Can't beat Thanaton final boss

jamiemcd

I'm having truble fighting the final boss Darth Thanaton which companion is the best one to use against him?

Talos, he's easy to beat if you are madness spec, just run away from his aoe and interrupt his heals, put dot on him, slowly kill him.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I had a different approach to this fight as I was 50 at the time and had level 50 gear and was heal spec I took Ashara Zavros who also had 50 gear.

As Thanatons damage isnt all that powerful (thats what I though anyway) I was able to keep Ashara topped up via the AoE heal and Innervate and then just interupted his healing.

Also as a healer I was able to stand a bit of a distance away so didnt take to much damage myself.

I used my healer, with lightning spec. Basically just wheel around him, keeping a shield up as much as possible, interrupt his force storms and other powerful attacks and avoid his death fields with Force speed (and any other area effects).

Make sure your healer is geared up so he works well, he should basically keep your health full at all times. And a combination of avoiding and interrupting attacks will ensure your health stays high. Just keep wittling him down and eventually he'll die.

And it helps if your lvl 50 - if your not then I suggest you lvl first.

P.S. Concerning boss fights, healer is always a good pick for a sorc.

Edited by Beniboybling

I used my healer, with lightning spec. Basically just wheel around him, keeping a shield up as much as possible, interrupt his force storms and other powerful attacks and avoid his death fields with Force speed (and any other area effects).

Make sure your healer is geared up so he works well, he should basically keep your health full at all times. And a combination of avoiding and interrupting attacks will ensure your health stays high. Just keep wittling him down and eventually he'll die.

And it helps if your lvl 50 - if your not then I suggest you lvl first.

P.S. Concerning boss fights, healer is always a good pick for a sorc.

You cann't interrupt his force storms, his attacks are mostly aoe, just run away from it, save the interruption for the heals.