When will you address Operative stun?

Dawginole

LOL at all the "l2p" noobs.

The game is paper, rock, scissors right now. Operative is the rock to Sentinels scissors. If an Op comes out of stealth and knocks me down and has taken 50% of my life by the time I stand up at which point the Op does the back stab stun and then proceeds to knock the other 50% off and I'm dead, EXACTLY WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO IN YOUR LEARN TO PLAY SCENARIO?

Of course you're going to say stun break. But the other 15 noobs in this thread already stated that you don't stun break until your resolve bar is full.

i.e. All of you saying this doesn't happen are full of crap.

Still sounds like a learn to play issue. .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is not one stun, at least not strictly speaking. The Knock Down takes you out for 1 GCD in which the Op uses a Backstab (stun break should not be used here), this is then immediately followed with a 4s hard stun (which leads to full resolve) which is 2 GCD's max. This should be broken and contra stunned. If breaker on cd, contra stun as soon as it wears off, if you try to run away, they will only use their slow which is also a 2s snare (another GCD), as you are getting further away it is just a simple question of Explosive Probe + Frag.

But, screw any part of this opener up or have no crits and the Op is a sitting duck as the Shiv/Lacerate combos are fairly lackluster and can be kited pretty well, beyond 4m Op damage is pathetic. And if they Scamper when you kite them they will be gimping themselves even further.

Assasins on the other hand still have a few tricks left when you get some distance in between. In fact stun locks are pretty much the only way Concealment Ops can even do anything.

The game is paper, rock, scissors right now. Operative is the rock to Sentinels scissors. If an Op comes out of stealth and knocks me down and has taken 50% of my life by the time I stand up at which point the Op does the back stab stun and then proceeds to knock the other 50% off and I'm dead, EXACTLY WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO IN YOUR LEARN TO PLAY SCENARIO?

Of course you're going to say stun break. But the other 15 noobs in this thread already stated that you don't stun break until your resolve bar is full.

Two L2P points out of this:

- As a sentinel you probably shouldn't be sologuarding, an operative popping out of stealth is bound to have an advantage, because otherwise they have none.

- If the operative does the rotation as you say, you will have full resolve after 1.5 seconds and then proceed to destroy the operative. Also, did I mention defensive cooldowns? Operatives practically have none.

Each class has it's kryptonite class. While we are theirs, it's not impossible for a good sent/mara to turn it around on us with some of their CD's.

Just gotta figure it out... I can tell you - from personal experience, it can happen.

You increased damage in wz's in 2.0 by 60%

Stopped reading here, the biggest smash in 1.4 was somewhere around 13k and the current biggest recorded smashes are...you guessed it, 13k. Meanwhile, total health HAS gone up around 50%.

/thread

Edited by JP_Legatus

You stand up after 1.5 seconds. At this point, the op has applied one Hidden Strike and one Acid Blade to you. If that amounts to 50% of your health, the problem isn't the operative. In that case, the problem is you running around with 18k HP in a warzone.

to you guys saying use stun break, l2p yourselves and post something

that just doesnt insult the original poster !

l2p without stuning like crazy and lagging the hell out of the player to be able

to actually get a kill!

You might think youre amazing but actually youre just lagging and stunning the hell out of someone and stack alacrity crap..

bla bla if you are so god darn smart,

you should at least remember the stun break has 2 a minute cooldown...

how many stuns or ccs do you actually get to break in a full pvp match .. 2-3

you get stuned about everytime your resolve bar is down almost..

do your math smart l2p troll

stuns need to go point from pvp .. worst thing to add in pvp ever.

im in there to pvp not stand there and watch some losers slap around people who cant do anything

with some cheapo stuns

the proper moment you should use your stun breaker isnt some cloaker player being a pain,

its when you get stuned defending and there trying to cloak cap,you guys talk as if these are duels?

Edited by ODTONE

l2p without stuning like crazy and lagging the hell out of the player to be able

to actually get a kill!

You might think youre amazing but actually youre just lagging and stunning the hell out of someone and stack alacrity crap..

im in there to pvp not stand there and watch some losers slap around people who cant do anything

with some cheapo stuns

the proper moment you should use your stun breaker isnt some cloaker player being a pain,

its when you get stuned defending and there trying to cloak cap,you guys talk as if these are duels?

Learn some proper sentence structure ffs.

Then L2P.

It ain't the stuns, it's all the damage. They seriously need to nerf operative damage. I mean, seriously. Do they really need all that armor penetration. I'd much rather see them have an auto-crit. Get rid of the armor pen and give them an auto-crit!!!

Acid Blade -> Hidden Strike

Explosive Probe

Debilitate

Shiv

Acid Blade -> Back Stab

Lacerate + Collateral Damage

Force Cloak -> Hidden Strike

(u dead)

It ain't the stuns, it's all the damage. They seriously need to nerf operative damage. I mean, seriously. Do they really need all that armor penetration. I'd much rather see them have an auto-crit. Get rid of the armor pen and give them an auto-crit!!!

Explosive Probe

Debilitate

Shiv

Acid Blade -> Back Stab

(u dead)

Yup, you can probably kill someone with that. And it only took you about 11 seconds of undisturbed 1on1 time with your enemy, who didn't fight back AT ALL. Also, you blew a 30 second and a 90 second cooldown in the process, oh, and you're out of energy.

