Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

I'm on Gav and to be honest what is more important to me is that 2 out of every 3 days at the moment, my gaming experience is either ruined or significantly negatively impacted by lag issues/ not being able to connect at all.

I am paying to play the game, and while more players on my server might be nice, being able to get on the server is actually a huge pain for me at the moment.

My connection is otherwise fine, I pay top dollar for good bandwidth and have no connection issues anywhere else on the net.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on Gav and to be honest what is more important to me is that 2 out of every 3 days at the moment, my gaming experience is either ruined or significantly negatively impacted by lag issues/ not being able to connect at all.

I am paying to play the game, and while more players on my server might be nice, being able to get on the server is actually a huge pain for me at the moment.

My connection is otherwise fine, I pay top dollar for good bandwidth and have no connection issues anywhere else on the net.

Funny you should mention that - I'm on Gav as well, and just over the last week or so, it's been very hinky; randomly tossing me out, lagging, getting stuck on the loading screen. After performing perfectly well for the past 12 months, I might add.

Bioware please start the merge during the next maintenance so you can work out the bugs that may come-up and i m sure if the apac server needs to be down longer for this i m sure people be willing to wait to get this done

thank-you

soz for caps just wanted this to stand out

to the post above me.....my heart breaks for u now, welcome to the waiting game...its been oh i dunno like 4-5 months now?? and we are still waiting....and we always will, bioware are not doing anything ur only bet is to reroll on US servers like most of us or stop playing.

I think its been long enough. Enough with the delay tactics

I think it's a safe bet you know what to do about this - please let us know details

Well they're REAL busy with 1.7, and then there's Makeb.. and then there's other stuff, like the cash shop.... :eek:

Well they're REAL busy with 1.7, and then there's Makeb.. and then there's other stuff, like the cash shop.... :eek:
Totally agree what's taking so long BIOWARE just because Australia and Asia are away from US in the real world shouldn't we be as close online. Edited by Saffa

The reason "Some People" on GAV dont want to merge is because they are on the cutting edge of progression raiding because of their massive population on their server and are wiping on Operator in HM.

The reason we want to merge is because we want to be able to get 24 full 63 peeps to attempt 10stack dreadtooth and entity thingi.

Ofc they think its all great and we think its all sh*te. We are looking at endgame very very differently.

All in all, regardless of what Bioware do, people will whinge and complain. This is one of the only MMO's with Oceanic servers, there was such a fuss over getting the servers here. The debate, to Bioware, was always whether or not it would be worth it. Well, was it? Look at the results? It's a ****fight. People should be happy there are oceanic servers at all, and if playing in a community was as important as everyone claims, we would get together and work out which server we would all re-roll in. But nope, our invested characters/names/legacy IS more important than actually forming an online community. That's the bottom line here. For those of us who have bothered to form our own communities, there is not much to whinge about, we play together and enjoy the game none the less. Maybe we should stop waiting for Bioware to do something and take responsibility for our own enjoyment?

Jus sayin'

:rolleyes:

Edited by tiggyd

All in all, regardless of what Bioware do, people will whinge and complain. This is one of the only MMO's with Oceanic servers, there was such a fuss over getting the servers here. The debate, to Bioware, was always whether or not it would be worth it. Well, was it? Look at the results? It's a ****fight. People should be happy there are oceanic servers at all, and if playing in a community was as important as everyone claims, we would get together and work out which server we would all re-roll in. But nope, our invested characters/names/legacy IS more important than actually forming an online community. That's the bottom line here. For those of us who have bothered to form our own communities, there is not much to whinge about, we play together and enjoy the game none the less. Maybe we should stop waiting for Bioware to do something and take responsibility for our own enjoyment?

Jus sayin'

:rolleyes:

And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters? BW is definitely not going to, so maybe you should give us your email address and we can all send receipts of Real money purchases which are so disposable to you.

As I said earlier, stop living in a pond. Everyone here has a community that they enjoy playing with. However, to stay at the top end of progression raiding etc, we dont have the population that will support raiding on 4 Alts every week. This is just me personally, I would love to Down TFB HM/EC NiM on all 4 of my toons every week, and for that I need more people as at the moment, its very hard on MDN to pug anything.

However, if you are happy with wiping on Operator some 4 months after release, and you consider flapping in your PJs and calling each other random names and selling speeders all day, then yeh you will be happy playing with the same 5 people all the time. But thats not what the majority of the community wants.

As has been said, Merge and give transfers so that you all can then transfer to the kids server so that people dont look at you wierd while you sell speeders.

we dont have the population that will support raiding on 4 Alts every week. This is just me personally, I would love to Down TFB HM/EC NiM on all 4 of my toons every week, and for that I need more people as at the moment, its very hard on MDN to pug anything.

