Jenemi

6 pets so far:

Desert Nekarr Cat

White Womp Weasel

Black Womp Weasel

Brown Womp Weasel

Killik Drone Larva

Blue-Speckled Gizka

The ship in the banner may be a pet (One of the rare ones on Swtor-Spy's site OR it could be a recolor of the Remote Control Starship.

Edit: Theory was correct--pet #7: Model Dominion Starfighter

Edit 2: Pet #8: Sub-Zero Mini Probe

Edited by Jenemi

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 pets so far:

Desert Nekarr Cat

White Womp Weasel

Black Womp Weasel

Brown Womp Weasel

Killik Drone Larva

Blue-Speckled Gizka

The ship in the banner may be a pet (One of the rare ones on Swtor-Spy's site OR it could be a recolor of the Remote Control Starship.

Edit: Theory was correct--pet #7: Model Dominion Starfighter

There goes my credits again... Soon I won't be able to earn them fast enough to buy all those pets :jawa_frown:

There goes my credits again... Soon I won't be able to earn them fast enough to buy all those pets :jawa_frown:

Yeah... and I just updated my post with an 8th pet...and here's #9: Model Liberator Starfighter

so we're at 50 now >< and there may be more.

Edit: #10: Model Redeemer Starfighter

Edit: #11: Model Supremacy Starfighter

Edited by Jenemi

Okay, guide officially updated. I don't think there's anymore besides the 11 in this pack x___x I hope not anyway. That's already quite a bit and now more than half the pets out are from the Cartel Packs...

Let's just hope Makeb introduces some non-cartel pets too. It would be sad if all future pets will only be obtainable through cartel packs.

So anyone else having the problem where you can't learn more pets/mounts because you are at the ability cap? They really need to get on fixing this.

I am a Jugg that has almost every pet and mount in the game and have every single legacy ability. I literally can't learn more pets or mounts :(.

So anyone else having the problem where you can't learn more pets/mounts because you are at the ability cap? They really need to get on fixing this.

I am a Jugg that has almost every pet and mount in the game and have every single legacy ability. I literally can't learn more pets or mounts :(.

What do you mean? I currently have 41 pets. What's the pet limit for you? I really hope this is just some sort of bug, because a pet limit would be very horrible news for me.

What do you mean? I currently have 41 pets. What's the pet limit for you? I really hope this is just some sort of bug, because a pet limit would be very horrible news for me.

See here :(

Anyway, 12 new pets now... also a Flamehair Kowakian Monkey-lizard.

Pets once learned count as abilities. There is currently a bug limiting the total number of abilities you can have all together. Having every legacy ability and almost every pet and mount in the game put me over that threshhold.

Pets once learned count as abilities. There is currently a bug limiting the total number of abilities you can have all together. Having every legacy ability and almost every pet and mount in the game put me over that threshhold.

So what happens when you try to learn a new pet? Does it disappear and you get nothing, or does it stay in your inventory and gives you an error? I sure hope it doesn't disappear so I could at least keep them in my cargo hold while waiting for cap increase (if we ever get one).

So what happens when you try to learn a new pet? Does it disappear and you get nothing, or does it stay in your inventory and gives you an error? I sure hope it doesn't disappear so I could at least keep them in my cargo hold while waiting for cap increase (if we ever get one).

It disappears and you don't get it and need to contact customer service to return it to you.

But yeah, it's a BIG issue :/ Especially as it varies per everyone. I also learned every speeder I could so... But like even ignoring legacy stuff, classes alone have different amounts of skills too. For example, my Sage has less skills overall than my Scoundrel and Operative have.

It disappears and you don't get it and need to contact customer service to return it to you.

But yeah, it's a BIG issue :/ Especially as it varies per everyone. I also learned every speeder I could so... But like even ignoring legacy stuff, classes alone have different amounts of skills too. For example, my Sage has less skills overall than my Scoundrel and Operative have.

Damnit, so now I'm gonna be afraid trying to learn new pets for fear of wasting credits... I guess I will surely have to create a thread on this when I have enough free time. But anyway, thanks for the warning, guys.

Edited by Aelther

Damnit, so now I'm gonna be afraid trying to learn new pets for fear of wasting credits... I guess I will surely have to create a thread on this when I have enough free time. But anyway, thanks for the warning, guys.

Yeah. What I'd do is count up how many abilities you believe you have right now and work from there. I had about 170 before all these pets came out. Some people believe the "max" is 200 ATM, but still waiting on a response on that :(

Yeah. What I'd do is count up how many abilities you believe you have right now and work from there. I had about 170 before all these pets came out. Some people believe the "max" is 200 ATM, but still waiting on a response on that :(

Is BioWare even aware that this is an issue? I mean do they look into this thread or are there other threads just about the amount of abilities one can have? Do they want me to stop buying their stuff, because I cannot use it at some point?

Is BioWare even aware that this is an issue? I mean do they look into this thread or are there other threads just about the amount of abilities one can have? Do they want me to stop buying their stuff, because I cannot use it at some point?

1. I know I sent in an e-mail and many people have done bug reports/tickets.

2. Plus, people who have had this issue and lost their pet/mount have been able to have them returned.

I know this has also happened before and since then, the ability amount was increased so... Just hoping it gets further fixed.

Just whenever you learn a new pet or a new mount, check your ability list after and look for both the pet/mount you just added and your first pet/mount.

It just happened to me and I'm flippiing out! Deset Nekarr Cat consumed but not learned!

"You already have this pet" message showed.

Item gone, pet deployed for me, but no addition to the pet list as an ability

Could you count all your abilities? class, advanced class, legacy, speeders and pets. I'd like to know what's the exact cap.

But still the very idea of ability cap is ridiculous. They must remove it completely or at the very least double it.

What's the point in buying pets or speeders from the cartel market if you can't learn them?

Could you count all your abilities? class, advanced class, legacy, speeders and pets. I'd like to know what's the exact cap.

But still the very idea of ability cap is ridiculous. They must remove it completely or at the very least double it.

What's the point in buying pets or speeders from the cartel market if you can't learn them?

Yeah, Slopster, if you could count up all your abilities, that would be great x-x Do counts with and without counting each "rank" separately.

Yeah :/ I don't understand the point of the cap at all. I mean, everything has a cap in the programming, but the credits cap is like 200 billion or something so I don't know why the ability cap is so low. Heck, we'll be getting new skills when Makeb comes out. What happens then?

Yeah, Slopster, if you could count up all your abilities, that would be great x-x Do counts with and without counting each "rank" separately.

Yeah :/ I don't understand the point of the cap at all. I mean, everything has a cap in the programming, but the credits cap is like 200 billion or something so I don't know why the ability cap is so low. Heck, we'll be getting new skills when Makeb comes out. What happens then?

We will either not be able to learn new abilities or we will lose a pet by doing so (I hope not).

Anyway I counted my abilities with 41 pets:

Ability Count: 163

General----------8

Jedi Knight----26

Guardian------19

Legacy---------15

Vehicles-------54

Pets------------41

Since then I have bought 7 new pets and learned 4 of them (haven't tried learning the rest) so I can say that it is possible have at least 167 abilities, but it would still be very nice to know the exact cap.

Was this some sort of coding shortcut or something?

I don't know maybe.... maybe if there was no limit it might cause some glitches or something, but the cap must be in the thousands, not hundreds. I've heard this has happened before during 1.2, but since then they increased the cap. But now seeing how cartel market keeps spamming pets by the hordes, they must really increase the cap significantly.

Edited by Aelther