Instances for practicing warzones

Memo-

I just recently came to realize a potential problem for many players as I joined a pve-oriented guild: some players are completely alienated from warzones because of difficulty and first and foremost, unfamiliarity. If a player has a lvl 50 character and has never touched a warzone through all her game time, jumping in on a lvl 50 warzone is really intimidating and frustrating.

What I suggest is the possibility to group up and go into a separate instance to practice all the warzones. This way a few skilled players could show how things work to people who are completely unprepared for warzones. You could also test strategies in peace - thus this would be useful for skilled players as well. The instances could be restricted to a max of 16 players so you wouldn't get an unreal view on a warzone if there happened to be more players. You could only enter a warzone-practice with a group (and once inside the group could be separated into two groups for practice matches.)

This kind of system would be greatly appreciated, so please look into this possibility. :)

PS. I am aware that some people would say that you can always practice warzones via playing the real thing (start a new character to get accustomed to the things in low-lvl warzones for example), but there still is a time-constraint (about ~15 minutes) and if the enemy team should be very skilled, the whole purpose of it would be possibly wasted.

//Rewards aren't needed for this, so you wouldn't be gaining commendations, valor, credits or experience.

Edited by Memo-

open world pvp and duels give you all the practice you need.

Oh come on, how often do those happen? Sure, you could go looking for trouble on Ilum, but if you don't have PVP gear or experience, how's that going to help the situation? Not to mention the respawn delays after a couple deaths and that it's common to be two-teamed.

Personally, I wish they would have separate warzone brackets, one for fresh 50s and another for advanced 50s... Based on valor rank or gear or something.

Well technically I didn't pvp on my toon till I hit 50 before they had recruit gear and I did ok. Once I got expertise gear than I started to do much better and now I am in the top 3 in medals for the republic side.

You shouldn't have to practice outside of a warzone to pvp. Buy the recruit gear and go out and learn. I don't understand this handicap way of learning pvp the OP is suggesting. You have to go into a pvp match like you would go into a new operation with your guild. You go in there learning the fights and their mechanics which would also apply to pvp. You go into a match and learn how other classes work and then build your strat around that. Who you can stand toe to toe against and who you can't, which person to avoid and which person to sneak up on and attack.

You have to go into a pvp match like you would go into a new operation with your guild. You go in there learning the fights and their mechanics which would also apply to pvp. You go into a match and learn how other classes work and then build your strat around that. Who you can stand toe to toe against and who you can't, which person to avoid and which person to sneak up on and attack.

Almost true, except you can take your sweet time in operations, first explaining the tactics thoroughly, and if you fail, you can take the exact same challenge immediately afterwards, with nothing else changed but your own experience about that exact boss or mob. If you fail a warzone, the next time you jump in it will probably not be the same warzone, and even if it was, you won't be in the same team against the same opponents.

Once again, this is just a problem that I have seen affecting some people, not myself included, as I'm very fond of the pvp aspect of the game and have been almost since the beginning.

Edited by Memo-

• 3 weeks later...
Bumping for visibility. Seriously folks, this is important. I constantly run into these scenarios while playing with my new guild mates, and teaming up with three other players for a warzone still won't be enough to help them understand the mechanics and strategies.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea to teach people to use the frickin' short-cut speeders in Civil War is a good thing in my book.

Seriously, I usually do guard duty on either Snow or Grass (for which you need 2 players, not just 1, by the way, especially when people don't use the shortcut speeders), and if I see 2 team members take the shortcut speeder instead of the grand tour, it's a lot. Even when calling out for intruders, I see most of the team take the long ride that circles the entire base, after which they have to spend even more time walking all the way to the side cannon. Generally, the base is lost by the time they arrive, and their excuse? "You should call out earlier". Wait, so they take a full minute detour instead of a 15 second ride, and then tell ME to be a splitsecond faster? :rolleyes:

Other advantages of taking the short ride instead of the long trip:

-More killing time, you really are on the field MUCH quicker.

-Guards at the side cannon can give you their class buffs

-You can assemble an attackforce OUT OF SIGHT from the enemies at either mid or the other cannon, and either attack them through their own back door on mid, or from the tunnel under mid to the other side cannon. You're buying time this way before the enemy at the other cannon can react and reinforce.

Well, you can use the Legacy Training Dummy for testing out rotations and see how much damage you can do in some set amount of time...

Making a full fledged warzone simulations would be a difficult thing, as you would still need to get players to go there, making it no different than normal WZ, just minus the rewards, and knowing people, nobody would go there if there were no rewards (see Outlaw's Den, it is completely deserted).

However, I could imagine a advanced feature on the Training Dummy, like making it sort of like the training droid from Force Unleashed (the only thing I actually liked in the otherwise stupid and boring game), making it possible to switch him do different archetypes of enemies, and having a practice battle against him.

Or, maybe, allow "duels" between groups, a friendly match.

As for ppl ignoring basic tactics, as Asherall said, I do not think anyone can help with that, if people are stupid, they will be stupid no matter what, and they will not use the training anyway, or see any guides or videos created for this purpose....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...