Enrage Timers Need to Go

If you are working on a fight for 8-10 minutes then you are probably not geared for the encounter or running 3 healers 1 tank and therefore should hit a enrage.

But giving 2 dps 1 tank and 1 healer 8-10 minutes to finish a single fight would ensure victory as long as you had people able to avoid mechanics and heal through tough encounters.

Yes, I think enrage timers are silly if they aren't supported by any kind of fluff relevant to the encounter. It just feels way too much like you're not heroic but getting through an encounter on luck alone - if there's no relevant plot/fluff reason for the boss to just take stuff and _not_ unload on your *** with everything he has right off the bat it's cheap.

In all, cheap, tedius, annoying and distinctly un-epic. Just shift it from a ridiculous self-buff to summoning masses of adds or something similar. It would certainly be less of a strain on suspension of disbelief.

well I feel heroic after I killed a boss that took skill and dedication and not LOLpewpew afk through it like the rest of the normal mode. The moment your heart gets pumped, you know it's heroic, not just the stuf hapening in the background (which I absolutely love the background atmosphere). The luck part of the encounter must've been bug, and I think bioware is fixing. The game is one week old, give it a break.

This thread is ridiculous, Rage timers NEED to be there, there is NO reason why they need to go, it forced the DPS to preform, it adds skill to DPS, without enrage timers, DPS would simply be things that sit there and hit buttons

Tanks need to keep aggro

Healers need to keep people alive

DPS need to beat the enrage timer

adding new mechanic is a plus, but enrage timer is still needed to weed out the lazy ones.

they can change the enrage timer from increase damage taken to something else like an enrage mechanic where if you don't kill x boss within 6 min, random stuff is gonna overwhelm everyone gradually and eventually wipe the group.

I like enrages, but not all bosses should have it set so low. Designed enrages are the way to go. By this I mean, Either player or boss gets stacks of buff/debuff before as fight progresses, different trigger abilities and such.

Really if the encounter is designed good, there's need for very few enrages.

BUT, I agree with all boss, ALL, having an enrage at more than reasonable time for regular encounters. Hard and nightmare, put them in as a gearcheck, absolutely.

A boss without any dps requirement will just never ever feel like an epic struggle, just because you can easily just cheese it. Does it have to be a hard "you kill him in 10 minutes or die" mechanic ? No. But even with a soft enrage mechanic you still pretty much get the same result.

Tbh, it just seems like the OP doesn't like how short they are in this game. However that's a much deeper issue than you'd imagine. At the moment certain classes in this game just can't sustain interesting gamplay for long stretches of time. Almost every single fight in EV has long stretches of down-time for the diminshing return resource classes to reset. Sure, they could just make more of these non-action mechanics, but they are already repeated a few times in each fight and coming up with new ways of doing something interesting while not fighting isn't very simple.

PLEA TO THE DEVS! Do not do like every other mmo and nerf everything to hell because the bads wanna QQ! The bads and casuals are not your life long subscribers. Also, dps class doesn't need to exist and heal and tank are the only classes that matter? There seems to be ALOT of people playing DPS that would not agree. Enrage timers aren't going anywhere, pick up your deeps.

I remember before this game came out, they were talking about how ops would be these epic battles or whatever. Having an encounter with a 5 or 6 minute enrage timer doesn't make it feel very epic. It would be one thing if 1 or 2 encounters had this, but every single boss in both ops and heroic flashpoints have some sort of enrage time.

The last encounter in EV has an enrage time of about 5:30 or 6 minutes. That's just silly to me. Thinking back to other MMO's, the final boss in a raid would be this long encounter which lasts 10-20 minutes.

Enrage timers seem like a easy way to make something difficult, without really spending the time to make the actual encounter hard. For example, if they would make SoA spawn more balls in phase 3 (every minute he adds 1 more ball to deal with) that's better then this hard enrage timer.

The way i see your post goes like this: Hi IM a bad player i cant dps the way im supposed to and i need to make the fight easier causse im bad.

This is exactly the kind of people that ruined wow with all the qqing.

i agree with op.

Dps is a glorified role that doesn't really need to exist. Tanks and healers are the only classes that really matter for operations anyway. Removing the enrage timers will remove the arbitrary dps requirement and allow groups to focus exclusively on the roles that really matter.

10/10 gj!