quinn (spoilers)

MalthazarCeres

I was leveling my jugg with my friend's mara, and when the guy at Voss told that someone was going to betray me, my friend was instantly "it's so going to be Quinn." I was first all "no, it's not, I'm married to him, it doesn't make sense", but then I lost affection from him because I mocked Baras... And then I just said to my friend "Oh yeah, Quinn is so going to betray me.". :D

Don't rush the romance, remember Baras is still the big bad Darth to your Lord. Remember he's basically staring at you with a disapproving look every time you bad mouth Baras.

He's basically Pro-Empire. He's also a non-sith, where outside of game mechanics, Sith are something to be feared by the non Force users.

i'm surprised he betrayed me, i really am.

when the voss told me somebody was going to betray me, i really tought that my robot would be the traitor >.>

never trusted that machine, too friendly...

Hey now! That Ship Droid save my butt more twice than Quinn does.

That droid came with the ship that Darth Baras himself gave you. Coincidence? I think not.

2V-R8 can't be trusted.

I don't really care about Darth Baras was to spy on me,Besides i'd rather have a Droid than a Human who keeps calling me "Yes Milord" blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

Quinn is a horrible liar. He talks all funny. And then my idiot jugg has the nerve to act surprised when Quinn's the betrayer.

I was all like, COULDN'T YOU HEAR HIM TALK? HE LYIN'.

But it's okay. My jugg forgave him instantly and we all pretended as though it hadn't happened.

It's not like his lame-*** droids were ever a threat anyway. :p

the only companion i really know that would never betray me is jaessa

you even lose affection if you mention anything about shebeing wrong to betray you when you talk with her in your ship...

i still don't trust that droid, he's worst than quinn when he praise you.

• 3 weeks later...

Quinn should died on betrayal.. what Bioware did sucks.. no Sith let someone to betray them and live .. did the read any books or saw any movies about Star Wars before doing the game??? My Jugger is a pure blood so anytime I use Quinn or remember that moment it gets punished ....

Any warrior need a new healer period... kill Quinn and gain a new companion.:D

Quinn should died on betrayal.. what Bioware did sucks.. no Sith let someone to betray them and live .. did the read any books or saw any movies about Star Wars before doing the game??? My Jugger is a pure blood so anytime I use Quinn or remember that moment it gets punished ....

Depends on how you look at it. I've always looked at it from the perspective that Baras twisted Quinn's mind and manipulated him into it. Which makes it easier for my SW to allow him to stick around/live (aside that my marauder married him :p).

My only complaint about the betrayal is, in my opinion, the rushed nature and (to a degree) what seemed like poor writing (due to the rushed format). This is something that should have been more drawn out, in my opinion. It just comes out of nowhere and then the whole ordeal takes just one quick stop off at a random ship? :/ it also seems awkward the sudden changes Quinn goes through in his mood (moodier than a pregnant chick, I think). One moment he's all "rawr die die die" then "omg forgive me pleaseee". I like the guy, I like the romance he has with my SW, but jeeze they could have thought about the flow of it and his character "depth" just seems to fall apart in that instance, then bam, alls normal and nothing happened... not even a chance at post-betrayal convoys for the SW to work things out with him or test his loyalties, etc.

But c'est la vie, nothing is perfect.

Well, considering how the companion system was poorly implemented, the sith warrior, regardless of its AC NEEDs to use the healer companion for more better levelling experiences, otherwise its massive downtimes or even death and not to mention, healer companion gear is vastly more gear friendly, you can keep the healer in crappy greens and they will do very well, while the tanks or dps companions need top notch gear to be AS good.

All they need to do is make the gear for dps and tank companions to be like the healer companion gear in performance to make it more better to allow you to use any companion and not feel like you just gimped yourself.

I agree Quinn should have died. Unlike the other comps, he has no unique assets or abilities (in story talk). A smarmy bum-kissing, efficient Imperial Officer of his rank could easily be recruited by a Sith Lord at any time. In fact, I THINK, if Bioware wanted to dose us with some extra fun realism, ALL of the Imp officers (with some small exceptions) would be trying to join our Sith Lord, and each of them, of course, would be entirely replaceable.

