Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

It is indeed amazing how much more fun an MMO (just about any MMO) is when you hook up with a good guild. :)

It's definitely not easy finding people you mesh with and I had been looking for a long time, but it was worth the wait! Ops are so much fun and I'm glad I'm finally experiencing them :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting in behalf of a a friend:

I came back to SWTOR convinced him to play again

We checked the Friend invite infos and thought it was better for him to invite me.

As he was moving to my server and as such creating a new character he would benefit from getting a speeder and some CC

=> He's missing his main character, maxed out crew skills, legacy unlocks and gear/ credits.

The issue being we both totally missed the "One Complimentary Character Transfer" entry otherwise we would have done it the opposite way and he would still be playing.

What would have been nice is if we could reverse the friend invite or say transfer my free character transfer to his account. So he cancelled.

For me it's simple. I am a PVE guy and I haven't seen anything new and exciting since RoHC:

- Galactic Starfighter is PvP

- The new Tactical FPs are a good step but that's too little and Oricon is too tiny

- Galactic Stronghold is household decoration. I don't even understand how this can interest people...

I'd like new planet(s), new FPs, new stories, new female companions - that I can romance and who can tank or heal - new dailies and new weeklies with epic and awesome looking armor to grind!

Edited by Juriel

I'm within a couple of weeks of my 6-mo subscription expiring, and I don't really see any point in continuing to log in to the game or these forums. So I'll just leave with this.

I've been a subscriber since early access, persevered through the dark days of 2012 with barren servers and consolidations, through class nerfs and buffs, guild mergers and collapses, and the F2P transition. This was my first MMO, and where I learnt what "dont break CC noob!" meant, and that I shouldn't stand in fire but should interrupt on occasion. I went from not being able to DPS my way out of a paper bag (not that I realized how badly I sucked then), to being able to raid at fairly competent levels as either tank, dps, or heals. While none of the teams I was ever involved in were going after world, server or faction firsts (we all had lives to attend to after all), they were all great raiders and we made great progress for the 6-10 hours/wk we would spend in our scheduled raids.

I will leave 11 level 55 characters with somewhere around 2000 hours total time played to gather dust. I will check out what happens in the expansion due late this year, but since I don't play multiple games very well, I'd probably only come back if I am not actively playing something else at that time.

I am leaving because:

1. A lack of new, interesting PvE content.

We used to wait 6 to 8 months between new operations releases. Now we wait the same amount of time just for a nightmare mode of a previous operation. We have gone longer periods before seeing a NiM version of an op, I believe TfB took around 9 months. But in TfB's case, both EC NIM and S&V HM/SM were released during that 9 month window, not to mention the rest of RotHC.

Flashpoints used to be able to fill the voids when we were not running operations. I have fond memories of running Kaon for the first time, and the ecstatic relief of finally clearing Lost Island well over a month after it hit live. Even before that, Directive 7 HM was making life hell for PuGs. But now all I see are faceroll tactical flashpoints, without any real challenge or chance of failure even at launch.

Going 12 to 14 months between new operations releases might work for other games. Heck, it might even be normal in completely F2P games. But it isn't worth maintaining a subscription for.

2. Too many friends have moved on

Most of the people I started raiding with have moved on. One by one, quarter by quarter, I've watched the people I enjoyed raiding with get burnt out, bored, disillusioned, etc and disappear. While guilds and teams have merged, and new friends have replaced old ones, I still miss my old teammates. And every time someone leaves the game and a replacement has to be found, I am reminded of everyone else that has left and saddened.

3. Wildstar

One of my closest friends that I met in this game is moving on to Wildstar, and got me interested in it as well. I've been playing every weekend they let me, and greatly enjoy it overall. The idea of 20- and 40-man raids is a bit intimidating since most of my raiding has been in 8-mans here. But being able to make a fresh start in a new game is very appealing to me right now.

For me I tend to float in and out of games, I play for a while, get burned out, then return.

I don't see any point in rage quiting because of item or build changes, its a MMO, you knew it was coming, anyone who signs up knows that this game, as well as others, are always being changed, for better or worse, its the way the game is.

Who would still be playing this if it was exactly the same as it was at launch? I might have revisted once, maybe twice, but it wouldn't still be selling subs or making money.

I guess my one, and only reason I leave a game, is that I get bored, I have 16 toons to manage, I've been playing since launch, I get burned out, that easy, that simple, but I always come back, for me its always worth returning to see the new things they have cooked up.

Posting in behalf of a a friend:

I came back to SWTOR convinced him to play again

We checked the Friend invite infos and thought it was better for him to invite me.

As he was moving to my server and as such creating a new character he would benefit from getting a speeder and some CC

=> He's missing his main character, maxed out crew skills, legacy unlocks and gear/ credits.

