Clarification Requested: Mass Manipulation Generators

Khevar

AmberGreen, I would like to see if you could ask the devs some questions about Mass Manipulation Generators. This material is used to craft grade 30 (Arkanian / Black Market) items, and there is conflicting information bouncing around between players in the game and here in the forums.

The question is: Where do MMGs drop?

I've heard different things from difference people, such as:

1. They have a small chance of dropping in 55 HM FPs.

2. They only drop in 16-man 55 Ops (both SM and HM TfB and SV)

3. They only drop in 8m and 16m HM SV.

4. They drop in both HM TfB and HM SV.

5. They only drop from the last bosses.

6. Etc.

Basically, players are guessing based on their own personal experiences. It would be helpful if we could get official clarification from the developers of where these drop.

A secondary question, which I hope we can get an answer from, is this:

Are there any plans to increase MMG drops?

Currently, they are scarce enough that crafting these grade 30 items is an exercise in futility. We were intending to learn 69 gear to help our raid teams, but based on how rarely these drop, we're all going to be in full 72 long before we have enough material to craft more than a small handful of pieces.

Thank you.

I've yet to see these drop from 8 man story on multiple TFB and S&V runs and not from the first few bosses of TFB HM that I've done. The one place I can confirm they definitely come from is the one-time quest reward for finishing TFB for the first time (then talking to the NPCs outside afterward), as we took some new raiders through TFB SM this weekend and they both got them as a reward. So you're screwed if you've already done this, in other words.

Would also love to know where else they come from and have the drop rate increased.

I've yet to see these drop from 8 man story on multiple TFB and S&V runs and not from the first few bosses of TFB HM that I've done. The one place I can confirm they definitely come from is the one-time quest reward for finishing TFB for the first time (then talking to the NPCs outside afterward), as we took some new raiders through TFB SM this weekend and they both got them as a reward. So you're screwed if you've already done this, in other words.

Would also love to know where else they come from and have the drop rate increased.

I've heard it drops in 16 man story mode, though I don't recall which was mentioned, which I'll hopefully confirm tonight, and I've also seen someone claim to get a bunch using a seeker droid on Alderaan. If those are the only way to get these, 16 man ops and being lucky with a seeker droid, then crafting is even more dead than I thought.

Also cybertech and artifice are still bugged, requiring them for mods and enhancements as well as the barrels/hilts/armorings.

I'm unsure what you mean here. Are you saying that it is a bug that grade 30 items require Mass Manipulation Generators as a crafting material? Because that doesn't sound like a bug to me.

i don't really want to post this, but i uncovered several in a crate i dug up on Makeb using the seeker droid. i was lucky enough to find the 'special item' in the area and it contained Isotope-5 vials and the MMG.

good luck out there guys, ill prolly throw mine on the GTN

I've heard it drops in 16 man story mode, though I don't recall which was mentioned, which I'll hopefully confirm tonight, and I've also seen someone claim to get a bunch using a seeker droid on Alderaan. If those are the only way to get these, 16 man ops and being lucky with a seeker droid, then crafting is even more dead than I thought.

They don't drop from 16 man OPs well at least we didn't get any from TFB 16 man OPs.

But as far as I remember they drop from HM OPs and doesn't matter if it is 8 or 16.

i don't really want to post this, but i uncovered several in a crate i dug up on Makeb using the seeker droid. i was lucky enough to find the 'special item' in the area and it contained Isotope-5 vials and the MMG.

If this true, thank you for sharing it.

As someone who has run55 ops in both 8 and 16 man SM and HM, I can personally confirm the following:

SM ops do not drop MMGs, regarless of 8 or 16 man

8 man HM ops drop 1 MMG from last boss (or might have been 6th boss in S&V, not sure)

16 man HM ops seem to drop 1 MMG from every boss (tested on TFB first 2, got stuck on 3rd due to having to adjust tactics for the MUCH heavier aoe - haven't done S&V 16 man HM yet).

Additionally, a guild mate has confirmed the 2 MMGs from first time TFB clear.

Oh it's true, I may be a Jester but I don't lie. There were 4 in the crate, along with some Isotope-5...I don't mind sharing the info, but it took me 3 seeker boosts and almost an hour to find the 'Special Item' so have fun out there! using it must be a massive pain on PVP servers lol...

They don't drop from 16 man OPs well at least we didn't get any from TFB 16 man OPs.

But as far as I remember they drop from HM OPs and doesn't matter if it is 8 or 16.

I cleared TFB SM 16 man Tuesday night and one dropped off of TFB. I cleared SNV SM 16 man Wednesday night and one dropped off the warlords and another off of Stryak. I don't have enough datapoints to know if these are guaranteed drops, but I do know that they are drops.

Oh it's true, I may be a Jester but I don't lie. There were 4 in the crate, along with some Isotope-5...I don't mind sharing the info, but it took me 3 seeker boosts and almost an hour to find the 'Special Item' so have fun out there! using it must be a massive pain on PVP servers lol...

The worst part is when you do that and find an Enhancement 28 at the end. Stupid seeker droids.

Edited by dinwitt

As someone who has run55 ops in both 8 and 16 man SM and HM, I can personally confirm the following:

SM ops do not drop MMGs, regarless of 8 or 16 man

8 man HM ops drop 1 MMG from last boss (or might have been 6th boss in S&V, not sure)

16 man HM ops seem to drop 1 MMG from every boss (tested on TFB first 2, got stuck on 3rd due to having to adjust tactics for the MUCH heavier aoe - haven't done S&V 16 man HM yet).

Additionally, a guild mate has confirmed the 2 MMGs from first time TFB clear.

I have to revise that, one did just drop from last boss in TFB SM 16 man

The chances of finding a box like that has to be rare, very rare. I've been farming seeker spots (almost full dreadseed gear) and I've found plenty of 'special items' as well... I mean plenty. I've only come across one box with comms in there. That box you found was one hell of a find. Don't count on that box being found often.

I can confirm this. Got 4 MMGs and 1 I5 vial out of a "special item" at Outlaw's Den.

I want to confirm that 16 man SnV HM drops 1 MMG from the first two bosses. Later bosses may drop more, will add to this topic when we get there if no one has confirmed it by then.