Class inspirations

UlfricStormcloak

I was just curious as to what people's thoughts were regarding the inspirations behind the 8 character classes, in terms of both personality and combat style. I know some devs have specifically stated some, while others are heavily implied and others more ambiguous. Here's my take:

Republic -

Jedi Knight: Obi-Wan Kenobi/Mace Windu

Jedi Consular: Qui-Gon Jinn/Yoda

Republic Trooper: Commander Cody/Commander Shepard

Smuggler: Han Solo/Malcom Reynolds

Empire -

Sith Warrior: Darth Vader

Sith Inquisitor: Emperor Palpatine/Darth Maul

Imperial Agent: Grand Moff Tarkin/James Bond

Bounty Hunter: Jango and Boba Fett

Thoughts?

I agree with most of them, but I'd put Maul with Vader and put Dooku with Palpatine, because one of the main things the Sith Inquisitor uses is Lightning, while Maul's attacks were more physical. Dooku, when he did launch an attack that wasn't with a lightsaber, he used the Force. Lightning, crushing the base of the generator to crash it down on the Duo, cracking the ceiling to bring it down on Yoda, etc. Palpatine used a lightsaber against the Council members and somewhat against Yoda, but again his main attacks were with the Force.

And I agree that the Knight is more Anakin Skywalker, but Mace Windu also belongs there. The Consular is more Obi-Wan and Yoda.

I agree on your points with the Smuggler, Bounty Hunters, and Troopers.

IA is one of those that pretty much screams its connotations of James Bond. It helps that you've got an Australian or British VA for the Agent.

Also while Qui-Gon's mentality may fit with the consular, quite a few knight abilities were modelled on him, such as introspection (the health regen ability which is pretty much when he's waiting for the energy shields to open to continue fighting Maul) and the back-hand strike ability come to mind.

Their Darth Maul inspriation for the Inquisitor is just stupid. Maul's strengths were in melee combat, not Force powers. How many times did we all see him cast Force Lightning? How many times did we see him drop a death field? OH, and how many times did he charge his saber staff with lighting at that point?

Maul is PURE Warrior through and through, so Bioware messed up there.

Their Darth Maul inspriation for the Inquisitor is just stupid. Maul's strengths were in melee combat, not Force powers. How many times did we all see him cast Force Lightning? How many times did we see him drop a death field? OH, and how many times did he charge his saber staff with lighting at that point?

Maul is a Deception Assassin, and "inspiration" doesn't mean "carbon copy"

From what I understand, Maul uses Force powers in a book. His abilities were not limited to just what you saw in the movies.

And if you do want to stay true to the movies, then every Assassin would be CC'd and One Shottable after Force Leaping in front of them.

Edited by Xargyn

• 1 year later...