Name Change, GTN and other issues?

joenewbie

When you do a name change and have items for sale on the GTN, will they still find your inbox when sold? Or do I need to wait till everything is either sold or expire before doing the name change? Also, on items you crafted does your new name show up or the old?

Thanks in advance.

When you do a name change and have items for sale on the GTN, will they still find your inbox when sold? Or do I need to wait till everything is either sold or expire before doing the name change? Also, on items you crafted does your new name show up or the old?

Thanks in advance.

You should still get the mail if someone buys it. I would assume it would show the name you had when you crafted it but it might update.

Well I ask because I have about a million credits outstanding on the GTN at the moment, and I only have about 1.4 million in total having just started on the server less than a month ago I'd hate to have it get eaten in that type of a glitch.

But thanks for the info. Happy Hunting.

I don't know about the GTN issues, but I had several characters get their names changed when BW did server consolidations about a year ago. Crafted items did NOT get the names on them changed to the crafters' new names. The names got replaced with some goofball line about how the maker's name was removed from it. Edited by Adric_the_Red

Well now that I did the name change I can say a few things about this. A. you don't lose any connection to your mail, which is great and was my biggest concern... B. the seller name on the GTN stays that of the name that posted it originally, so if you had stuff under one name, change names, the new name is on you and any added sales from that point on, but the other stuff essentially looks like it's another seller. C. Crafted items keep the name you had at the time you crafted the item, it's not dynamic.

Thanks all, happy hunting.