Rude tanks

MbaxterBeau

My main is a sorc healer. I usually heal pvp and have pretty good pvp and pve gear. Well I have noticed that when I pug a HM with friends and we get a tank from fleet about 90% of them want to rush through the instance and complain about party members not hitting space bar.

I would like to be able to do my HM daily and I do have friends who tank but are not always available.

What do you think is the best way to deal with a rude tank that wants to rush and is rude? Kick them, not heal them and let them die or report them?

My main is a sorc healer. I usually heal pvp and have pretty good pvp and pve gear. Well I have noticed that when I pug a HM with friends and we get a tank from fleet about 90% of them want to rush through the instance and complain about party members not hitting space bar.

I would like to be able to do my HM daily and I do have friends who tank but are not always available.

What do you think is the best way to deal with a rude tank that wants to rush and is rude? Kick them, not heal them and let them die or report them?

It's not just tanks... it's anyone who has already repeatedly finished the quests... Plus, it's Hardmode. You could've watched the whole story play out on Normal or 'Story' Mode.

Depends on the Flashpoint.

There is NO REASON EVER to sit through Black Talon, Boarding Party or Foundry. You know why? You can easily solo it, and not take any damage, and watch the story to your satisfied.

Any of the level 50 flashpoints, you should run them in STORY mode first if you want to watch the story. The people who are doing HM flashpoints are likely doing it for the millionth time, and want to get the grind over and done with as quick and painless as possible.

I spacebar but I don't get p*ssed at people who aren't as fast as I am. I had a tank tonight that was causing wipes by going ahead of us and pulling before we could get to him.

I would warn him the first time and kick him the second, if he insists on rushing ahead. Rushing the content like that actually slows the group down, and if he wants to be an idiot about it then let him run his own group.

Unfortunately, the only reliable solution I have found is to friend (or invite to guild) the good tanks I have run with, and try to get them onboard for a HM run, only picking one up from fleet when absolutely neccessary.

A moron is a moron, regardless of their role. Some roles are more vital than others, and people sometimes take advantage of increased tolerance to BS, because it's harder to find a new tank\healer.

I admit that as a tank, I can sometimes act in a very unfriendly manner- but usually with good reason. Idiots insisting on breaking crowdcontrol, people lacking basic targetting discipline, players who regularly go AFK, slowpokes, slackers, etc.

Call them out or kick them. 1.3 should, HOPEFULLY, help this since people will be able to que from anywhere so hopefully more people will que up while doing dailies!

I've personally, while on my healer, had a HUGE problem with Marauder's Force Jumping and aggro-ing everything before the tank. I can keep up the heals no problem, so there are no wipes, but it is annoying sometimes when there is a room full of monsters all attacking you, then they attack me once I start healing you. (It also becomes a problem when the tank's AOE taunt is on cooldown.)

I am not afraid to call people out, I had to do it on BT HM when someone either didn't know or didn't care to, move away from the Jedi Twi'lek when she does her cyclone. (I think my words were: You NEED to move away from her!) I did feel bad about that, as I was having a fight with my bf and let it make me angry at someone for something silly. (If that was you, I apologize! I didn't get to say in the party, but I will say it so everyone can see!)

Anyway, there's my two cents! :D LMAO!

Tanks in PUG's usually have superiority complexes, mainly because they know you need them more than they need you. Piss em off and they drop group and instantly get into another group, where as you'll be spamming for a while. The group finder will only make this worse. Edited by TKMaster

If I were the tank, I would have dropped out of your group; I would have done it though no matter what role I was playing. Why waste my time with people who don't have the same goal? I'm not going to watch cut scenes for the umpteenth time just because you think your entertainment of the game overrides mine. The group finder's not going to help much in this regard either.

My suggestion is if your going to take someone you don't know with you (pugs) then be sure you are upfront with them that your group is going to watch the story and are not going to spacebar.

Being honest and upfront about this may save you some trouble with people that you don't normally group with.

You should be able to enjoy the game anyway you like it no matter how many times you do the flashpoint just be honest and upfront about it.

