Lightside/darkside choices should be revisited

FuryoftheStars

Many valid points here. In the Sith Inquisitor story, you go meet an Sith Lord who is interrogating someone about an "unauthorized" murder. The PC gets to join in the torture fun, but the lines on the wheel never seem to run with what is said. Before I discovered how to turn on the option to view my light and dark choices I always picked the line that chooses to let the prisoner live for further torture. The result is I gain light side points. What? I want to keep torturing this acolyte. Not let him just survive.

I was hoping this thread was going to be about the consequences of light and dark side choices. It's such a waste especially if you stay neutral then you get no relic use until level 50 outside of matrix cubes.

--Also on Taris, in investigating a missing convoy, you find out that the crew has decided to desert. Your options are to let them go (light), or tell them they need to go back (dark). huh?? Their desertion is putting countless other lives at risk, not to mention that because they are the supply runners, the outpost is either delayed in getting its supplies or won't at all. So how is telling them they need to return to duty a dark choice?

1 Soldier going above and beyond the call of duty can change the outcome of a battle, a full 6 man section can change the outcome of a war, add to this the fact that this section was form a small frontline base where 6 men is a huge loss of manpower, they were also being counted on to get supplies everyone needs. They also have a walker which is not somthing the small base would be able to replace easily. I mean yes it sucks for the poor men that have to keep fighting long after their service was meant to end, but the life of a soldier is never easy, deserting is a major offence as it risks lives, destroys the moral of the men that are left, no matter the reason it is the act ofd a selfish coward who is placing their own lives above everyone else... reminding them of their duty to the republic and their friends who depend on them should be light side and letting them run should we worth big dark side points... sorry if i was long winded guys, but i thought it had to be said

It gets worse with the trooper on Corellia.

You're given the option to play firefighter and save a few dozen people in an apartment building, or seize enemy dropships and thus enable the Republic to employ enough troops and save thousands of lives. Playing firefighter for a handful of people is Light side, and saving thousands of people is Dark side. Not even 'neutral'... apparently by making the rational decision to save thousands of people, you're giving in to hate, anger, fear, and all that kind of stuff.

It gets worse with the trooper on Corellia.

You're given the option to play firefighter and save a few dozen people in an apartment building, or seize enemy dropships and thus enable the Republic to employ enough troops and save thousands of lives. Playing firefighter for a handful of people is Light side, and saving thousands of people is Dark side. Not even 'neutral'... apparently by making the rational decision to save thousands of people, you're giving in to hate, anger, fear, and all that kind of stuff.

Of course, the part I don't get either about games like this one... ok, I'm given a choice, do this or that, no time for both. Umm, hello? What in the heck are all of my companions (or in the case of the Trooper, my squad) doing on the ship?!?

Edited by FuryoftheStars