races you DONT want playable

saiyanjedidmv

gungans[were not even found until about 1000 years before the events of Episode 1].

Not true at all, Naboo is in this game (mentioned) , and Gungan's are known of now.

Though I do agree on not wanting them as PC's. Ewoks wont be, thats a given as Endor isn't discovered.

I don't want Cathar unless they fix the model and give them freaking MANES like they are suppose to have.

/shrug

If I don't like a race/species for my character for whatever reason, I just don't use it. Someone will find it suiting.

+1 on this

I would like to see Wookies, agree that Jawas or Gungans would be ridiculous, Gammoreans have always been portrayed as far too unintelligent/brutish to be considered actual heroes or villains, maybe a Gammorean companion might be cool...

As far as the Yoda species goes, there's a huge problem to overcome first, GL doesn't/didn't want the species named, you have to have a name for it before you can select it... so until he changes his mind, that's completely out no matter who wants it...

Regardless, if all races were available, I would play those that I liked and be amused by the choices of others...

I think we have enough playable species already.

Even now I think Empire classes should be more restrictive. Agent should only be able to pick human (anything else doesn't make sense, yes even Chiss doesn't make sense, they are allies to the Empire but there is no way they would let a non-human in II structure). Warrior should be confined to Human and Sith. Inquisitor should be confined to Human and Sith (for the obvious storyline reason, ancestry). While Bounty Hunter is okay as it is.

WRONG. The Empire (The Galactic, and this one) chooses Chiss because they are inherently secretive, stealthy, and intelligent. Their heirarchy is similar to the Sith Empire in structure, and they devote their alliance to the Sith Empire. There is no reason the Sith would not accept Chiss. Not to mention the red eyes bring fear into many a galactic citizen.

Because it's story based, there are plenty I would not want to see:

Trandoshans, Wookies, Ewoks, Sand People, Jawas, Droids...

On just the idea of dialogue alone I would go crazy hearing nothing but a Trandoshans language (think Qyzen) or a Wookie garbling his delivery. It would drive me nuts lol.

However, I think ALL of those races should be playable to some extent. Maybe as a companion character in much the same way they did KoToR. This is a big game and could be bigger with so many different races to play.

All I want to play tho is Togruta!

/shrug

If I don't like a race/species for my character for whatever reason, I just don't use it. Someone will find it suiting.

Normally I'd agree. However I believe the Devs had said that future races being introduced will depend on the success of the Cathar. So they've essentially said that if we want even the possibility of a race we do like in the future, we need to pay for one we have no interest in.

I think we have enough playable species already.

Even now I think Empire classes should be more restrictive. Agent should only be able to pick human (anything else doesn't make sense, yes even Chiss doesn't make sense, they are allies to the Empire but there is no way they would let a non-human in II structure). Warrior should be confined to Human and Sith. Inquisitor should be confined to Human and Sith (for the obvious storyline reason, ancestry). While Bounty Hunter is okay as it is.

I'd disagree, the EU abounds with examples of aliens becoming powerful Sith or rising to other high posts. The Empire is institutionally racist yes, however an individual who demonstrates extraordinary talent/power (which by definition our characters do) can break those barriers. They might not ever be truly accepted in the Empire, but whatever they might say behind your back people are still going to bow down before your Twi'Lek Sith Lord, or cooperate with your Mirialan Imperial Intelligence operative.