A Long Forgotten Evil

Seipherwood

I beat my head against this guy for about an hour and finally gave up. As a Rage Spec'd Juggernaut, he is impossible to beat. I simply do not have enough interrupts to keep his spells in check.

If this quest is indeed soloable, he needs to be toned down a bit. Otherwise, label it +2

Soloed him as a Vengence Juggernaut. I don't think I have any more interupts than you would.

Had trouble with him and then I remembered I had Saber Ward and Call on the Force(which I hadn't used with my Juggernaut) and then beat him on my next run.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a sorcerer, I'm finding this IMPOSSIBLE.

This fight DESPERATELY needs a tweak.

I completely skipped this guy. Flat out have not finished the planet yet. I completed the Voss BONUS quest and have started Corellia before beating this guy. How messed up is that, Bioware? How messed up is that?

• 3 weeks later...

As a tank-spec level 48 Powertech, he kicks my butt. I don't even get him to half health before I melt, and this is with using Mako and medpacs.

He's one of only two bosses so far that I've felt are almost impossible. (The other was Reiki on Belsavis, 'Target Rich Environment') This guy needs a nerf desperately, because he's actually harder than the final boss in the class quest storyline.

First you are late, in the post just above yours i told i killed him with another player.

Second, I am not Jugg, Marauders dont have a Backhand ability which i am unfamiliar with anyway.

As a Marauder, you have 5 abilities to stop his cast. You have 2 very good cds and an amazing burst

As a sorcerer, I'm finding this IMPOSSIBLE.

This fight DESPERATELY needs a tweak.

I completely skipped this guy. Flat out have not finished the planet yet. I completed the Voss BONUS quest and have started Corellia before beating this guy. How messed up is that, Bioware? How messed up is that?

As a sorc, this fight should be incredibly easy for you. I soloed him at 46 on my sorc,47 on my Mara,46 on my PT and needed some help on my IA heals.

Sorcs have so many interrupts this fight should be no problem for you,especially as Madness but Lightning is easy too.

For the classes with fewer interrupts, you need to prioritize which of his abilities you should be using your interrupts on. If you didn't interrupt his Lightning storm, make sure to put your companion on passive and run out of the AOE. When he is finished, put companion back on attack and wade back in. Don't forget abilities like Call on the Force and this fight should be a lot easier.

• 3 weeks later...
I tried this several times on my healer agent and failed, found the posts about LoS and easily beat him. just use the LoS of the pillars to supplement your interrupts and you'll be fine

I figured out why he's insanely difficult, finally. It seems that a lot of NPC bosses, that were balanced for pre-nerf player classes during beta were never re-balanced after the nerfs. LT Marcovic was another one, during the JK mission on Ord Mantell. Same with Vessex Ulgo, Darth Angral, etc. Basically, if you run into one of the "sheer luck" bosses, it's because BioWare didn't do their due dilligence when it came to that. Yes, ol' Sel IS beatable as long as you have a mobile class that doesn't rely on sitting in one spot. Snipers absolutely have to bring a friend. Oh, and if he uses his multi-target Force Choke on you and your companion, be ready for him to use his nuke right afterward. Edited by Captain_Zone

I found this fight insanely hard as a level 49 Assassin - at first. I died about 8 times last night, using both Ashara and Andrikos but it could have something to do with the fact that it was after 3AM and I was dead tired.

Today, I tried it with Khem Val and defeated him on the first try without too much difficulty. Maybe I was tired the first time after all. Definitely the hardest boss fight Ive ran into so far though.

Anyway, it's important to interrupt at the right moments, and even then its hard as he uses hard hitting attacks faster than your CD's finish. I guess you just have to find the right pattern; it might take a few tries (or more) to get it but its certainly possible. I guess I should welcome the occasional challenge, even if it was unintentional on BW's part.

• 4 weeks later...
If you just use the LOS trick around the pillars right next to the stairs (that's the entrance to the platform he's standing on) you can kill him with literally no dmg done to you. I'm a powertech bounty hunter and I just LOSed him around one pillar while just doing dmg when he wasn't casting anything, and when he puts down his aoe, just run to the other pillar, just as long as you prioritize LOSing his casts before you do dmg, you should be able to drop him pretty easily. Oh, and keep by using your basic attack or something since you don't really want him killing your companion. I used the healing one to keep my health topped off if I ever got hit with something random.

It is a very good strategy thank you! Worked like a charm :) Even after he killed my comp I managed to bring him down easily.

I went thru this mission again with my powertech tank, and to my slight surprise he also manhandled my tank relatively easily.

I found however a key for beating him: Just keep moving, since most of his attacks are targeted aoes. It was surprisingly easy once you wont get caught in thunderous blast/force storm targeting reticules.

Edited by Karkais

Also had huge problems with my (1st character, so yes, I'm still some kind of a nub to the game :D) Marauder @lvl45&carnage tree&Jaesa DPS.

Except for Choke, I never paid any real attention to the interrupts, as they were just not necessary up to this point. But thanks to this thread I now appreciate them a lot more.

Without Disruption, Smash and Roar he frankly put, made me his b*tch, but WITH the use of those interrupts plus Choke, "I didn't even breake a sweat" to quote the Sith warrior. ;)

So thanks to those in this thread pointing out the interrupts. The rest that was mentioned like companions etc. really is not so much worth noting.

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

I had trouble with him, until I figured out that the key is using my interrupts. Still, I had to ask for help a random dude on my server just to be sure. We managed to beat him, but he was one of the toughest bosses I've dealt with. He's actually more dangerous than the possesed Voice later on.

