PS3 were not the same after a year. They drop the price. Why? Because the financial segment of our society with lots of disposable income bought them. Then sales dropped when they stopped selling at the first price, so they drop it down for the next financial segment of our society, and so on over the years. We see this happen with many products you can purchase from stores.

Its not EAware's fault you had the disposable income to buy it when it first came out, and couldn't wait a few months for a price drop, which inevitibley happens with many PC games, MMO or not.

Edited by CaptRavenous

Sarcasm?

Caused me to crack a smile.

It has always been available, from day one until now as the "Digital Deluxe" version, you could buy it from this site or on Origin for around $7.95 as an upgrade, I did it when I bought the game in Feb and my brother recently as well about 6 weeks back. - It does not give you access to the Collectors Edition vendor or those perks.

it was never limited, don't let your urge to rage about everything blind you to the facts before you enter 'table flipping' mode.

Edited by Deviouzzz

pre-order CE owner and still proudly paying. :confused: its just all about what games you REALLY enjoy.

Welcome to the trickle-down economy.

They release a product, wait until sales drop, then drop the price. You see this everywhere. The prices of the Xbox 360 and PS3 were not the same after a year. They drop the price. Why? Because the financial segment of our society with lots of disposable income bought them. Then sales dropped when they stopped selling at the first price, so they drop it down for the next financial segment of our society, and so on over the years. We see this happen with many products you can purchase from stores.

Its not EAware's fault you had the disposable income to buy it when it first came out, and couldn't wait a few months for a price drop, which inevitibley happens with many PC games, MMO or not.

Click the link please for a response

Sarcasm?

Caused me to crack a smile.

Yes it was!

• 4 weeks later...
Translation:

"I gots it furst! No one else can haz it!! Itz mine!!! My ownz!!!! MY............PPPREEECIOUSSSSSSSssssssssssss!!!!!"

And then, the pot called the kettle black.

This is an idiotic response. I agree with the OP. I spent a lot of money on the CE and was told at the time that these items would not be available to others. How can they justify the price tag if everything is up for grabs for next to nothing.

I'm not going to stop playing as it is an okay game that is fun to play occasionally but I will certainly not be purchasing bioware products with the same level of confidence and trust as I once did. :(

Oh for the love of...

NOTHING exclusive to the CE can be bought in that pack - the yellow/black crystal. The collectors book. The Statue. Certain ingame items that can ONLY be acquired by Collectors Edition players... what you can BUY is an upgrade from STANDARD to DIGITAL DELUXE edition by paying a few extra bucks.

What you get is the speeder and a few prettyful items that you have been able to get for 14.99 for MONTHS now by buying the DDE

Overreacting, much? They pay 10 bucks for the regular edition, then 4 to 5 more for an upgrade. They pay the SAME now that you pay for the 14.99 DDE that you can buy online. The Collectors Edition and DDE were MORE expensive at launch - but shock and awe, that's what we call MARKETING :rolleyes:

Um, people have been selling +41 crystals on GTN for like a long time now. Seriously.

Its not the stat of the crystal that was exclusive to pre-order but the color yellow-black, and you get access to a vendor to buy them from. This has not changed its still exclusive at this time.

DDE was never sated as a limited and they never stopped making or selling.

CE was limited.

And the only exclusive digital items was a pet & the CE store. They now added a banner for CE but this can be traded/sold.

Edited by Profion_Xilus

• 4 weeks later...