Starships, and space missions

Rohkai

Chances are that this has been suggested before, but I figured that I'd bring it up again anyways....

Please allow access to new starships that are customizable via drops, vendors, legacy, and the cartel market. I personally enjoy space missions and spend a lot of time on my ship. I'd love a change of scenery, and some new space missions too. I'd really enjoy an open world zone that was in space with full freedom of movement, as well as, multiple missions in it, but that might be pushing the wish list beyond the envelope.

I doubt that we will get any new Player Ships because how exactly would you propose Players be able to change between them, not to mention they would have to design each so that each Companion has a spot on them.

I am not a programmer, so the logistics of companion placement seem like it would be simple, but the reality of it may not. As far as switching ships, it would seem that if you are not in a ship that you could select a ship from your hanger and make it your "active" ship. Seems simple enough. Now is it worth the money to do it? I don't know, but I would spend $ in the cartel market for a new ship.

This is a cool idea. I agree that new star ships that you travel around in on a regular basis might be a real development pain but what if you had personal star fighters for a new war zone type action/event? This could be a lot of fun to create those legendary space battles that we fell in love with during the movies.

Having personal star fighters would be a great way to bring in the X-Wing vs Tie Fighter feel even if it was still using the simple controls that space missions already have, just not on a single, preset track.

I hadn't even thought about fighters. That opens up a whole lot of possibilities. I would love to get away from the preset track that we currently have. The fighters could be launched from your guild's star cruiser or capital ship. If there was an open environment WZ in a space setting we might win over some players from Eve.... Maybe

The idea that I had for how they could introduce new ships is if there were a class mission that every class runs where they're in a space convoy or something and they get ambushed and the ship is destroyed and they have to use the escape pod in the ship. Then the player would be introduced to the option of purchasing a new starship. all the old ones would be available for purchase again. If you wanted the same ship again it would cost little or nothing to replace, but if you wanted say The Fury on your Bounty Hunter you'd have to pay extra. Then they could also introduce, say 4 new ship designs that would be available to every class and both factions.

I've always liked the idea of being able to decorate the inside of you ship too. Like having something for your achievements, or maybe some art on the walls.

How about unlocking the other player ships through legacy for other characters... Captured ships as it were... Like the sith Fury for Jedi? replace the red lights with blue, and replace any imp symbols with Republic ones.

Also would like to see respective faction's fighter craft made available for us to use during missions...

Edited by SladeRenegade

How about unlocking the other player ships through legacy for other characters... Captured ships as it were... Like the sith Fury for Jedi? replace the red lights with blue, and replace any imp symbols with Republic ones.

Also would like to see respective faction's fighter craft made available for us to use during missions...

I'd be rockin' the agent ship on every toon.

I think people would pay a lot of money on Cartel Coins to purchase ships. If they added customization to ships, and put customization items on the Cartel Market, I think people would spent a ton of Coins for those items, too.

I am very sure that they would. I know I would... But then again I'm dropping g $20-$40 a week in there anyways..... Don't say it.... I know.... Just don't say it..... :eek: