A truly minor request for BH and smugglers that would make me happy.

Darth_Nox

I would appreciate it if the one-hand pistol classes be permitted to use rifles. There's no damage change, and it's really cosmetic but I like the look, and it hurts nothing.

If I get that, then I'd like to also request that the dual pistol classes be allowed to use sniper rifle/generator. again, purely cosmetic but I'm a fan of rifle looking weapons.

It just strikes me that playing a BH Powertech that the class being lifted from boba fett really needs to be able to use his EE-3 Carbine.... is that too much to ask?

I know there's plenty more that needs doing, but this one would make me happy.

Isnt a carbine just a pistol with a stock? Wouldnt rifles look to heavy to preform PT 's offhand tech atracks?

Just playing devil's advocate, personally I'd like a new clasd to use an assault cannom on Empire and Sniper on Alliance . As for bh rifles, I get where you're coming from, but look at the trooper's rifles, very bigger than Boba's

No carbine is a shorter rifle, not a pistol with a stock.

But yes, no reason for these weapon restrictions.

Ah, fair enough, most of my weapon knowledge comes from MGS anyway so got mistaken :D Still, if not a physical reason (though tbh on wikipedia does say carbines are bad in close quarters where the PT and Scoundrel are) then what about the flavour? Though I will agree that rifles and blasters having to drop aim and cunning versions is a bit silly in terms of non-orange loot

Operative uses a rifle and he has quite a bit of offhand attacks. On the other hand rifles with aim are "republic" and tend to be bigger than operative versions. There will be problem with animations too as those are made for pistol. And PTs pistol is one of his trademarks, the other one being his armor.

p.s. I dont even want to imagine merc with dual blaster rifles...

Edited by Vesperr

I really like the one pistol look together with all the gadgetry.. But I could definitely go for a carbine style short rifle as well(think submachinegun if you don't know). A full length rifle just seems too unwieldy for a bounty hunters style of combat. Edited by Duncker

This was asked to death during CB, the dev's official response was something along the lines of how BHs were designed using Jango-fett and not Boba-fett, hence no blaster rifles for BHs. They also acknowledged that while there's a large desire for blaster rifles on BHs, it's not something they're going to change any time soon.

The classes are all designed so you can tell what they are just by glancing at their weapon. Their weapon plus weapon stance is always unique. The devs see this is a positive thing that they really like.

Thus, Bioware isn't going to change it unless something drastic happens.

I am so tired of the excuse of 'must tell a character class by silhouette'

This isn't fricking guildwars. That s a *** market cave-in.

So don't let me use it in pvp, ffs. Of all the ****** reasons.

Edited by Darth_Nox