I had trouble with him, until I figured out that the key is using my interrupts. Still, I had to ask for help a random dude on my server just to be sure. We managed to beat him, but he was one of the toughest bosses I've dealt with. He's actually more dangerous than the possesed Voice later on.

That's because he's still balanced for tougher player classes. BioWare is a great development group, but they DO need a bit more consistency with their boss mobs in the game. Some Elites are so easy, I can hit 3 buttons and beat them without issue. Others are so hard that I move around like mad, kite them like a b****, and they still almost beat me. And sometimes, like with Sel, we have to use.... ahem... creative tactics. Even then, each Elite has usually 3 AI scripts that run during fights. I call them "Easy", "Medium", and "OMG YOU ******* LIAR!!!!" which is what I was shouting at Sel after the first five times he bent me over in record time. Much to the annoyance of my lady. :p

Now, I must also retract what I said earlier about the Sniper needing to bring a friend. I actually used ALL my Interrupts on him and got right up on him to deal out some melee knife attacks. He's definitely weak against kinetic damage. Also, I moved around a lot, used my Balistic Dampeners every time I hit F to crouch in place, and was able to turn the tables on him. Man, I STILL HATED that fight, even though I won this time. If you aren't perfect on interrupts and controlling him as much as possible, he WILL take advantage of any opening you give him and bend you over for some rough stuff. Not fun. And seriously, that multi-target choke has GOT TO GO!

• 1 month later...

I just beat this on my level 45 Deception spec'ed Sith Assassin. I rotated through all my cooldowns. I started off with Electrocute and then hit my Heroic Moment to bring it back up. Then I cycled through Low Slash, Overload, and Jolt. I saved my second Electrocute for the inevitable time when he did another cast right after an interrupt and my others were on cool-down. I also tried to hang out near the pillars and used them to LOS one cast.

I also used Talos as my companion. He occasionally froze him in place and bought me a little extra DPS time.

Took my quite a few tries to get the cycling down. I had tried to use Whirlwind also, but my reflexes aren't quite fast enough to be able to catch him in time.

Just keep at it, and you can get it.

This is seriously the saddest thing ive ever heard.......

First off, this fight is 110% about INTERUPTING.......not your cooldowns, INTERUPTING..

Ive solo'd this fight on my Sith Assassin and Juggernaut

Its not about having "your bestest companionzorrz!"

Seriously, if you cant beat him, ignore all the fail above...

Find your interupt skills / short term CC's / etc

For juggernaut it i start like this;

Hit him, he starts to cast, Force Push....saber throw, scream OH hes casting, charge, interupted, ravage him, hes casting again!!! force choke, more slashing and hacking, at this point im at about 80% and hes around 30%....

OH KNOES! more casting! Disruption! (notice this is the FIRST time ive used my actual DISRUPT.........hes now around 20-15% by now, lotsa screaming, crushing blow, smash, etc, OH NO HES MAKING A LAST DITCH TO CAST SOME BADDIE STUFF !!!

BACKhanded like a little girl, ravage him, good night, thanks for coming (throughout this fight as a lvl 45 Juggernaut using JAESA (not healing companion) i never even used one of my defensive cooldowns, so to the newb saying its about cooldowns and companions, go L2Play

Id do a run down for the assassin really quick but id have to change chars to remember the proper names for the skills, but this fight really is candy from a baby easy.....

GO LEARN YOUR INTERUPT ABILITIES!!!!!

not everyone plays immortal tank spec. So not everyone has "force grip" (unchanneled force choke) or backhand. For those that do, sure, its easy, but what about marauders? Assassins have lots of interrupts too, but no all classes do. so telling ppl to L2P is childish and rude.

anyway, I always ask for help with this or wait until I'm 50. after my first try on this guy, I dont even bother soloing him until 50 unless I'm an immortal tank or something. @ 50 he is no problem.

Ugh, I hated this guy. I forgot what level I was at my last attempt, but I just gave up on it. Now I'm literally 3 quests away from dinging 50 on my Marauder, but I am still enjoying seeing how others did it.

im shocked at how many ppl had such a tough time. sure its a tough fight, but thats it, a tough fight. let him force storm. simply move away. interupt thundering blast or you die. o look another force storm? MOVE AWAY AND LET HIM CAST IT. and its clear many swtor players never played wow. or you would all understand and know how to line of sight a mob/boss. learn this and ur golden

He was quite easy when I did him at first, but I did my lvling with a friend. When I came back with another character, solo, he was really difficult. By far the most difficult solo boss, including my storyline boss.

I was a mercenary when I did him solo. Took 3-4try. Beat him using LOS and self healing.

I don't really mind a difficult boss from time to time. I welcome a challenge, since everything else is easy.

not everyone plays immortal tank spec. So not everyone has "force grip" (unchanneled force choke) or backhand. For those that do, sure, its easy, but what about marauders? Assassins have lots of interrupts too, but no all classes do. so telling ppl to L2P is childish and rude.

anyway, I always ask for help with this or wait until I'm 50. after my first try on this guy, I dont even bother soloing him until 50 unless I'm an immortal tank or something. @ 50 he is no problem.

My marauder is only 28 and not played a ton, but marauders have at least 2 abilities that can interrupt. With the los and running away from the aoe attack, that's all you need. (the actual interrupt and force choke interrupts too). If your interrupts aren't up you need to choose which tough attack you are going to eat if you can't los in time. I wouldn't be as rude as some of the guys here, but you have to use your skills with more thought as apposed to just random button mashing. (Ie save some of your attacks and don't blow the cooldowns needlessly.)

I appreciate tough encounters myself, much more satisfying when you beat them. I hope they don't retune the tougher fights to make them easy.