Execute abilities and the old "high damage attacks on stunned targets".

Kaos_KidSWTOR

Hello everyone,

I'm here to talk about Execute abilities like Vicious Throw, Assassinate, and Dispatch.

Why dont all classes have them? It seems un-fair for classes that dont have them, like for instance Operatives, to not have them. and also lore wise, it would make sense for an Operative to have a takedown like ability... and ill use another example, Powertechs they are the ONLY tank Class to NOT have an Execute, why? Sorcs and Mercs i can see them not having an Execute type ability, because they are healers also, and ranged DPS, and Sorcs are inherently HIGH dps, so i can see why Sorcs and Mercs dont have them, but i see no reason for them to not have them other than insanely high damage.

On to the second point about the old abilities like Headshot, Evicerate, Tumult, etc. Why were those removed? They added skill, and challenge to PvP by allowing good players who knew when to use their Hardstuns right to get extra damage out of it, and in Dailies it allowed you to more easily kill trash mobs, i see NO reason for their removal, the easy way to get out of them, is to avoid the CC in the first place... So, they arent inherenly OP, they just add more challenge to PvP.

Just my 2 cents on some things i have been thinking of over the past week or so.

I think most classes have either.

JKs have execute. Shadows have execute. Troopers have high damage on stunned ability.

Gunslingers have execute etc...

And those classes that do not have either have propably other benefits. Like Sages have armor-ignoring damage, and so do Scoundrels.

On to the second point about the old abilities like Headshot, Evicerate, Tumult, etc. Why were those removed? They added skill, and challenge to PvP by allowing good players who knew when to use their Hardstuns right to get extra damage out of it, and in Dailies it allowed you to more easily kill trash mobs, i see NO reason for their removal, the easy way to get out of them, is to avoid the CC in the first place... So, they arent inherenly OP, they just add more challenge to PvP.

I remember the abilities you are discussing, but that is simply not true. Those were not allowed to be used on players.

As for why not everyone has an execute, to keep some semblance of variety.

Edited by af_raptura

I remember the abilities you are discussing, but that is simply not true. Those were not allowed to be used on players.

As for why not everyone has an execute, to keep some semblance of variety.

I swear to god i used them on people in PvP... Either way, they should be re-implemented and able to be used on people in PvP, it would add challenge to both regular PvP and Arenas.

I think most classes have either.

JKs have execute. Shadows have execute. Troopers have high damage on stunned ability.

Gunslingers have execute etc...

And those classes that do not have either have propably other benefits. Like Sages have armor-ignoring damage, and so do Scoundrels.

There's only 4 classes with Executes.

Sith Jugg/Mara, Sniper, and Sin. That's it. 2 of those are Tank classes. High Impact Bolt/Rail Shot does not count, because it also can be used on targets with DoT's, i am talking about abilities like Headshot and Evicerate which worked ONLY on stunned targets, i remember when on my operative i would knock things down with Hidden Strike and then Evicerate them and they would die in 2 hits... those were the good old days... and i want them back... and i want a blasted Execute on my Operative for christ sake! and my PT Tank!

They were removed to ease the ability-clutter most classes face. And their use was fairly limited after all, leveling being the main target. Some adds or mobs in operations could maybe be targeted with them, but then you would have to assume a boss-rotation and an add-rotation, and that would make things overly complicated.

As for executes, Operatives sure as hell don't need one since they are already the top dps in the game. Powertechs would benefit from such ability at the moment, though, since their DPS is a bit lackluster.

They were removed to ease the ability-clutter most classes face. And their use was fairly limited after all, leveling being the main target. Some adds or mobs in operations could maybe be targeted with them, but then you would have to assume a boss-rotation and an add-rotation, and that would make things overly complicated.

As for executes, Operatives sure as hell don't need one since they are already the top dps in the game. Powertechs would benefit from such ability at the moment, though, since their DPS is a bit lackluster.

But, Operatives are a class that's designed to single out 1 target at a time and kill them, so an Execute would make sense... I've always felt kinda empty without one, and feel less like a Stealther. And Operatives especially concealment need one, because in PvP their DPS is pretty close to ****. because A. CONCEALMENT NEEDS THE KNOCKDOWN ON HIDDEN STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! and B. Lethality already sucks in PvP. and an Execute helps. IDGAF if they are "top DPS" Buff the other classes UP to Operatives! It makes more sense than nerfing the already HIGHLY gimped Operatives.

EDIT- fights with adds already call for 2 rotations a Single Target rotation, and an AOE rotation.

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

Operatives execute is in the form of increased DoT damage on targets with under 30% health (Lethality only).

Powertechs have the same in the Pyrotech tree for their DoTs.

Commando doesn't need an execute because we're awesome :cool:

Sages don't have an execute but they really should thinking about it. Similar to Sniper/GS Takedown. I can imagine what abilities they would get: another purple zapper for Sorcs and hopefully Sages would get Ashara Zavros' Force Burst ability.

I think Eric Musco said shortly after their removal that the dev team wanted to bring back the moves, or at the very least the animations in some way, but not exactly the same way that they were implemented before.

@EricMusco please pretty please with an Alderaanian cherry on-top bring back Tumult in some form :p

Operatives execute is in the form of increased DoT damage on targets with under 30% health (Lethality only). Whooptie freeking doo? I want an actual EXECUTE ABILITY... not just some passive buff... I would totally want something that uses Evicerate's animation.

Powertechs have the same in the Pyrotech tree for their DoTs. Yay? You want a cookie? Again it's more satisfying to have an actual ability that you can see, than just some passive buff... and all forms of PT DPS suck in terms of numbers, so they need some sort of buff

Commando doesn't need an execute because we're awesome :cool: Commando's arent that awesome, Snipers beat Gunnery out in sheer numbers, though i do think that Pyrotech would be litterally too OP if it had an execute...

Sages don't have an execute but they really should thinking about it. Similar to Sniper/GS Takedown. I can imagine what abilities they would get: another purple zapper for Sorcs and hopefully Sages would get Ashara Zavros' Force Burst ability. I dont play my Sage as DPS, but i do play my Sorc as DPS, and i do hope that Sages/Sorcs get one, they have no under 30% boosts, so yea...

Responses in Bold