Oh, and the target is only stunned for half that time. If the CC breaker is ready, it's actually just 1.5 seconds. Sooo... if you're alone and run into an operative, while all of your CDs are blown and all of his are ready, things look a bit grim. More news at 5.

Explosive Probe

Debilitate

Shiv

Acid Blade -> Back Stab

(u dead)

How exactly do you fit 11 GCD's in 1 stunlock?

Do they really need all that armor penetration. )

All that armor penetration???

You mean the 30% armor penetration we get from flechette round? That we can only apply when using Shoot first or back blast? You do realize that smashers get a 30% armor penetration talent that isn't a debuff like ours is, but a blanket armor penetration to all abilities while in shi chi form.

To the OP and all the QQ; learn when to use your CC breaker, don't just use it whenever its off CD and you get stunned. Don't blow all your defensive CD's in the first 10 seconds of a fight, save some of them for later. Also, if you are alone and running around away from your group, expect to get jumped. Learn how to counter a class rather than just come to the forums crying

to actually get a kill!

with some cheapo stuns

My math isn't excellent by any means, but seeing as most matches go 10-15 minutes and you are "always full resolve", that would give you 5-7 break opportunities throughout the warzone.

Let me address Operative stun.

Me: Operative stun, are you absolutely fine, and only whined about by people who can't handle the weakest DPS class in PvP?

Operative stun: Yup, yessiree.

Me: Cool, that's settled then.

Operative stun: sure is.

I think you'll agree that Operative stun is plainly a polite, well-brought up ability and undeserving of nerfs. Are there any other abilities you'd like me to address?

Let me address Operative stun.

Me: Operative stun, are you absolutely fine, and only whined about by people who can't handle the weakest DPS class in PvP?

Operative stun: Yup, yessiree.

Me: Cool, that's settled then.

Operative stun: sure is.

I think you'll agree that Operative stun is plainly a polite, well-brought up ability and undeserving of nerfs. Are there any other abilities you'd like me to address?

Well, that settles it.... from the stun himself. This really can not be argued any further, surprisingly polite and well mannered stun is working as intended.

All that armor penetration???

You mean the 30% armor penetration we get from flechette round? That we can only apply when using Shoot first or back blast? You do realize that smashers get a 30% armor penetration talent that isn't a debuff like ours is, but a blanket armor penetration to all abilities while in shi chi form.

To the OP and all the QQ; learn when to use your CC breaker, don't just use it whenever its off CD and you get stunned. Don't blow all your defensive CD's in the first 10 seconds of a fight, save some of them for later. Also, if you are alone and running around away from your group, expect to get jumped. Learn how to counter a class rather than just come to the forums crying

Way too much armor pen. An auto-crit would be much better.

Yup, you can probably kill someone with that. And it only took you about 11 seconds of undisturbed 1on1 time with your enemy, who didn't fight back AT ALL. Also, you blew a 30 second and a 90 second cooldown in the process, oh, and you're out of energy.

Oh, and the target is only stunned for half that time. If the CC breaker is ready, it's actually just 1.5 seconds. Sooo... if you're alone and run into an operative, while all of your CDs are blown and all of his are ready, things look a bit grim. More news at 5.

I'll blow both my cooldowns and you'll be sitting in spawn while i'm capping your node. WHAT GOOD ARE THOSE COOLDOWNS WHEN YOU'RE IN SPAWN, HUH?

Honestly, when it comes down to it, the operative is a nasty 1v1 class that can kick nearly everyone's *** if they crit.

This game takes very little skill. It's not even a l2p issue. It's a get lucky/deal with it issue.

Way too much armor pen. An auto-crit would be much better.

So our 30% armor penetration is way too much... BUT the 30% that smashers get is fine... and they also get the auto crit on smash/sweep...

Go home logic, you're drunk.

Edited by Keyran-Halcyon

How exactly do you fit 11 GCD's in 1 stunlock?

Well, his rotation was

Acid Blade -> Hidden Strike === At this point, you've been knocked down for 1.5s.

Explosive Probe === Stun wears off. Opponent can use 1 move.

Debilitate ===== Stunned.

Shiv ==== Stunned.

Acid Blade -> Back Stab === Stun wears off into this GCD. Opponent can use 1 move.

Lacerate + Collateral Damage === Opponent can use 1 move.

Force Cloak -> Hidden Strike === Not stunned, but cannot attack. Same difference, when you think about it.

The poster of this rotation was indeed right, this rotation is extremely deadly. I'm an operative, but I'm still correcting your incorrect statement. This is 8 GCDs (Acid Blade and Collateral Damage are off GCD), but one is cloak, who's GCD is irrelevant since neither party can attack during that time.

If you don't believe me someone could possibruly post a video on this?

1. 15 seconds BUFF on us that can be reapplied every 12 seconds. It's pretty much permanent

2. The fact that it's a buff means that we can switch targets. =/= debuff

The only problem is that it doens't affect hidden strike unless we have either just gotten out of a previous fight and we still have our armor pen buff up or we popped vanish.

Edited by Zunayson