Good Job SWTOR

btsager

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who else got TOR tats?

Half their team, before they got fired.

So? 5-6 years of their lives together, passionately working on something. Something to remember perhaps? So what if some of them quit or got laid off? They had a good time probably, and wanted to print down a memory.

The thing is they just don't quite follow through.

Bugs come back, they don't fix long term bugs, ignore other issues facing large groups of players (APAC server pop, crash to desktop)

1.5 - 6 hours working with 3 PCs all previously working to get the game patched and working

2 different bugs on HK quest submitted to support with no reply after 3 days (have done more than all the work, still no HK) I don't have unrealistic expectations. They need to improve a lot to be doing a good job. Then again, title isn't "great" or "awesome" so maybe just "good" isn't that far off.

For those who were around, consider the game when it first launched.

Now consider the current state of the game.

Personally, I see a marked improvemet and I like it. Look back at some of the original player videos from the game in it's first couple months. It's amazing how much better the game looks now.

There will always be bugs. While I wish it wasn't so, I believe that is just a fact of MMO gaming. That said, I accept and like the current state of the game. Hope it keeps getting better.

PS. The class stories so far have been very nice. More pls.

Personally, I see a marked improvemet and I like it. Look back at some of the original player videos from the game in it's first couple months. It's amazing how much better the game looks now.

There will always be bugs. While I wish it wasn't so, I believe that is just a fact of MMO gaming. That said, I accept and like the current state of the game. Hope it keeps getting better.

I agree, everytime they add new stuff it really makes it a lot of fun and adds more to the game. I'm still glad they are growing the story as well because some of these alien races were unknown to me but they let us in on more Gree lore, which was a nice touch.

Keep it up Bioware!

Just add same-sex romance, barber shop, and party cookies please.

I have to agree with the OP. I started out as a doomsayer early on. During Beta I made a post explaining why I thought SWTOR would be free to play in 2 years. Turns out it was only in one but back then other posters laughed and cursed me out. I wish I could see them today and say nananana I told you so.

Anyways looking at the game now I see a lot of good things and I predict swtor will only get better.

BUT there is one set of changes I would really like to see which are atmospheric changes. Weather, day and night, critters all over the place, more plant variety. I was playing assassins creed 3 yesterday and I was amazed by the little things. When you are walking through Boston you'll see little kids running around, dogs running around barking and you can stop to pet it. The streets are littered with trash. That game makes you feel like you're in a living, breathing city.

Now compare that to swtor...everything looks clean and empty. Even the dirt looks clean. My feeling is that it would add a lot of load unto computers so they should do at least some of the things and have the option to turn them off.

I agree.

The state of the game is progressing nicely.

Of course, there will always be a few malcontents barking in the forums about anything and everything... just because they can.

Gotta say I really enjoy this game, Been a fan for years. The Lead up, The Beta, and a few months after on and off. I'll pay to play this game as long as I still enjoy it... and I do. As long as the population stays up I'm fine with the F2P gang! They will be the ones to save this game.......BUT! Please oh pretty please, Stop the grass from growing in front of my feet. That's all my lousy 15 bucks wants, really! I swear! Its breaking my soul to have a GTX 680, and still have to put up with things like this. Invent a small slider in the options to have the draw distance go so far that I can see it on my fiancés computer if I want to, It should be the "PC" users choice! Its almost 2013. Get the Devs around a big fat Empire shaped table, take a very... very, deep breath, and have them all say it out aloud "Its almost 2013, Small immersion breaking problems will not occur in our game" Then smack each one on the bum, and say this! will! not! happen! again! .....got it!

But hey! nice job Bioware! I'm still a fan!

I too want to say good job to the Dev team. This game has been far and away my favorite game to play in a long time, I will continue to be a sub for the foreseeable future. I tried going back to WoW with the MoP xpac, but I just kept being drawn back to SWTOR. Some one earlier mentioned Space combat and I too would like to see space combat in some form of SWG style. I have a PC that was able to handle the mission is SWG but the rail system doesn't allow for maneuvering effectively esp. in an asteroid field or dodging turbolasers.

Thanks again for the awesome game and keep it up.

I just wanted to say how good of a job the DEV's are doing with this game. I am sure you all did not want to have to make the game free to play, but the way you are doing it is a good format. The Lord of the Rings online did the same thing and they have continued to have success and be able to keep their game going. It is unfortunate that there are not as many people playing this game as we would all like. But maybe going ftp will help.

You guys are releasing substantial game content on a much faster pace that I would have thought, and faster then most other games do.

The only thing that is still a downer for me is the lack of a good space combat game. I hope that you guys are working on something similar to the space combat that SWG did. Even if I have to wait another year, I hope that it is at least in the works for future expansions.

Don't let the Haters get you down, and keep up the good work.

I just wanna know where the "Substantial" content is exactly? Still got the same 4 Warzones for months now and wow a new daily hub... Whooptie doo Come on BW release more Ops content that tons of players never get to do XD

Yes good job guys!! Followed SWTOR from the first rumor, through beta and was there at launch. Took a break from the game but have returned with a new found love for the game. Keep it up! Can't wait to see what the future holds!

I still dont see what they have fixed, its still not functionaly equal to their competition, they still have some weird phobia about combat windows and a macro system. I admit they are heading in the right direction, atleast they figured out they needed a group finder and they are very slowly moving towards making it functional with gear and role checks. But releasing this f2p thing before the game was up to par with their competition was another move that just makes me seriously doubt the people behind the decision making on this game.

I want to add to the positive sentiment here! Like a lot!

I am on an Oceanic server, and contrary to all the naysayers in that other thread, I am very happy with our servers. I love the game, I love the new stuff. From what I can tell, the whole thing just seems to be focused on one thing and one thing alone, cue times for FP's. If it doesn't happen instantly, then it must be bad population!

I suppose I am just worried that bad things will happen like merging with a US server, of which the latency is a killer, or making all the aggressive PVP players in that other thread come onto my server and bring all their aggressive behavior with them! Whatever you decide to do Bioware (of which I am of the mind you have no winning choice here, either way someone gets screwed) I just hope it doesn't effect the players on say Dalborra, who are actually happy and content.

I was just about to say how nice it was to see a positive thread rather than the massive trolling and anger. It is one thing to voice your concerns about the way the game works for you, but I would also like to have people be able to express the good things they feel about the game without getting spit on or insulted. Thanks to the OP and thanks to those who have been 'mostly' civil in this thread.

I am really enjoying the game again and it is still feeling pretty good to me.

You people really have very low expectations.

The devs in the game should have been fired a long time ago.

Release buggy Cash shop where you will be giving no refunds then go on a week vacation.

Who does that? What company that is not about to put this game on autopilot does that?

None.

Devs should have been putting in 12 hour shifts since the 1.5 patch and cash shop to make sure it was working flawlessly...they have no room for error...their jobs literally are on the hook.

Nah, we need a breather and pat on the back.

Enjoy the unemployment line, I hear game programmers is a much sought after position....hahahah.