The issue being we both totally missed the "One Complimentary Character Transfer" entry otherwise we would have done it the opposite way and he would still be playing.

What would have been nice is if we could reverse the friend invite or say transfer my free character transfer to his account. So he cancelled.

He read the promotion incorrectly, he made the mistake, he wants to undo what he did and because he can't, he QUIT? That's... pretty ridiculous.

He read the promotion incorrectly, he made the mistake, he wants to undo what he did and because he can't, he QUIT? That's... pretty ridiculous.

lol thats not the most ridiculous reason i have read for unsubbing though.....

^^ :)

But... people are free to quit for whatever reason they choose. Some are just more entertaining then others about it.

Edited by Andryah

• 2 months later...
You still haven't fixed one of the worst problems you have. You punish people for being social. You refuse to set up a level matching system. You punish the friends of people who will subscribe because their friends can't all do so. Because of this key members of my guild lost interest. Your losing my business is strictly because of the way you attack those of my friends who because of college, being single parents, etc. cannot always afford to pay. Their loss of experience and access to missions is why they quit playing. You ran them off. Now, I no longer have a reason to subscribe.

You punish people for being social.

No, they reward people for grouping with 'Social Points' and 'Social Levels' that can be used to purchase eye candy.

You refuse to set up a level matching system.

No, FPs are level - restricted in that a level 55 won't get matched with a level 11 in Black Talon. If that's not your cup of tea there are tactical FPs where 15-54 can mix and match freely.

You punish the friends of people who will subscribe because their friends can't all do so.

No, as this board has demonstrated, subscribers get benefits for their $15/month. As an aside, if that amount is onerous, you might want to reconsider some things.

Because of this key members of my guild lost interest.

I'll take your word for this.

Your losing my business is strictly because of the way you attack those of my friends who because of college, being single parents, etc. cannot always afford to pay.

In college I worked two minimum wage jobs, did ROTC (basically a third job) and received a degree in Biochemistry. It can be done, but you need to prioritize.

Their loss of experience and access to missions is why they quit playing.

From whatt missions are people barred /blocked ?

You ran them off

No, they chose not to play.

Now, I no longer have a reason to subscribe.

1) I wish you well in life's endeavors.

2) Can I have your stuff?

Well, I once again unsubscribed. I might resub if something else catches my interest before it runs out. Here are the reasons this time.

Since there seem to be some folks lurking in this thread this time that wish to respond to posts that do not require responses, I will put in his clear disclaimer....

THIS IS MY OPINION. The reason that I have unsubbed, which is exactly what the thread is asking for. If you agree or do not agree with my reasons, your approval, support or lack thereof is irrelevant.

1) Disappointing design of Strongholds

2) Bugs and poor CG sequences

3) Poor crafting

4) Disappointing design of GSF

I might still resub if I decide the utility of Legacy Storage warrants it.

Note that the list is MUCH smaller than it was in the past. That stands as a testament to the skills of the current team IMO.

Well, I once again unsubscribed. I might resub if something else catches my interest before it runs out. Here are the reasons this time.

Since there seem to be some folks lurking in this thread this time that wish to respond to posts that do not require responses, I will put in his clear disclaimer....

THIS IS MY OPINION. The reason that I have unsubbed, which is exactly what the thread is asking for. If you agree or do not agree with my reasons, your approval, support or lack thereof is irrelevant.

1) Disappointing design of Strongholds

2) Bugs and poor CG sequences

3) Poor crafting

4) Disappointing design of GSF

I might still resub if I decide the utility of Legacy Storage warrants it.

Note that the list is MUCH smaller than it was in the past. That stands as a testament to the skills of the current team IMO.

I am just waiting to see how the Legacy Storage works out myself. I have done all classes including advance. It is a good game but Class story is why I bought the game. I like crafting second and it is piss poor. When you try to get mats that require missions and all you get is frelling gifts for your choice. Give me a break. We will see in another month.

I like crafting second and it is piss poor. When you try to get mats that require missions and all you get is frelling gifts for your choice. Give me a break.

You know you that every time you get on or off your starship, it re-rolls the missions, right? Dedicated crafters do this all the time just to get the profitable Bountiful and Rich missions they want.

*being argumentative*

Gezzz kid what is it with you?

The guy wrote his reasons and they are HIS REASONS

Hes not looking for your approval

And on a numbver of them you once again completely fail to understand what mechanic he is talking about because you lack any real MMORPG experience or knowledge in the genre (and please dont once again bring up how you played WOW because your only validating the point I just made, and you dont even gasp that simple truth)

The guy wrote HIS reasons and there is no correct or incorrect answer when saying why you leave a game.

They are HIS REASONS.

