A question involving " HK-51 "

Sydnee_Steele

I'm almost certain I'll catch heat for this from various forum members do to my question's subject matter but asking CS about it always results in the same " Copy and Paste vague PR response " .

Upon launch of SWTOR they ( the Dev team...I assume ) announced that there would be "Same Sex" companions. I know that the announcement of this didn't sit well with various parental groups and some others to say the least. Since then there's been zero mention of this and with the announcement of " HK-51 " at E3 this year I was wondering if Bioware/EA and the Dev team abandoned the whole idea of the "Same Sex" companion for the player.

I'm only asking because I have a vested interest in this do to my lifestyle of which is NOT easy for me to admit on a forum of all places but since I can't get a solid answer on this subject from anyone ( if there is one ) I thought I'd ask the SWTOR community.

( I'm very sorry if the subject matter of my question offends anyone )

I wouldn't think that they have abandoned their plans to include it. I'm sure they are working on it, but there are more pressing matters that require more attention atm, like rated WZs, Group Finder, additional content, etc.

And I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for same sex romance options with existing companions. They will probably introduce that with new companions down the road with an expansion or something.

I highly doubt they have abandoned the idea because of some minor backlash from the conservative community. Just look at their previous games for example. Both dragon age games and the mass effect games had same sex romance options. Even the original KOTOR touched on the subject with Juhani and fem Revan.

I agree with you on the history of "Same Sex" options being in the past games but it seems like the most modern of them have really downplayed it into a vague action. Take for example Dragon Age: Origins and the first Mass Effect. When EA took over Bioware it really seemed downplayed into a vague action compared to those games and I think Mass Effect 3 is a great example of this considering how they played out a long standing "Same Sex" relationship in that game.

I do hope something is done on this subject but if not I guess I'd understand on why they may have dropped the whole idea.