Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

I don't know about you, but I prefer to be a benefit to my team by the things I do, not because I have one ability that the rest of the team wants. This ability is basically like the 30% speed boost to predation for Carnage maras. People may prefer the damage on Rage right now, but you need to have one in Carnage just for this ability. I would prefer to continue balancing in a way that actually assists DPS sorcs in their ability, rather than being worthless but able to make everyone else have an extra stun.
Hence the "are you going to make up for whatever changes you have in mind". I'd rather have burst to match our survivability than some freaking bubble, which in the current state would be a burst that did 12K, but the odds of that happening are low. Same thing with the new heal, I'd rather have a damage buff than that crap but the people over at BW are seemingly only reading things that correlate with their own opinions. That's why I brought up the feedback threads, they totally ignored them. Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they nerf focus/rage then vengeance/vigilance needs a considerable boost.

And everyone lives happily ever after :)

A change like this could have a very positive outcome regarding "Class Balance" If BW dosn't over due it.

Edited by knightow

Make it give more resolve and make it only stun when it breaks on damage.

It is utterly ridiculous how multiple people clicking it off can use it to keep multiple people CC'd to cap something.

Yes it does require coordination and teamwork to do it right, but it only requires one person giving out bubbles and nobody has to use their own CC's.

Thanks for posting your thoughts about the stun bubble and its Resolve value. We do plan on making some changes to the bubble in the future, but we're still looking at some different options for addressing concerns about it. We'll continue taking your feedback into account and will let you know more when we can.

lol. Yes. Lets nerf Sorcs/sage once again so that the class is rendered useless in Ranked Warzones and marauders and assassin/shadow hybrid builds can continue to face roll without ever meeting the nerf bat.. Good job PVP development team, good job.

It's annoying and that's how I feel about the bubble. Could it add more resolve...possibly. Could it only be a stun on the caster...eh. Make it only break on damage so no more clicking it off...that seems fair. I just hope they don't "break" the class again but then again the only sorcs I play with are all healers.

lol. Yes. Lets nerf Sorcs/sage once again so that the class is rendered useless in Ranked Warzones and marauders and assassin/shadow hybrid builds can continue to face roll without ever meeting the nerf bat.. Good job PVP development team, good job.

Well technically darkness assassins did get a nerf but yeah they can still put out equal or better dps than the other specs when played right.

It's annoying and that's how I feel about the bubble. Could it add more resolve...possibly. Could it only be a stun on the caster...eh. Make it only break on damage so no more clicking it off...that seems fair. I just hope they don't "break" the class again but then again the only sorcs I play with are all healers.

I agree with keeping the resolve where it is and taking away the ability to "click off" the Bubble. An extra, on demand, stun for an entire team is too strong when used properly. When its not being abused in this manner, i feel its fair. It can be a little annoying but sometimes leaping in and smashing 3 or 4 bubbles is worth it when i know the next stun/kb will fill my resolve to full. It also makes me use my force crush/saber throw to break the bubble instead of mindlessly leaping into the fray. Or on my sniper i chuck gernades like a boss to get that aoe in there.

I agree with keeping the resolve where it is and taking away the ability to "click off" the Bubble. An extra, on demand, stun for an entire team is too strong when used properly. When its not being abused in this manner, i feel its fair. It can be a little annoying but sometimes leaping in and smashing 3 or 4 bubbles is worth it when i know the next stun/kb will fill my resolve to full. It also makes me use my force crush/saber throw to break the bubble instead of mindlessly leaping into the fray. Or on my sniper i chuck gernades like a boss to get that aoe in there.

I honestly think that if they did not change resolve along with the bubble in 1.4 this discussion would not be happening for the reasons you stated about all the aoe that goes on in a warzone.

Yesterday im playing a madness sorc and the other team has 2 gaurdians jumping to me insta 7k hitting (i have 1385 expertise btw)me and lol'ing on my dead body....i respec to bubble sorc and get says complaining of my bubble being OP....if u nerf my bubble then u should nerf the lolsmashaderps

Reasonable nerfs:

1. Add resolve so It takes 3 bubbles to white bar instead of 4

or

2. Disable being able to right click it off

BioWare Nerfs:

1. Add a 1.5 cast time

2. Redesigned talent in Healing tree so it no longer lowers cost and cooldown when spec'd

3. Stun only affects targets in 2m range

4. Debuff that prevents getting bubbled has been increased to 30 seconds

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

YES hopefully this gets changed.

Yesterday im playing a madness sorc and the other team has 2 gaurdians jumping to me insta 7k hitting (i have 1385 expertise btw)me and lol'ing on my dead body....i respec to bubble sorc and get says complaining of my bubble being OP....if u nerf my bubble then u should nerf the lolsmashaderps

The bubble on the sorc itself isnt the problem but the bubble being on other team members. imagine a hybrid healer sorc putting that bubble on said 7k lawl smash juggernaut or say a pt and then when your teams meelee attacks they get stunned oso he can continue doing his dmg. THAT is what makes the ability op not as a defensive mechanism on the sorc themselves it would be easily countered there with some thought. Its next to impossible to counter when the entire opposite team has one and they pop all over the place leaving everyone stunned.