Gezzzz, get a grip already

You know you that every time you get on or off your starship, it re-rolls the missions, right? Dedicated crafters do this all the time just to get the profitable Bountiful and Rich missions they want.

that or he could run bountiful / rich lockbox missions when the bountiful resource mission not available.

The lock box missions return with wealthy and Propsperous missions for different crafts which ENSURE the high end resource Well is looking for. Just he wants the mission avaiable all the time. Sometimes you do need to go about getting what you want in a different manner.

Only resource Im always short of is grade 3 Underworld high end metal and grade 3 treasure hunting high end (Krayt Dragon Pearls). For some reason grade 3 seems to be a ultra rare resource in crafting. Rest of stuff I have at least 198 of each in storage for my crafters (450 on every craft and gathering skill)

that or he could run bountiful / rich lockbox missions when the bountiful resource mission not available.

The lock box missions return with wealthy and Propsperous missions for different crafts which ENSURE the high end resource Well is looking for. Just he wants the mission avaiable all the time. Sometimes you do need to go about getting what you want in a different manner.

Only resource Im always short of is grade 3 Underworld high end metal and grade 3 treasure hunting high end (Krayt Dragon Pearls). For some reason grade 3 seems to be a ultra rare resource in crafting. Rest of stuff I have at least 198 of each in storage for my crafters (450 on every craft and gathering skill)

Really is that the deal. The fact that I have crafted my own 156 gear for 22 chrs that must be it. That is everything. Ips,barrels,hilts mods,enchants,armor,augs and ear. That doesn't include their gear as they level up. Just a note. Link where I said I expected high end resources every time.

Funny how timing works, I found a guild that I really click with few days after I cancelled my sub and have been raiding ever since. I can't believe how much fun I'm having (even through the frustrating wipes) and how much better this game is for me.

Yup, a new guild saved the game for me. It's about the people you share the game with.

Why I've been sticking around for this long

I really enjoyed the game the first year or so but after that I've felt that things have gone downhill. The thing that has kept me around is my wonky nightshift schedule. I have a bunch of time off when there's no one to do stuff with and since I don't enjoy tele and can't work out all the time I'm spending some of that time on games. Or make that game, because I'm almost never keeping more than one game in rotation. So why not simply switch to another game? That's the thing, I've been looking forward to Destiny for years now but the launch, this September, came latter than I initially expected. There's been nothing els on my radar and with all the time I've invested in this game already I havent been prepared to move on to another game that may or may not be of my liking.

Why I am leaving

As mentioned above, I'm leaving for another game, a game I've been looking forward to for a long time and one that currently has an on-going Beta that I enjoy. This is not just a "wildstar" hype kind of thing. I have one of the oldest accounts on B.net and I've been an avid Halo player for almost a decade. Hence, I'm going back to where I belong and want to be. Swtor was just something I spent time on between Halo Reach and Destiny.

You can't have my stuff!

Edited by MidichIorian

Bought the game at launch. Then was bored to tears and left for a year or so. New WZ's and Makeb story quest was added so i came back. I should add that Makeb was nicely done. 2nd best environment imo. Anyhow, I experienced frequent pc restart/shutdown while playing(Happens anywhere, fleet, Wz's) so I just unsubbed with about 2 weeks left on sub and before completing Makeb. Keep the change.

I cant even properly run this software now. No idea whats happened to this game since. And no, its not my pc. No other software does this. Not GW2, not Terra, not Crysis, not Skyrim. Will i be back? who knows. If both I and TOR are still around in a year and the problem is fixed, perhaps. Bye.

Edited by RaulTheConquerer

I unsubbed for a few months. Did end up coming back, but might unsub again.

When I did unsub, I went preferred and unlocked a bunch to play for free, but spent far less time with the game.

My Top 5 Reasons for leaving the game:

1) Far and away, the sheer lack of new story content released. Hasn't been a decent story since Makeb. That's not to say a decent story needs to be tied to a new planet or a level increase - even just a quest line that's faction based and updated every 2 months with a new leg to serve as a bridge between planet expansions and story content would be appreciated. And No, I don't consider Operations or Flashpoints story content, because that is end game raiding content with story elements - story content reflects the class stories and Makeb.

2) HORRIBLE release schedules. No consistency, and when something is released, its released over a 3 month span, making it feel like they are trying to fill in the gaps and seem busier than they are - would much prefer to wait until everything is done, and release it all at once. Related, the 3 month at a time for major releases gets so overhyped that by the third month, it wears thin. The point of hype is to build to a singular release. Dragging it out feels forced and pathetic.

3) Incomplete Operation Releases. Building off of point 2, it is idiotic to release just the story mode and hard mode of an operation, and then release the nightmare mode at a later date while hawking that as deserving of its own update. Overselling things that should have just been included with the original release of said item is just pathetic.