When Quinn betrays, there really should have been an option and small cinematic of the following, "Chain Quin to your ship and go into space leaving his vaccum dessicated corpse to serve as a warning to any who would betray you"....or "cut quinns stupid head off, mummify it and make the ships droid hold it like a talking mechanical nicknack shelf, to remind you every time you pass to never completely trust even your closest allies".

Ya, BW handled Quinn poorly, not only does he betray you (a death sentence) but he also "hurts" your wife, Jaesa. Another option- send his head to Baras as a present. Grrr...Quinn!

I've been playing since early release, and my first toon ever was a marauder. But i got bored and she sat in Belsavis up until about a month ago. Finished Voss and got around to doing this quest. Upon Quinn revealing his betrayal, fighting him, only getting to force choke him i thought to myself "that was it?!". I mean i know we cant kill our companions, in fact i heard back in beta comps were killable but they changed it cause it was too permanent and people may regret that decision.

But still? somebody betrays my Sith (who i have been playing Dark of course) and my toon is apparently ok with that? You can argue that Sith are generally bad or that not all sith are evil i dont care, that's not the point. I want to play my character evil, and I want to make the choice if i play Dark or Light. I dont want that choice made for me, even if it's because the Devs want to put a twist or they want to make the story interesting. Especially after they have spoiled me with 46-48 levels of dialogue choice...neutral, dark, light, funny, sarcastic, serious or psycho.

I think that the mission was just poorly written, and i think that it should be re-written.

Quinn should died on betrayal..

This, but mostly because I can't stand his personality. As a Dark Side Sith, I actually applauded his courage and sneakiness, but I just can't stand the voice and the sleazy, wimpy, whiny, pro-Imperial personality. I felt like dressing him up in a 19th century outfit and having him tug around a cart with a pot of tea and a cup.

"Here's your tea, my lord. All I ask is an opportunity to serve it."

Would've been nice if we got to kill Quinn for his betrayal and the Empire then sent us a replacement. I don't need a captain to pilot my ship - I'm perfectly capable of doing so myself - I just need a person with a med probe and kolto packs who is willing to follow me around non-stop, without telling me how close I came to death every 10 seconds.

Edited by Qaoz

You could originally kill almost all companions in Beta. (Hell, if I remember right, some could kill themselves if you were so awful to them.) However, too many people complained, and they removed the option.

While I'm sure you all would love to kill Quinn, you have to remember the impact that would leave in the game, and then also the fact that while Sith are dark and evil, they must show some remorse, some mercy.

Edited by jedimasterjac

While I'm sure you all would love to kill Quinn, you have to remember the impact that would leave in the game, and then also the fact that while Sith are dark and evil, they must show some remorse, some mercy.

First of all, it would have little to no impact on the game - unless you liked Quinn, but then you probably wouldn't kill him in the first place. BioWare could just add a "replacement" character for dead companions. Say you had enough of Vette's cheeky remarks and decide to off her. You get a mission that rewards no XP or credits, that just so happens to put you together with a new ranged DPS companion (with Vette's crew skill bonuses).

They could make a replacement for each companion and make this companion the opposite in terms of alignment and personality. Say you decide to kill Jaesa, like Baras instructed, instead of making her join you. You get a mission that has you travel to the Sith Academy on Korriban where you oversee the training of a new apprentice. This apprentice would also be female, and you'd get to influence her to the Dark or Light Side during the training. There, nothing lost and everything gained for those of us who can't stand Jaesa's VA.

Same could be done for Quinn. You kill Quinn for betraying you and either get a replacement from Imperial Intelligence, or get a mission where you just so happen to stumble across a new healing companion. Preferably one a little less uptight and whiny.

The replacement companion would not be removable, for obvious reasons, but at least you'd have the choice of replacing some of your less desirable companions without it affecting your ability to play the game.

As for stupid people killing their companions without meaning to. That's just too bad. Don't go with the [Kill him/her] option if you don't want to kill him/her.

Really, I'm surprised something like this hasn't been implemented already.

Second, Sith do not show mercy. Ever. You can argue whether all Sith are evil and dark, but Sith do not show mercy. Mercy is a sign of weakness, even among Light Side Sith. That much the Revanite dude on Dromund Kaas taught me.

Edited by Qaoz

As for stupid people killing their companions without meaning to. That's just too bad. Don't go with the [Kill him/her] option if you don't want to kill him/her. Really, I'm surprised something like this hasn't been implemented already.

