Is it worth it to keep playing?

sykopaf

The person who made that video is a grade A idiot. If you want to get your opinions from idiots then go ahead.

I only managed to watch about 1/3 before he managed to claim that answers about companions in a Q&A are pointless and the only new content we have heard about for months is HK-51.

Zybaks video really got me thinking about this game, I like it a lot but he brings up a lot of good points, Just don't know if its worth continuing to play

Seems to me like you have already made up your mind about playing the game and you're just looking for vindication. If you don't like the game, don't play it. But stop playing it for your own reasons and not someone else's otherwise you'll inevitably find yourself disappointed.

I honestly have to agree with the video, I have been subbed to this game ever since I got it, which was about a week or so after launch.

I loved it. It was awesome, but that experience was only from leveling. Now, I have a few 50s and a highly geared Assassin that have experience everything. I've beaten all the OPs, FPs, and there is simply nothing to do anymore. I have not logged in for a few days and the communication from Bioware is basically non-existent.

There have been so many bugs since day 1 that BW have completely ignored even up to now that people keep bringing up and tossed around. These new layoffs and mess ups and not to mention the pointless Q&A answers that answer really nothing at all makes me even wonder how people can still play this. The only people that still play are literally Star wars fans or those who seriously have nothing else to play or hasn't experienced everything yet.

I've been supportive of BW since 1.2, been patient with them and have waited and waited for something new but the news so far has completely degraded my patience. Long story short, I got very bored and BW is beginning to fail, and fail hard. More and more unscheduled maintenances are appearing every week and like I said before the answers for the Q&A are absolutely stupid and has nothing to do with the state of the game.

I honestly have to agree with the video, I have been subbed to this game ever since I got it, which was about a week or so after launch.

I loved it. It was awesome, but that experience was only from leveling. Now, I have a few 50s and a highly geared Assassin that have experience everything. I've beaten all the OPs, FPs, and there is simply nothing to do anymore. I have not logged in for a few days and the communication from Bioware is basically non-existent.

There have been so many bugs since day 1 that BW have completely ignored even up to now that people keep bringing up and tossed around. These new layoffs and mess ups and not to mention the pointless Q&A answers that answer really nothing at all makes me even wonder how people can still play this. The only people that still play are literally Star wars fans or those who seriously have nothing else to play or hasn't experienced everything yet.

I've been supportive of BW since 1.2, been patient with them and have waited and waited for something new but the news so far has completely degraded my patience. Long story short, I got very bored and BW is beginning to fail, and fail hard. More and more unscheduled maintenances are appearing every week and like I said before the answers for the Q&A are absolutely stupid and has nothing to do with the state of the game.

- I completely agree with you. I'm a star wars fan since my childhood, watched all the movies a thousand times and even at least 3x or more a year I promote a Star Wars Marathon with friends. I played SWG since the beginning, and I love it until some terrible changes shows up in the game - NGE mods, Card Battle, Graphic mods to low, card battles, etc. Now, I start to play this game in January and it's really astonishing at the first moment and so. Now I left this game because I can't see so much improvement coming from BW. Space changing, space battles pvp, ship customization (We can see it in SW, Vader had a personal advanced tie, Solo and his Millenium Falcon..) and here we don't see it. I just see ppl complaining about the craft and reengineering issue, level cap short, high price of the items, etc. So, I left and I wish to everyone...have fun and BW, listen to your gamers, they are the ones whose make this game be what it is.

Guy in the video is very into PvP, has been nitpicking little things he wants to see in the PvP game since he started making videos, and is upset that BW is not addressing his feature requests. Was pretty much the same way the first time he quit Swtor.

His argument is lots of vague, unspecific statements about being disappointed, followed by a mini rant about how BW refuses to answer any questions that matter and reveals nothing of their upcoming plans. Which pretty much ignores the fact that the questions they answer are very usually popular whirlwinds of debate and discussion from across the whole forum, and that they've announced a whole slew of new things coming by the end of this year.

His views (from a past video) on what is needed to make the game "perfect" are way too "inside the box" thinking. He's got some very specific little PvP features that he wants, and then he'd allegedly be completely satisfied. BW knows better, and is working on both quality of life feature (though not as quickly as he wants) and general game expansion for the rest of us.

