Companions you NEVER use

MouseNoFour

Do you have a character, who has obtained a companion you have yet to even use them in combat... even once?

I am currently on my 33 Vanguard, and only just realised i have yet to see M1-4X in combat... not even once. I dont even know how it acts in combat (as my companion i mean). So i am right now going to find something for it to attack just to see what it does and how it works.

What is one of your character's companions you have yet to summon for combat even once?

Edited by MouseNoFour

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall using Broonie on my Jugger... He's one useless bunch of fur. I am using Jaesa only because she's good lookin' and I am nearky best in slot... Otherwise - it's always a healer for my dps specs.

I am tellin' ya, every Warrior will claim that they've never used Broonmark! :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Every single companion that cannot heal.

i don't see the fuss about hk-51....he can't heal or tank. i guess i just play too many dps characters, /shrug

As a tank I love him. I only use dps companions. I would throw all my tank companions out the airlock if I could.

Blizz- stupid character / makes annoying sounds / thankfully I don't need a tank

Skadge- stupid character / hate the personality / fugly as sin / thankfully I don't need a tank

Khem Val- Hate this character / looks like giant walking cow patty / thankfully I am a tank so I don't need him

Boonmark- stupid character

Lt Pierce- Never bothered gearing him, guess I don't need a tank

Bowdaar- Just don't like him / prefer Corso for tanking

Akaavi- Just annoys me

Favorites:

Gault- Personality / acting

Mako- Incredible solo healing

Vette- well, she's a blue twi'lek, how can you not like her?

Edited by bahdasz

Jedi Knight- The trooper companion, do not even know his name. Don't like Doc either, but I have used him.

Jedi Consular- Zenith, Theran, Iresso. Rather have all jedi companions.

Trooper- Elara. Why is she a smuggler like toon in trooper armor. She should use a rifle BTW.

Smuggler- Used them all, this is one of my favorite squads.

Sith Warrior- Broonmark, Quinn. Did not like Quinn from the start and even less after chapter 2.

Sith Inquisitor- Talos. Not a fan actually. He does fitthe story of my toon but not worthy to leave the ship.

Bounty Hunter- Gault, has not grown on me yet. Skadge is annoying.

Imperial Agent- have not finished this one yet.

Biggest complaints. We need Jedi healers BW, really lazy having all healers being smuggler types. Would not mine for some of the Aim melee companions to use guns instead. Tanno Vik being a big example. All my soldiers should use rifles.

Pretty much any of the tank companions. The melee dps companions and the healer companions are the only ones worth using. The ranged dps companions have crappy aoe moves and worse damage, and the tanking companions are just hopeless at everything.

The easiest way to remedy this problem would be to let you set your companions move set. For example If I could set Blizz to a tech healer loadout (like Mako and Malavai) I would use him all the time. As long as the moves distinguish between the companion as a force or tech user, it wouldn't feel out of place or compromise the characters in any way. It would let you use the companion you felt like using purely because you like that companion.

Unfortunately Bioware feel differently and see the companions combat role as a part of the characters backstory and personality. I hope they change their mind on this at some point.

anyone that is not a healer.

I am the opposite, I dislike most of the healers accept Guss Tuno and Mako. He is too funny and has a great story. Elara reminds me of that soldier that follows the rules to closely. Annoying. Mako is the exception to the rule because...it is Mako. Good job Lacey, used your companion and maxed her out well before I finished. I had to switch.

Edited by SentinelDranoel

Sadly as soon as I get a healer that will be pretty much the only one I use in combat the others may come out for dialogues to get their affection up and then I am done with them. I must admit for the Imperial Agent getting his healer so late in the game was very painful as I used more of his companions than any other. Though most painful was my sith warrior who as a DPS has to use quinn despite that I would much prefere Jaesa.

Bottom line for me is (other then khem val) if you can't see a piece of armor change the way a companion looks, then you don't want to invest in them. I hate Quinn for many reason, but I needed him from the time I got him until the last chapter. Smuggler

unless you roll healing is a nightmare until you get ]the last companion on hoth Guss Tuno

But heal comps are vital depending which advanced class you roll, that you tend use them exclusively.

The One's I never use are:

Blizz

Broomark

Pierce

Vette

M14X (pulls targets to you,again I hate that)

Lord Scourge (useless unless you Role-play Dark Jedi

HK (keeps jumping back to my spot I hate that)

Risha I hate her from the time I got her, just another sniper DPS same as the devorian and the twilek guy.

Most all of the tank/DPS companions I never used at all but Qyzen and khem Val, Myzen bomber for the win.

Quinn, Dorn,Tuno, khem, Theran, Vector, Qyzen, Mako I use all the time.

Edited by nartiuslightlord