To Much Crowd Control

PlagaNerezza

I think the game has way to much CC. It is what will eventually cause me to leave an otherwise great game. I think part of the problem is some CC effects like Force Choke are not subject to the resolve system. All forms of CC need to be effected by the immunity system whatever that immunity system is. As a player getting CC put on me I don't care if its a cool class effect or a normal stun/mez all I care about is that I can't play my character till it expires.

I think the game has way to much CC. It is what will eventually cause me to leave an otherwise great game. I think part of the problem is some CC effects like Force Choke are not subject to the resolve system. All forms of CC need to be effected by the immunity system whatever that immunity system is. As a player getting CC put on me I don't care if its a cool class effect or a normal stun/mez all I care about is that I can't play my character till it expires.

Force Choke is the most vulnerable CC in the game. Not only is it indeed stopped by resolve, it is also stopped by an interrupt. In fact Force Choking someone with full resolve puts you drastically behind because it's like you stun yourself for 3 seconds instead of the other way around.

Why is it every time someone tries to have a discussion on the quantity of cc some noob always trots out the old " "resolve is working fine" comment when that is not what is being discussed the OP is not complaining about getting stun locked by a team of operatives for 5 minutes without relief what he is say is there is too much cc.

In a game that has pvp designed in such a way that you are always fighting in confined areas vs numerous opponents there is far too much cc which makes the game frustrating to play. Its got nothing to do with resolve its got everything to do with watching your character stumble around without you being able to do anything for large periods of each warzone.

CC should be targeted, I don't mind if I am fighting someone and he uses a form of snare stun etc on me. I do hate constantly getting hit by ridiculous AOE cc that gets spammed by people who don't even know you are anywhere near them.

CC is on too short a CD, it takes the skill out of using CC because you may as well spam it as soon as it gets off cd because you will have it up again by the time you face the next opponent.

Too many classes have cc that gets applied without them needing to even do anything other than their dps rotation.....If you are saying the use of cc is a skill then you should have to at least press a button to apply it.

Overall I feel there is too much cc which has completely taken the skill out of using it. It makes classes that depend on cc as defensive cds hard to play because almost every opponent has a full resolve bar and the decision to use cc is no longer a relevant one.

It feel like the cc was designed for a 2 vs 2 arena system not an 7 vs 7 zerg fest which is what most wzs descend into

Why is it every time someone tries to have a discussion on the quantity of cc some noob always trots out the old " "resolve is working fine" comment when that is not what is being discussed the OP is not complaining about getting stun locked by a team of operatives for 5 minutes without relief what he is say is there is too much cc.

In a game that has pvp designed in such a way that you are always fighting in confined areas vs numerous opponents there is far too much cc which makes the game frustrating to play. Its got nothing to do with resolve its got everything to do with watching your character stumble around without you being able to do anything for large periods of each warzone.

CC should be targeted, I don't mind if I am fighting someone and he uses a form of snare stun etc on me. I do hate constantly getting hit by ridiculous AOE cc that gets spammed by people who don't even know you are anywhere near them.

CC is on too short a CD, it takes the skill out of using CC because you may as well spam it as soon as it gets off cd because you will have it up again by the time you face the next opponent.

Too many classes have cc that gets applied without them needing to even do anything other than their dps rotation.....If you are saying the use of cc is a skill then you should have to at least press a button to apply it.

Overall I feel there is too much cc which has completely taken the skill out of using it. It makes classes that depend on cc as defensive cds hard to play because almost every opponent has a full resolve bar and the decision to use cc is no longer a relevant one.

It feel like the cc was designed for a 2 vs 2 arena system not an 7 vs 7 zerg fest which is what most wzs descend into

I do think it's kind of stupid if you just have a bunch of guys randomly hitting AE mezes that can totally mess your team up and the enemy might not even be coordinated. In a large fight it's almost certain that hitting an AE mez will lead to something good happening. While it's easy to say 'don't fight in a crowd', some classes don't have a choice and some maps tend to funnel you into such situations (Novare Coast before the untargetable cap exploit comes to mind).

I really don't think it's fair I get AE mezzed for 6 seconds against a guy who is almost certainly just pushing that button because it seems like a good button to press. Again, this isn't about skill. I see plenty of team that simply operates under the "If everyone uses their AE mez/blind something good must happen", and that's generally true 99% of the time even with zero coordination.

