Smugglers must be nerfed

chakkar

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

You're a healer. You are going to get destroyed by -any- similarly geared pure dpser. Get used to it. You cannot outheal their dps. Speaking as a healer I find this sad but true.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this absolutely. Scoundrels and Operatives are far too overpowered. They have insane burst damage as well as ridiculous sustained dps. They can heal. They can tank. They can DPS, heal, AND tank at the same time. My Operative actually tanks better than my Trooper, and can also outheal anyone on my team while also topping the damage chart. We also have far too much CC for just one class. It's like we have the advantages of 3 classes, and no disadvantages. Scoundrels/Operatives is as Alpha-class as it gets, folks, and needs nerfing ASAP.

I was once a part of an elite team of roaming Stun-locking Operatives, and just 2 of us stun-locked the entire enemy team of 8 for 5 minutes without interruption, no joke. The two of us were teaching the rest of the stunlock crew how to do it so they were mostly observing.

One of the most OP abilities we have is still a mystery to me as far as mechanics, but it definitely exists. It causes the victims to immediately drop what they're doing, login/create forum handle, and it either automatically creates a thread that follows a basic guideline that follows the tune of Nerf Operatives, or unsubscribes them. We're still figuring out the mechanics on that one and I'll definitely post here when we do. If only Bioware would release the solid metrics behind this obscure ability, it would help us figure it out faster.

Edited by Sanctioned

...I was once a part of an elite team of roaming Stun-locking Operatives, and just 2 of us stun-locked the entire enemy team of 8 for 5 minutes without interruption, no joke. The two of us were teaching the rest of the stunlock crew how to do it so they were mostly observing.

One of the most OP abilities we have is still a mystery to me as far as mechanics, but it definitely exists. It causes the victims to immediately drop what they're doing, login/create forum handle, and it either automatically creates a thread that follows a basic guideline that follows the tune of Nerf Operatives, or unsubscribes them. We're still figuring out the mechanics on that one and I'll definitely post here when we do.

It took TWO of you to stun-lock the entire team!?!?! Oh my Godzzzz...L2P NOOB!!!

I can perma stun the entire enemy team before they even hit accept on the Warzone pop-screen.

Before BW listened to all the bads and nerfed OPS into the ground I could even grab the Huttball when it spawned, throw it up Hail Mary style into their end zone, vanish and catch my own pass for a score. :p

One of the most OP abilities we have is still a mystery to me as far as mechanics, but it definitely exists. It causes the victims to immediately drop what they're doing, login/create forum handle, and it either automatically creates a thread that follows a basic guideline that follows the tune of Nerf Operatives, or unsubscribes them. We're still figuring out the mechanics on that one and I'll definitely post here when we do.

^ I laughed so hard when I read this. BW should make this the new Lvl 55 ability for Operatives just to troll people :D Thanks for the lolz.

If any class needs to be fixed it's Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, they are underpowered, not saying a really good player can't do well with the class, just saying they are underpowered compared to the other classes overall.

nerf ops and buff smash monkey, aoes that hit for 7k regularly could really use a buff to help keep stunlocking operatives in check

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

Reading this statement angers my inner scoundrel. I do not play my scoundrel anymore since the later "changes" after 1.1.1. I was still good with the scoundrel after, until like around 1.3... then I was done.

Let me be clear, and you understand what I say... Scoundrels only have 3 CCs, and that is only IF they spec for it, and only IF they are stealthed and only IF they are behind you, and only IF their cooldowns are not active and only IF they are next to you.

Ok, a little generic, but this is what is happening to you...

Shoot First - Must be spec'd for it, must be stealthed, must apply the "buff" and must be next to the target from behind. Stun 1.5 seconds. Changed from 3 seconds. With a slight cool down, when before there was no cooldown. Also debuffs target for significantly less than it was.

Nut Cruncher ( I forget the move), 4 second stun. Have to be in melee to use, and on a pretty long cool down, considering the range. It used to stop you from moving due to the animation, now you can continue to move.

Flashbang (again, forgot the name) AoE sleep. Lasts for 6 or 8 seconds. It used to have a cooldown 4 times of that of the Operative, but later changed to mirror them. It breaks on damage.

Oooh I almost forgot,,, the sleep dart. Only used in stealth, lasts for 8 seconds? and breaks on damage. If you use the sleep dart and shoot first, your resolve bar fills to max... hurts more than it helps with that combo because you lose out on a potential 4 second stun.

Also, scoundrels have to try to not use dots (shoot first has a dot) as it interrupts the sleep moves. It is impossible to be "stun locked"

So please be a little more educated before pushing out responses as uninformed as you gave.