Aww you don't have the population to use to gear your alts diddums.

The reason "Some People" on GAV dont want to merge is because they are on the cutting edge of progression raiding because of their massive population on their server and are wiping on Operator in HM.

The reason we want to merge is because we want to be able to get 24 full 63 peeps to attempt 10stack dreadtooth and entity thingi.

Ofc they think its all great and we think its all sh*te. We are looking at endgame very very differently.

My point in bringing that up Sank is that these are parts of the game, just the tip of the ice berg, we cannot currently do because of the lacking in population. I can only speak for my experiance and tailor my point to show that the server is dying because the limited end game is even more limited by our population, which I hope would reach the mind of devs that losing more population by this is just removing the opertunities to keep more subscription income and cash shop customers. This might help motivate a resolution.

I feel for the RPers, I really do. They have a community on GD. I even tried to be part of it but I could only enjoy so much about who Aka's toons are sleeping with or Obrach's creepy hitting on any female toon with the same lines and creepy invites back to his ship, all done in the general channel of a world rather than taking two seconds to use say, yell, or private channels. It is unfortunate how people troll the fun they are publicly having. Yes the names can be awkward and immersion breaking, what with being alien names having limits on what makes sense and all.

I am sure that there is actually more good RP going on than what I have slandered in that last paragraph, but they sure have not been actively advertising where and when that is happening instead of keeping to themselves on Gav Daragon.

Before the APAC servers opened, I was on Cruicible pits, a PVP server which had regular RP. I have conversed with a RL friend who regularly RPs and PVPs on Dalbora. It is not the server which makes a person RP, it is the players wanting to RP.

In a lot of cases the vitriol against Allie and RP focused players who love what they have and don't want to take the hope of finding more like minded players for fear of dumb names and trolls (who we know they can and do ignore), does feel pretty petty, elitist, selfish and inclusive to the rest of us. They certainly do not speak for all the RPers on the RP server.

Unless you believe that you can only RP on a small RP server, you are trolling those of us who enjoy the game as a whole from getting the experiance the other players of the world are getting on thier servers. If you have more player base you have more opertunity to PVP, PVE, and RP more.

No idea what sankalp is on about??

There isn't enough people in Master D to get runs on mains much last alts.

However the population has gone up to the 30s now, 2 months ago it was in the single digits.

Yup. And I only talk about endgame. The problem is everyone solos 1-50 and thinks thats ok. I dont think anyone does a Heroic 4 at higher level planets anymore. Thats not how the game is supposed to be played imho.

Also, Its not only about gearing your alts. I made alts so that I could raid with them. tanking on all 3 of my tanks is different and I would like to enjoy it rather than faceroll TFB on my assassin. I really want to DPS on my sniper, but nearly every group I can get into needs a tank and I end up tanking. A larger pop will allow me to raid without having to concentrate(DERP DEEPS!!!)

No idea what sankalp is on about??

There isn't enough people in Master D to get runs on mains much last alts.

However the population has gone up to the 30s now, 2 months ago it was in the single digits.

True, I am lucky enough to be in a guild that has cleared all content and raids regularly. However, the challange as it was after 1.2-1.3 is to keep people involved so that they dont end up getting bored and leaving as there are not enough people to replace them with. Between 1.2-1.3 and 1.4 we went from a 16M raiding group to nothing and were not prepared when TFB HM hit.

A Single server will get the pop going, which in turn will get some of he old players back as they will not need to sit idle. Same with PVP, no one likes a pop every half an hour.

@odonoghuet

I understand your reasoning completely. I feel for the RPers as well. Its only the fact that some of them come here on a high horse claiming their Community of 10-15 people is enough and they dont need anyone else. I dont mind them playing with the same 15 people and having everyone else on ignore. It suits their play style and hey, gr8 for them.

But claiming there is nothing wrong with the pop and we dont have enough people to do stuff we wanna do because we are not "Nice" people is incorrect. The thread is to address the issues of all the APAC servers. And the biggest thing affecting all of them is population.

Edited by sankalp

Yup. And I only talk about endgame. The problem is everyone solos 1-50 and thinks thats ok. I dont think anyone does a Heroic 4 at higher level planets anymore. Thats not how the game is supposed to be played imho.

Well Dalborra is the opposite i can easy find a heroic 4 man on most planets just by asking in general. Corellia and some of the higher level planets alot of players opt out of but the population is great at lower levels. Sorry for the sarcasm i just think its funny your running 4 characters at endgame ops and thats a problem to you.

Edited by Amlici