I mean, can this game get better? Oh yes. And there's tons of things I can *imagine* I'd love to see and get disappointed with not seeing in the game so far. But there was a ton there at the start, and a ton more 7 months in, and according to the info they've provided so far, a ton more stuff in the next 6 months.

Well he the guy in the video cusses real good,didnt know people who could make you tube videos could cuss that good.

he b****es real good too.I think the cussing makes his b*************** seem more like real b*************** than just regular b***************.

Edited by CygnusMX

Well he the guy in the video cusses real good,didnt know people who could make you tube videos could cuss that good.

he b****es real good too.I think the cussing makes his b*************** seem more like real b*************** than just regular b***************.

Win.

I've always felt that if you cannot make a point or form an argument without swearing then you have no argument to begin with.

Why do you need someone else's input to determine whether or not you want to keep playing? Why does it matter to you what other people think?

Are you having fun? Keep playing.

Are you not having fun? Stop playing.

Yes. Sometimes life really can be that simple. :)

Answering the thread title: yes, it is. I for one, as long as I'm having fun with the game, it's worth playing.

You should conclude if it's worth playing by yourself and not by what some guy says on a video.

Is there lack of communication from BW? Maybe... well... I'd like them to tell us more about what's going on but ultimately they must have their reasons to do what they do. If those are good or bad reasons, that's another story...

Yes it is...your vid had no solid reasons why your quitting not to mention some public speaking classes would do you some good. Quite frankly I feel its one less self entitled player who feels that BW wont take "MY" suggestions so the game will fail posts. Go make your own MMO and see how it goes. I still like the game and will continue to play until I dont like it.

Did you give all your stuff away to your friends or did you keep it for when you come back?

Edited by Philastra
Question

I guess it is

Even tho I'm fast getting bored I have tried some new titles tsw gw2 beta d3

And have come to realize that there's not much better than this out there ATM pvp wise

And find myself logging in for war zones everyday

I quit wow after 7 years and can't see myself back there anytime soon

If you are having fun, yes. It has nothing to do with gamers and or Star Wars fans.

Sounds simplistic but one thing that really struck me about the video is his distinction between gamers and Star Wars fans. What the hell was that about? I'm a gamer and I will speak for myself. I will not presume to define what is a "gamers" game or otherwise.

I've got to agree if your still having fun, why let someone else's opinion affect yours. I've taken a few short breaks from TOR from time to time to the point that I've had the game since launch and the highest levelled character I have is a level 32 who's only just started Chapter 2 of the Sith Warrior story because I took a few two weeks breaks to play other games.

Really the question is do you think it's still worth playing? And in the end only you can answer that, I say yes but I have a loooong way to go before I've done everything but even if I had as long as I was still enjoying it then I'd keep playing.

Zybaks video really got me thinking about this game, I like it a lot but he brings up a lot of good points, Just don't know if its worth continuing to play

the fact that you have to ask means you dont get it ....

why do we play games? i dont know about you but i do for fun and relaxation

where you having fun before reading someother disgruntled attention whore said he wasnt? < i am , still am after watching that

if you can answer the above questions for yourself, then you dont need anyone telling you "if its worth to keep playing this game" , you would know if its worht TO YOU to keep playing it....i am, cuz im still getting what i expect from it, fun and relaxation its not a gdamed job, and it only costs me 50 cents a day

I agree with his negative sentiment towards EA... it's obvious the bad PR (mostly player/lurker generated, not media) and falling subscription numbers have totally spooked them, and they are kneeling by the plug, hand ready to pull.

I LOVE this game, but am scared for the future. I'm going to keep on playing cause I enjoy it of course, but the negative tsunami can only batter ones hatches for so long... everyone has a breaking point I guess.

I might take a sub-break when GW2 launches (mine is up for renewal on the 26th... perfect timing really), enjoy that for a while - then come back once HK/Makeb/New WZ are all go.... I haven't given up, I just really want to play GW2 as well (looks so much fun!) and come back to SWTOR for the great Star Wars stories and new stuff once it's out: yay! :D