Oh lordie lord, another Quinn thread. :)

This topic was pretty thoroughly covered in a thread called "Sith Warrior Story Fail: Malavai Quinn" when people after launch first started finishing the SW story.

Here is a synopsis, along with a few observations from the current state of the game.

1. Since Sith are gonna Sith, most players agree that the option to kill Quinn should have been left in due to the severity of his betrayal. However;

2. The SW would then be left without a healer. 90% of SWs I see running even on Makeb have Quinn out, so having a healer is very important when the SW is doing solo questing.

3. #2 wouldn't be such an issue if Bioware allowed you to re-purpose companions; i.e. Vette, as a Smuggler class, could logically be re-purposed to healing.

4. Unfortunately, Bioware doesn't allow #3, which is a shame since...

5. Most, if not all classes have at least one companion they'd like to blow out the airlock, if not abandon them on some god-forsaken rock and forget about them.

6. Also, killing Quinn means the Female SW loses their romance option, which is kind of sh*tty. However, why a fem warrior can flirt but not pursue a romance with Pierce is odd. That could have fixed the romance issue.

7. As someone already pointed out, you could kill Quinn in Beta. Too many SWs found it too hard to run without him. So the option was removed.

8. 1-6 is just further evidence that the game launch was really really rushed, and arcs were not properly thought out. The whole "companion" idea is awesome, but it wasn't executed very well. Personally, I think there are too many companions, which (as we see now) is hamstringing Bioware with future content. One DPS, one Heals, one Tank would have been sufficient. They have said they are working on fixing the fact that your companions, even spouses, go silent after max affection. This would be easier to fix with less of them. At this point, I'm hoping they at least add further romance dialogue, and maybe one other non-romance companion for each class.

I still have hope for this game; I'm silly like that.

To close, yeah as a Light Side or "more" rational Sith, there are plenty of reasons to justify keeping Quinn around, but honestly, one would expect a Sith Lord he betrayed to kill him, and most brutally at that. Mercy is for the Jedi. Game mechanics is really the only reason you can't. I mean, I leveled a SW as my 4th or 5th toon. I knew the betrayal was coming, and it still pissed me off in the moment. So how do I stand looking at him? I picked up a Quinn customization on Ilum with gray hair and cybernetic eyes; because that was the shape he was in after my judgment. And he was thankful for that. :D

You could originally kill almost all companions in Beta. (Hell, if I remember right, some could kill themselves if you were so awful to them.) However, too many people complained, and they removed the option.

They should still change the story imo.

Instead of Quinn flat out betraying you, he could still be loyal to you but it was somebody else that betrays Quinn. So in the eyes of the SW Quinn just screws up rather then betray him. Sith do also tend to kill people who screw up because you know...sith. But between betrayal and messing up, it is slightly more believable that a SW would still be ok with Quinn after he messed up and unintentionally led them into a trap because he was the one that got betrayed.

It could go something like this:

Complete Voss talk to ship holo get done talking with the emperors hand

Quinn speaks up mentions you need to get transponders to get to Corellia, Pierce says he's never heard of this

Quinn says he has a contact who he trusts that can supply him with the codes

You board the ship, get to the arena fight Quinns contact/friend

After the fight you kill his friend (Dark) or you let him live (Light)

The contact can be an old friend, old military buddy, old boss, old girlfriend who has risen in the ranks whatever. I know that the writers probably wanted you, the player, to experience this betrayal cause it has a larger impact. But the aftermath of how you deal with the betrayal is what sucks the most.

There was a line in Corellia where you, Quinn and Vowrawn are talking and Quinn mentions that he has 'past transgressions' that he has to make up for. Text like this can stay unchanged even if you modify the transponder ship portion to something like what i mentioned above. Quinn can still view the unintentional leading of both of you and him into a trap as his fault, and something that he has to make up for.

• 1 month later...

I just got to this point in the story with my light sided Warrior, and I wanted to run him through with my lightsaber. I don't want him on my ship at all. That is unforgivable. I wish there was an option to eject him out into space. I will strip him of all his gear. I refuse to use him. The ship's droid is a serviceable healer.

i'm surprised he betrayed me, i really am.

when the voss told me somebody was going to betray me, i really tought that my robot would be the traitor >.>

never trusted that machine, too friendly...