• 1 month later...

An idea to help mitigate some of the excessive Crowd Control (CC) in this game could be immunity timers on shared CC's. Meaning, after you are released from the form of CC, there is a 5 second immunity from that same class of CC. Grouping the class of CC's together (does not matter where the CC came from i.e. class or faction) as follows: snares in one group, roots in another, silence is another, character loss of control (force choke/whirlwind/force lift, etc.). You get the picture. From a PVE perspective, it does not really effect game play. From a PVP perspective, it would greatly increase the skill level required to play so as to not one person is soley relying on the spam CC ability.

I cannot tell you how many times that i have been CC'd to death BEFORE the "resolve system" kicks in. Earlier tonight, for example, CC'd 5 times in a row before getting resolve immunity. If these changes does not make sense then, perhaps, increase the resolve that the CC abilities do so the reolve caps earlier and reduce the cooldown (CD) of the ONLY ability that we have to get out of the CC by 1 minute. Two (2) minutes is far too long to have that ability on CD.

• 1 year later...
3 electrocutes from 3 assns. full duration stun on all 3. how is this not broken? yes i know dead thread.. dead *********** bioware responding to pvpers and CC.

I'm 99% done downloading the latest Wow client. On the other hand: GSF = no cc at all. If that wasn't a completely detached mini-game maybe it would have inspired me to stick around for another couple months.

I'm 99% done downloading the latest Wow client. On the other hand: GSF = no cc at all. If that wasn't a completely detached mini-game maybe it would have inspired me to stick around for another couple months.

Lol I just resubbed to wow recently after a 2year break you think swtor has bad cc issues lol enjoy wow

Health pools are insane and so is the damage and wait for it so is the crowd control you're going to have a hard time dealing with cc in wow if you think swtor is bad for cc

My frost dk does 100k plus obliterates in pvp in the 80-90 bracket

I literally use 3 abilities to drop someone with a health pool of close to 400k

Made me realise with all its flaws swtor is better

Why do people justify swtors cc based on the another game with too much cc? Who cares what is in WoW. There is too much cc in general. Every class has at least 1 instant hard stun and the few that don't have a 6 sec mezz and AoE slows plus a root attached to their gap closer. Around 20% of attacks can be spec'ed into some type of slow. Leg shot, force slow, force wave has a root, sniper kb root, shadow tank AoE slow on slow time, sent and maras can spec a root, ops/scouns spec roots, gunny mandos have a slow on full auto, scorc have a slow on force lightening, oil slick, eng snipers have AoE roots and AoE mezz and kb and single target root, force push, force choke and we can buy nades to add more cc. I do perfectly fine in PvP its just often not very fun.

Lol I just resubbed to wow recently after a 2year break you think swtor has bad cc issues lol enjoy wow

Health pools are insane and so is the damage and wait for it so is the crowd control you're going to have a hard time dealing with cc in wow if you think swtor is bad for cc

List the cc abilities on your frost dk please. There's the grapple (death grip), 2/min and a snare (chains of ice - suffers from dr) and...? And? Compared even with a low cc class in this game that's nothing. Wow has some cc-heavy classes but there was far less cc in general when I played and even the worst cc classes in that game have nothing on a sin with grenades in this one. As for the bigger numbers i don't really care - it seems like they multiply damage/heals/health pools by 3-5 every so often; it's only the ratios that are relevant.

Edited by Savej

• 2 months later...

Dude I have been playing wow for a long time and No ... Just No .. The crowd control in swtor is stupid there is way to much in wow a rogue can stun u for like 6 to 8 sec long and u can still live and Death Knights are no problem to cc with me but in this game i got stunned for 12 sec from 1 person alone thats just straight up stupid this game needs to either remove some cc or lower it down to 1 to 2 sec long cc like wow does

Edited by MisterGhost

the CC should be on the same CD as the break. if you have to know when to use the break and when to eat the CC and the strategy then the crowd control should also have to be strategy. it's lame that you've got one break on a hard 2-minute CD but most classes have at least 2 CC's which are on much shorter CD's so they're about spammable.

The volume of CC (stuns, roots, mez, KBs, movement impairment, etc.) in PvP is the thing I like least about SWTOR... exacerbated by the number of stealthers that can, of course, sneak up on you and CC, stun-lock until yer ded. I'll never play another MMO with this much CC ever again.