Money Maker ?

Phaelz

bad idea in this game. Lack of going out on your own to gather is definatly going to make anyone whos doing a crafting not mind doing it. Your best bet is slicing which the missions give good credits by themselves. Also i think its treasure hunting that gives schematics for crafting will be worth alot. Other then that I might suggest going biochem/bioanylsis due to the amount of money youll "save" end game by not buying flasks and potions and stuff. Really with crafting be a large majority can be done self sufficiently by standing on the imperial fleat means its not going to be a money maker really unless you get rare schemetics or become first to reverse engineer the best things.

bad idea in this game. Lack of going out on your own to gather is definatly going to make anyone whos doing a crafting not mind doing it. Your best bet is slicing which the missions give good credits by themselves. Also i think its treasure hunting that gives schematics for crafting will be worth alot. Other then that I might suggest going biochem/bioanylsis due to the amount of money youll "save" end game by not buying flasks and potions and stuff. Really with crafting be a large majority can be done self sufficiently by standing on the imperial fleat means its not going to be a money maker really unless you get rare schemetics or become first to reverse engineer the best things.

Not true, if you take 3 gathering skills you will always have a market. People will always buy the resources they need off the market.

Not true, if you take 3 gathering skills you will always have a market. People will always buy the resources they need off the market.

At this point in the game I would disagree out right. With people leveling up as well lack of funds I don't think that many people would be buying, give it a couple of months then yes.

However, you can always send out companions so leveling up would be easy (and where the majority of the market existed in other MMO's). For any gathering the only marketable mats that i can see would be mats for level capped characters gear or upgrades.

I could be way off on this but if you thought about it, it does make some sense.

advanced mission only skills will be terrible early on, look at them strictly as an end game money sink.

take slicing and narrow your choice of professions down to two, take the two gathering skills which support them, stockpile the mats to power level both, then "later" make your choice.

later could be a week in, or once you're in end game and you realize no one in your whole guild took synthweaving for example.

also, mind your companion skills, you'll be kicking yourself if you go sythweaving on a jc/si, only to find out later that the jk/sw companion gets a +5 crit bonus, of course we dont know 100% that these have remained unchanged from the beta, so holding off on confirming your favored bonus before committing to a skill is a solid move.

The comment on not having to buy stims endgame with biochem isn't completely accurate. Yes, biochem can make reusable 'flasks', but these flasks are not as strong as raid quality flasks which can not be made in a reusable form. You will still have to buy these or buy/gather the reagents to make them yourself. Edited by Krie_Marina

Actually I found 1 gathering skill and one mission skill was more than enough to keep my crafting skill going.

For example I got my gathering/mission skill to 40 then my crafting skill got to like 55 through use of my mats and nothing else. So I ended up not needing to buy anything at all. It will most likely change later on in the skill set however as crafting items become rarer to obtain and more time consuming.

Then again as previously said, they took the grind out of gathering as all you need to do is send your companion to do it for you.

Your best bet would be leveling a crafting skill and selling the items you make once you reach high level. IMO.

The comment on not having to buy stims endgame with biochem isn't completely accurate. Yes, biochem can make reusable 'flasks', but these flasks are not as strong as raid quality flasks which can not be made in a reusable form. You will still have to buy these or buy/gather the reagents to make them yourself.

Link these supposed raid quality flasks.

I dare you.

You are mistaken. Blue mats will sell like hotcakes especially right off the bat. There will be those that try to learn as many purple recipes as possible...and what do they need? A TON OF BLUES.

All of the blue mats you can gather/farm WILL sell, and at times.. for a lot of credits.

You are mistaken. Blue mats will sell like hotcakes especially right off the bat. There will be those that try to learn as many purple recipes as possible...and what do they need? A TON OF BLUES.

All of the blue mats you can gather/farm WILL sell, and at times.. for a lot of credits.

I'm curious to see how the market develops. Initially there will be low supply and little money in the economy. Crafters with the correct gathering and mission skills will be mostly self sufficient and will be using most of their credits on missions, so won't have much to spend on blues. I expect the first week or more of buying mats on the auction house to be mostly price gouging. The one's who can afford that will likely be the one's running slicing instead of a mission skill. So from server to server the market will probably be pretty volatile.

Should be fun.