RE Query - Is the % chance bugged.

Pantho

So, it's been showing a 20% chance to learn a new recipe. And I get how an rng works etc and 'sods' law.

However, I've had 6 items upgrade so far through RE, however these are how many attempts it took me.

Currently im reverse engineering a hilt, I'm on attempt 13 and it's only a green. This is really not showing a 20% curve at all, is there a bug here or am I extremely unlucky.

Searching only shows up a bug from Feb 2012, to which I'd assume was fixed by now...

-edit

18 now for the Resolve Hilt 5 green one, it's getting to a bit of a joke. If I don't get it on this one it would be 2% or less rather than 20% for this hilt.

Edit2: Yep, 20 and nada. Out of mats so I'll go to bed for now.

Edited by Pantho

Perfectly possible within the realm of probabilities.

There's a chance someone will do 1 million RE's and not get a single schematic. A low chance but possible.

Indeed possible but unlikely to affect me so much when friends I'm playing with in other trades have had no such issues.

27 finally btw, for the Resolve Hilt 5. I really do get possibilities but this is getting very unlikely.

-edit

I was told F2P players have vastly reduced RE chances, maybe I'm still getting those negations. I created the character as F2P because the Billing system was down for a few hours, I subscribed when I was around level 5. Feasible?

To restate, I could understand with 1 item but for all my items to be so unlucky is getting more and more unlikely.

Edited by Pantho

Right now, the whole crafting system is crap^^

it has nothing, i repeat: nothing to do with skill! - it's simply a matter of luck if u get a better blueprint or not.

MMO's are build upon it's "reward-mechanic", but i can't see any reward in losing 30-40 blue items without getting my artifact blueprint-"reward".

This system is only good for frustration moments, it simply suxx

But that's just me ;)

W

Edited by Wolvereen

Is it frustration? While I agree it is however I can see why it is set this way. It makes player work for their gear. Since player can queue up their companions to craft the item during offline, all players need are spend time gather resource. It also prevent artifice level gear over floored.

While it is frustration, imo it is slightly better than SWG as I need to gather best material than use experiment points try to craft the best gear while there is chance my experiment backfire and waste material.