My suggestion is if your going to take someone you don't know with you (pugs) then be sure you are upfront with them that your group is going to watch the story and are not going to spacebar.

Being honest and upfront about this may save you some trouble with people that you don't normally group with.

You should be able to enjoy the game anyway you like it no matter how many times you do the flashpoint just be honest and upfront about it.

I have found this also works well with the looting for companions issue. As long as it's discussed upfront there don't seem to be issues.

Depends on the Flashpoint.

There is NO REASON EVER to sit through Black Talon, Boarding Party or Foundry. You know why? You can easily solo it, and not take any damage, and watch the story to your satisfied.

Any of the level 50 flashpoints, you should run them in STORY mode first if you want to watch the story. The people who are doing HM flashpoints are likely doing it for the millionth time, and want to get the grind over and done with as quick and painless as possible.

Last I checked this is a MMORPG not a single player game, if I do a HM I'm going to spacebar it. But if somebody hasn't done it yet, the rest of us shall wait. Are you really that self centered that you'd take a fellow gamer's enjoyment of the game's story to shave a few minutes off the run?

Watching the same thing over and over again is very stimulating, I see your point.

Also, LOL at reporting them.

LOL

As a player with 2 tanks (50 Assasin and 30 something BH) I run alot of Flash Points and I enjoy them all.

But I don't want to watch the same cut scenes over and over again. especially when I normally end up tanking BT 3 to 4 times in a row so that Guildies, PUGs and myself can get the weekly/daily done or get some social points.

As others have said, just hit spacebar. There is no reason to sit through any FP Cutscene when you can do a majority of them on SM solo and watch the movies as much as you'd like. Also, as others have said, MOST of us have run every flash point a million times and plan on multiple runs that day as well, so we try to hurry through them.

Someone asking you to spacebar on cutscenes is not nearly grounds for reporting, kicking from a group or simply stop healing them. That is ridiculous.

Someone that runs ahead and wipes a group? That's a different story. But just hit freaking spacebar.

I witnessed it so many times in flashpoint pugs, it's starting to be quite annoying. During the first conversations, it goes from "Please, could you spacebar the conversations?" to "You [insert derogatory comment here], spacebar now or I kick you!". If you create/join a pug team and you want everyone to spacebar every conversations, you have to specify it BEFORE you start the instance or in your lfm (e.g. Lf3m Esseles speed/spacebar run), NOT during the first conversations! So if no one specifies the way to deal with conversations, don't start to suppose things. It's a recipe for potential disasters.

You could say something like "Before we start the fp, I'd like to know if it's ok if we spacebar the convos?". Usually, most players will agree to do it. It's so simple, it takes 30 seconds at most! But nooooooo, let's suppose that every players will read your mind because apparently puggers have that superpower.

-A message from a player who spacebars in pug runs but respects it if someone else doesn't want to.

Edited by Sammm

Last I checked this is a MMORPG not a single player game, if I do a HM I'm going to spacebar it. But if somebody hasn't done it yet, the rest of us shall wait. Are you really that self centered that you'd take a fellow gamer's enjoyment of the game's story to shave a few minutes off the run?

Exactly. Surprised that most of you are so stubborn about this.

Solution: Make sure you agree before starting the instance whether you'll be spacebarring or not.

Wow, I thought this was going to be about something else.

Sorry but if you can't hit spacebar you fail and should be yelled at.

If I join a group in almost full Rakata gear, you can be sure I've seen the cinematic. If I come along to help you get through the content, you could do the one thing I'd like, skip the cinematic.

I'm not going to go postal on you, but I'm far less likely to run with you again, or help you again, if I know you won't make my time their more pleasurable by simply skipping something I've seen a couple dozen times too many.

The original poster was talking about rudeness not the rights/wrongs of spacebarring cutscenes.

Basic rudeness is not justification of any of the 'punishments' suggested, if it goes into some abuse territory then group kick and report of course.

Like others have said, if you want to watch cutscenes, say before starting, if you don't want to watch cutscenes, say before starting. You might use one to go get a drink, just tell the others, most people don't mind if they know whats going on.

If someone's rudeness persists then complete the FP and don't invite them again.