Theoretika Quest was amazing

Injudicator

I've enjoyed all the new content, the HK quest line, the heoric 4 man Long Shots, etc.

The HK quest reminded me why I like Bioware based games, there was a sense of mystery and spookyness to the ship, I was waiitng fr some alien to pop out of box or see someone getting dragged off screaming at you for help, that would have been the icing on the cake for me.

I hope to see more of this from the future updates.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I believe that a developer had once said that the quests on Makeb will be more puzzle-like. If that means it's going to be more like the theoretika quest then I can not wait for Makeb to come out.

Good job Bioware. I beg you to keep making quests like these, it makes the game so much more interesting.

Oh yeah, loved the first levels of KOTOR 2. Later the inconsistencies and load of content missing disappointed me a bit, but now that the Sith Lords Restoration project is complete KOTOR should be insanely better. If only we get more missions like this it will be great :)

I think you mean The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod? TSLRP was abandoned a long time ago...

+1 to this... twas like KOTOR again. Cant remember the last time I had that much fun on SWTOR :)

the mood was so eery n intimidating and it felt really well done. I did it with 3 other people who had never done it n never read a walkthrough. Simply awesome!! Love the bit about getting trapped in the room with no air/light

Bioware should stick to doing what Bioware does best!

This mission was really fantastic! It took me first time about an hour, but it was most enjoyable spent moments in last few months. Why are not more missions designed like this? Or at least the class ones. The idea that I don't know on which item I should click, or where to find some parts is simply awesome. Sadly all other quests in ToR are just kill dozens of enemies, pick up their waste and return. Eventually all interactive objects are blue-highlighted, so you just can't miss them. Not in Theoretika! :)

And the H4 Aurora Cannon mission in Section X has really cool mechanics. Even though it is not hard at all, you have to be with three other guys in party to complete it. Nice change in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...
Just to be sure--are we talking about the quest where you go to the deserted ship and run around clicking on glowies?

Yeah, but you don't *know* its deserted. You keep expecting Rakghouls to pop out of places or the dead bodies to reanimate or some droids to attack you or a little girl in a dress to appear.

It captured an atmosphere that was fresh and exciting for the game, if not the genre itself.

Edited by RazielHex

It captured an atmosphere that was fresh and exciting for the game, if not the genre itself.

Exactly. If you want to press 7,6,5,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,12,1,2,7,6,5,1,2,1,2 for an hour go play some PVP.

Some of us enjoy storytelling.

- Arcada

Just to be sure--are we talking about the quest where you go to the deserted ship and run around clicking on glowies?

You only run around clicking on glowies if you read a guide first.

When you do it for the first time, and alone at that : it just isn't running around clicking on glowies, it's also being affraid of every dark corner, trying to figure out stuff by yourself because unlike most other quests : everything is hidden and there is nothing on the map to tell you where to look or what to do, apart from clues you actually have to look for and find by yourself.

And YES : that WAS great !

Edited by Shoogli

While I bashed it earlier, I was refering to the update as a whole, which is a major disappointment. I would like to get it in for the record that I'd like to see more quests like the Theoretika as well. Although I would have liked a little more action here and there (maybe just a little combat and not every 3 freaking meters like the rest of the stuff in this game) it was a nice break and quite fun.

When the door slammed shut and the lights went off in that room I was a little starteld (ok, I jumped) because I didn't expect something like that from this game. That room was fun, and the overall creepy suspense was very well done. I almost felt like I was playing resident evil, and I liked it. I would like to see more of this kind of content in the future as well.

However, they really need to fire the guy that designed the dailies in Section X, he sucks at his job.

Edited by bahdasz

• 9 months later...

Only did the Theoretika quest so far, but it was hands down the quest with the most creepy setting I have played in a while. For some reason I got to think about the movie "Event Horizon" because of the whole "ship lost in space" theme it had going on.

I actually found myself a bit uneasy when walking around in there, and a part of me couldnt wait to get out, while the other part just thought it was awesome;).

More of this please BW.

EDIT:

Just to add something about the fact that there are no moobs to fight. I think that just adds to the great setting og the Theoretika. I was constantly ready to get ambushed and on edge. Just shows that you can get to the edge of the seat of your chair just knowing something might happen. Again..great quest.

Edited by Cbaoth