Does my laptop need to be upgraded?

Nugeneration

I recently been trying to set Swotr up for my ol'lady and let her play on my m11xR2 to try and get a feel for it. She complained of low FPS in Warzone to the point of un-playability. Now the lap top is dated and I'm not sure if this is the generic "warzone lag issue", or if the compute just can't handle it and I need to replace the motherboard.

It has an i5 1.5ghz overclocked to 2.1ghz 4gm ram and a GeForce GT 335m video card.

She says the world play itself runs perfectly fine 30-45 fps depending. Warzone's it drops to 15 on a good day. I haven't toyed with it much other than poking here and there at it and turning AA off etc.

My only question is will the specs of this comp be able to hold up to warzones? I would assume the world game would create more of an fps drop than the warzones themselves. I just don't want to shell out the extra cash right at the moment for an i7 processor motherboard and new video card for it just to be part of this on-going issue.

Any help from anyone here would be more than handy. All else fails I suppose I could count it as a belated Christmas present to her :p

Edit: I posted this here as I was unsure if tech support, or here would have been a better choice. I figured maybe people following this forum would know more about this fps drop issue.

Edited by Nugeneration

Same way for me. 40fps in the world 10-15 in a warzone. Time for a new computer. Alderaan is by far the worst though just something about that map isn't right.

Think that is what happens when they spend 10 minutes designing a PvP system and then implement it.

Edited by Graftonio

your assumption about the world causing less fps lag than a warfront is incorrect, since it has to load more animations and more people than it normally would have to in the world (as long as your either behind or ahead of the pack you don't see a bunch of people). Also the warfronts keep everything loaded, even if you cant see the person behind that wall, it still has all their animations loaded so they will show as soon as they turn the corner.

However, many people are having problems with wafront fps drops at the moment, so I don't think either of your are alone in this boat. However you are playing on a laptop and that presents its own problems. Its up to you but I say yes upgrade, if you got the money.

Unfortunately your RAM is good because that would have been the easiest thing to fix by far.

IMO without any good knowledge of SWTOR graphics both your processor and graphics card are on the "weakish but passable" side. So difficult to give advice. You should look for custom graphics tweaks (which are undoubtedly coming).