Best Storyline: Reverse-Alignment PvE Healer Class (?)

Endtropic

I did the IA storyline fully-dark and the JK storyline fully-light. Though they were very good, I felt a serious lack of satisfaction about riding on the "rails," like I was playing a linear story when there were actually other actions.

So, of the healer classes (I want a PvE Healer char, preferably one with good early companions for the playstyle), which has the most satisfying reverse-alignment (or grey) "feel" to the storyline/dialogue? LS/Grey Inquisitor or DS/Grey Consular?

I want my decisions to feel like they make sense and congruently affect the reactions, story, and dialogue in general. Bonus points if I can somehow pull off a "full force" (ie, true wisdom has both yin and yang) -style force user like Kreia from KOTOR II. Is it the DS/Grey Consular or the LS/Grey Inquisitor who will feel more like a fully-realized rebellion to the main story thread? I would love to be able to subvert either Council or really follow a divergent path.

I did the IA storyline fully-dark and the JK storyline fully-light. Though they were very good, I felt a serious lack of satisfaction about riding on the "rails," like I was playing a linear story when there were actually other actions.

So, of the healer classes (I want a PvE Healer char, preferably one with good early companions for the playstyle), which has the most satisfying reverse-alignment (or grey) "feel" to the storyline/dialogue? LS/Grey Inquisitor or DS/Grey Consular?

I want my decisions to feel like they make sense and congruently affect the reactions, story, and dialogue in general. Bonus points if I can somehow pull off a "full force" (ie, true wisdom has both yin and yang) -style force user like Kreia from KOTOR II. Is it the DS/Grey Consular or the LS/Grey Inquisitor who will feel more like a fully-realized rebellion to the main story thread? I would love to be able to subvert either Council or really follow a divergent path.

As far as my experience with the Republic side goes,

DS Scoundrel is very satisfying. Violent, murderous, charming criminal thing. DS Commando, is also convincing. Corrupt officer who milks every bit of authority that he has. Thug-in-uniform.

DS Sage sounds inconsistent and stupid on more than several occasions. I suppose there can be a convincing Grey playthrough - a more selfish path, by which they do not sacrifice their strength to save another, they lie, they murder, they amass political influence, coercing people to their wishes. But full DS comes across as a stupid bully, and little more.

Empire experience suggests that LS Agent is perfectly believable, LS Mercenary is ok (if a bit boring), and LS Sorcerer is also OK, but nowhere as satisfactory as DS (just for the sadistic intonations in his voice).

Bounty hunter (merc) heals kind of works as light side: 3/5 of your companions are typically light sided, and playing light sided is like you are honouring Brayden's memory, and acting as a professional, instead of being a giant douche.

Though some dark side options were too good to pass off...

LS Sorcerer plays very well in my experience- so well, in fact that I have yet to go back and get around to playing it Dark simply because I just feel too sorry for my character going that route.

LS though seems to give them just a little bit of independence from the life that's been chosen for them by everyone else that they encounter. (Won't go any further then that but if you decide to go with a LS sorcerer, you'll see what I mean very early on).

Anyway, your opinion might be different but that's just my experience. :cool:

DS Sage sounds inconsistent and stupid on more than several occasions.

Yep. The dark side choices don't fit this class at all and are rarely acknowledged. It's obvious that light side is the 'default.'

That said, I played a pure light side female sage and pretended that she was an utter sociopath who saw herself as pure, perfect savor. It fit wonderfully, though I doubt that's what the writers intended.

Empire experience suggests that LS Agent is perfectly believable...

This is true. Lightside with a handful of darkside choices tossed in works. Grey works as well.

-- Maria

Edited by MCaliban

The nice thing about the Agent storyline is that whether you do all light, all dark, or grey with light or dark leaning, the character doesn't feel like a caricature. An all dark IA is ruthless, but not a bloodthirsty murderer who will torture you as soon as look at you, and an all light IA is still a deadly and dangerous person you'd be foolish to cross. A grey IA doesn't feel inconsistent, but is someone who understands each action has consequences.

Personally, I went grey for the beginning but started picking more and more dark options after [retracted] to reflect the mental trauma my IA suffered.

Edited by MCaliban