Hi everone

JamieDupler

Hi I am new to this game looking forward to playing.

HI there! This is my 1st MMO, but I had friends teach me as I went along. I now have 4 completed characters and I'm working on a 5th. Like me, in time you will start to gain knowledge and experience and start to feel like an old pro. Good luck to you. Please ask tons of questions. May the Force be with you.

Welcome to Star Wars The Old Republic! It's great to still see people joining the game. If you have any questions this is where they go! Many Experienced players are here and ready to help answer your questions. My tips to you are always do your sidequests, as it will help you get your experience up, and don't be afraid to ask anyone questions. We are here to help you! :D

Good Luck on your Journey, Young Acolyte!

Hello and welcome to the game! I always love seeing new players post in here. While this isn't my first MMO, we all started at the same place.....no question is stupid, so don't ever feel afraid to ask something because you think its silly or that people will heckle you for it. Trolls happen, but just ignore them if they do -- the pleasant, helpful people outnumber them. Getting your feet wet can be a little daunting at first, just putz around the starter world until you get your bearings. Maybe start several new characters to test the general game play of a few classes to see what you prefer (ie. melee, guns with longer range, etc). I personally would go with a DPS class first off, since healing and tanking has a steeper learning curve.

Anyway, enjoy the game! And again, welcome!

I personally would go with a DPS class first off, since healing and tanking has a steeper learning curve.

Anyway, enjoy the game! And again, welcome!

2nd this still relativly new myself but yes I also recommend a DPS class like a IA agent sniper (Good story) first as there is a lttle less pressure on you in Group play and more leeway to make mistakes while you learn game. The key on your first charcater as I have now found out is to save credits as much as possible so with that in mind I recommend NOT picking a Craft skill on your first character and go with three gather skills or 2 gather one mission skill. Enjoy.;)

Edited by NOTACTICS