4) Communication. If I could sum up Bioware's Communication in a sentence, it would be this: "Worst communication out of every major and most minor MMOs." The communication is terrible. The lack of belief and lack of hype in Bioware's own product is discouraging, and it is especially discouraging when it seems like its done partially to avoid being criticized by the forum goers. Bioware's marketing Dpts needs to man up.

5) See Point 1. Can't stress enough how much the lack of revisiting what made the journey from 1-50 so much fun impacts my sub. Its the #1 key.

Terribly sorry, but dedicated crafters don't play TOR. Anyone calling themselves a 'dedicated crafter' on TOR is living a magnificent delusion, and look to real dedicated crafters like autistics with tricycles peddling their little hearts out in circles, thinking they're NASCAR champions.

If you like slot machines, TOR crafting is for you. Pull the lever, see if your 20% or 10% RE chance pops! Pull the lever, see if your companions bring you the crap you need!

Oh, so sorry, contestant! Better luck on your next spin!

Dedicated crafters. Lawl. Just lawl.

Anyway, crafting on here is at least two of the arbitrary five reasons I've left for months before.

What TOR does well, it does very well, and it does story well. They're not always the greatest stories, but they're generally done to my idea of pretty well. That keeps TOR on my 'I'll be back, eventually' list when I do wander off.

That's about it though. Raiding? I've been down that alley before in other games and I've strolled down it some on this one. There's never anything new down that alley, and the mugging never changes. I don't care for raiding or the raid scene or much of anything to do with it anymore, and I probably never will again.

Groupfinder's good. It'd probably be better if they cross-server'd it, because its really just no fun putzing for an entire evening waiting for a queue to pop on a dps char and never having one pop. I don't have that problem so much on my tanks or healer, but since nothing's account bound to speak of, tokens I want to collect on my DPS chars, I kinda can't most of the time, because the queues never pop.

They make lots of chores, and I can't even do them half the time no matter how willing I might be because of reasons. So there's strike the third for why I often wander off to other games.

Honestly, I'm running out of class stories to plink through too. I have smuggler and agent left.

There will be absolutely no reason for me to play this game ever again when I'm done with those, I suspect. Not unless housing turns out amazing and 3.0 revolutionizes many things.

Oh well.

Edited by Uruare

My 5 reasons may be reduced to just 1:

I find the game great as it is now. It has space missions, it has PvP, it has Warzones, it has Galactic Starfighter, it has lost of PvE content, and it seems we are gonna get housing and guild flagships. Totally loving that.

But I won't be returning as a subscriber due to the lack of storyline class missions. I purchased RotHC hoping the "main" mission will continue and would bring more cutscenes, more companion dialogues, unique storyline class missions for every different class... and I was totally dissapointed, finding a generic story mission, no companions stuff, no dialogues. Just more and more dailies from a terminal. THAT killed the game for me. I'm not returning and paying anything on SWTOR as long as this kind of content is coming up. Remove companion interactions and story missions and this game is absolutely pointless for me.

It really comes down to the lack of content.

I know that there is no way the development team can keep up with the demand for content. Basic business model would have this as a good thing people want content we provide content and charge then 15 bucks a month which they are happy to pay cause we are supplying something they want. Additional content we can sell in the CC market which those that want more will also be happy to pay for.

Instead its hard to see much new content coming to ToR. It doesn't have to be new planets, it doesn't even have to be new NPCs. A few new quests a few new lines of VO and people are happy till the next big expansion. But instead it seem very very little is added and often with such a massive gap between additional content that should there be a story its hard to remember what it was or know why you should care.

As for what we can look forward to well for the last few months Galactic Strong Holds has been hyped to hell. Maybe not intentionally but when its the only thing worth talking about (lets face it 2.8 was a joke as far as updates go a slot machine really) it gets hyped. And when it arrives and turns out to be 36 rooms you can drop things in as the new content its not really much for furthering the galactic war or personal story or offers much for people other than the interior designers among us. Its not even as if we can build communities aka SWG. They are instanced flats and to add to this Guild Strong Holds are a flat on a planet. I hope the Star Ships will be far far better but even so after months of waiting will it be enough. From what we have seen no. Content will be redoing things you have already done multiple times to unlock chairs to put round a table. I just don't see it as creating a compelling reason to log in.

So in short BW need to start with content updates that aren't nightmare modes of content that has already been played to death or furniture that requires you to play through content played to death.

I've unsubbed twice due to the Tracer Missile animation change, though I keep coming back in the hope that it will be changed back.

So you unsubbed because BW changed an animation that had you spending half your time looking like you were suffering from severe intestinal distress.

And then resubbed to see if it had changed back instead of just, you know, logging in?

Stay awesome man.