Edited by AngusFTW

Seems like a fair trade if ur gonna 6-9k smash everyone on my team that u get stunned for a couple secs after doing it. Is it OP maybe, but so are the smashers that bioware refuse to acknowledge/buff instead. Everytime a guardian smashes me i feel like kicking a cat.....

Seems like a fair trade if ur gonna 6-9k smash everyone on my team that u get stunned for a couple secs after doing it. Is it OP maybe, but so are the smashers that bioware refuse to acknowledge/buff instead. Everytime a guardian smashes me i feel like kicking a cat.....

Way to bring a completely unrelated topic to the table. On a side note, you need to regear then, because I have far less expertise on my sorc since I don't use expertise crystals and have the 27 resolve armoring in belt and bracers and I see 5-6k crits from smash. I love the 2k max abilities they have to use after that since they have no crit and I heal back to full health before they smash again. It is a terrible spec for killing healers unless they have 2 or 3 coordinated smashes, which are going to kill you even if smash is doing 3k. I don't understand your point.

I do appreciate how you know it's OP and agree with that being ok on the basis of something else being OP. Great balance.

Way to bring a completely unrelated topic to the table. On a side note, you need to regear then, because I have far less expertise on my sorc since I don't use expertise crystals and have the 27 resolve armoring in belt and bracers and I see 5-6k crits from smash. I love the 2k max abilities they have to use after that since they have no crit and I heal back to full health before they smash again. It is a terrible spec for killing healers unless they have 2 or 3 coordinated smashes, which are going to kill you even if smash is doing 3k. I don't understand your point.

I do appreciate how you know it's OP and agree with that being ok on the basis of something else being OP. Great balance.

Congrats on facing PUG smashers who arent geared

Congrats on facing PUG smashers who arent geared

I am a fully min/maxed augmented WH Juggernaut and i can tell you that against an equally geared player i am only hitting in the 5k range. 6k'ish if they have an armor debuff. the only time 9k hits ever happen is when those poor guys come in with mostly PVE gear.

Actually it's completely related. People complaining are mostly warrior types that really have no room to talk when calling a class OP. You are completely wrong in everything you have said about gear. At 1388 expertise I see hits for over 6600+ and that's really good gear. A newer player can be hit easily over 8k.

Ignore the fact players are putting out massive damage on you, clearly, it's the stun that's killing you!

Edited by Paulman

i play a jugg and mara and i like the new sorc bubble pop, it stresses the need for ranged dps in ranked teams... there are many ways a good team can work around this skill and it is far from game breaking. in order for a healer to get this they sacrifice alot in healing, as for dps they are busy casting bubbles instead of dmg spells... fair trade off in my opinion and not worth all the qq

Actually it's completely related. People complaining are mostly warrior types that really have no room to talk when calling a class OP.

Why not? Overpowered is overpowered. Its not like these players DESIGNED the stupid roflsmash warrior setup lol... anyone with a brain can recognize that BOTH that stupid thing AND the crazy amount of bubblestuns are just BAD. (Not to mention a good half dozen or so other retarded systems in this game... /wave resolve...)

So no, saying one instance of an OP ability is justified because another different one exists is a false argument. To admit that your own ability is OP and is ok because of that is hypocrisy at it's best.

Actually it's completely related. People complaining are mostly warrior types that really have no room to talk when calling a class OP. You are completely wrong in everything you have said about gear. At 1388 expertise I see hits for over 6600+ and that's really good gear. A newer player can be hit easily of 8k.

Ignore the fact players are putting out massive damage on you, clearly, it's the stun that's killing you!

You realize that the people putting out all the damage having the stun available to them is the biggest problem, right? I agree if you stroll in with a complete recruit set and get hit by a min/maxed WH, you'll see 8k crits. But 6-9k crits on full WH geared players (have to do some remodding to get 1388 expertise) is an extreme exaggeration. 6k range will be the high end of what you see and as we have the least defense and light armor, are you that surprised? Most maras don't even have gear remodded correctly because they weren't Rage until 1.4, so they aren't stacking power like some juggs. Seriously, the nerf smash threads are all over the place and that is where this line of thinking belongs. (I have no problem with toning down the damage on smash, but is terrible reasoning to leave an OP ability on another class.

TL;DR Having a stun on other players' bubbles does not help the sorc in any way. It means you'll get invited to ranked and still be just as frustrated as you were before the change, but people will be glad you were there to bubble them.

While you're swinging the nerf bat can you please aim it towards the the Focus/Rage tree as well.

You know that there are a lot more people that PvE than PvP, so any nerf will have effect on them.

Edited by Ramtar

How about we just nerf both smash and bubble? I think that would satisfy the people fighting here.

Kinda agree with this thought you can't speed up the amount of times your hardest hitting ability can occur without slightly lowering its damage output, especially the way TTK is in the game right now. Give said warrior/jk's this same ability ALONG with the ability to jump into a group of ppl, pop the bubble then smash them without them retaliating for 3 secs or being able to KB or get out of the way? Recipe for disaster.