Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm shy.

SerZa

Yup, my daughter and she's in much better spirits this morning. What are you writing about?

Good to know she's doing better :) How old is she?

I'm writing 2 different stories at the moment (my first 2 full-fledged books; I only wrote short stories before). One is a romance novel and the other is a dark fantasy trilogy. Too bad I have so little time to write, I have pretty much the trilogy written in my mind, and it's taking up a lot of room until I put it to paper...or to Word Document...whatever comes first :p

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know she's doing better :) How old is she?

I'm writing 2 different stories at the moment (my first 2 full-fledged books; I only wrote short stories before). One is a romance novel and the other is a dark fantasy trilogy. Too bad I have so little time to write, I have pretty much the trilogy written in my mind, and it's taking up a lot of room until I put it to paper...or to Word Document...whatever comes first :p

She's 4. I used to write short stories all the time, but I never have time anymore either. I keep saying maybe I'll write a blog about something. I can't decided what to write about. What are the 2 novels about?

Chris I'm at work. I'll be on this evening 8:30ish

She's 4. I used to write short stories all the time, but I never have time anymore either. I keep saying maybe I'll write a blog about something. I can't decided what to write about. What are the 2 novels about?

4, how adorable. Better not start thinking about children, otherwise I’ll be having another talk with my sweetheart this evening about how are both dying to have children :p

Anyway, the novels. Hmmm, never really had to explain that before, so let’s see…

Starting by the romance novel, I started writing it after I finished my last short story called “Dream of a Lifetime” (incidentally the only short story I kept; I always had the habit to write them down and get rid of them after I was done, until my sweetie read that one and knocked me in the head when I was about to throw it away).

Anyway “Dream of a Lifetime” was about a guy that found the one girl for him but for some reason, after he finds her. every time he closes his eyes for a few minutes, or sleeps, or goes into situations of extreme joy or pain, his life moves forward several years.

The story is about how he tries to deal with the fact that his life is literally flashing in front of him, his struggle to understand where he’s standing every time that time leaps forward and how he tries to make the best of the few moments he has with his girlfriend, later on wife, children and toward the end of his life (and the end of the story) he struggles to remember the faces he sees on the photos that he has around the house and tries to remember all the life that he somehow skipped while trying to understand whether all of his life had been reality or just a dream.

That made me want to write a full story about “perfect” relationships and how small things impact the future of a couple. Loosely based on my relationship with my sweetie, it’s a story about 2 people that accidentally meet but live far away from each other. The story builds up on their longing to be together and then, when they inevitably move together (it’s funny that I started writing this story months ago and now I’m going to live it :p), the story focus on all the adaptations that need to be done and all the things that they have to give up on to be together, and whether all the sacrifices are worth it.

A little less kiss-kiss sweet stuff is my dark fantasy trilogy “The Forgotten Legion”. The story starts standard enough, with your average boy that gets thrown into this completely strange world with no sun, where everything is ruled by magic and where he learns that most of the stories about supernatural creatures he ever heard of have a bit of truth but are very different from what he was expecting.

I use a lot of twists on Greek mythology mixed with the more modern urban supernatural legends. The plot revolves equally around each one of the characters on two antagonistic groups (which is hard to write, but very rewarding because the main hero will pretty much be any character you like the most, since they’re all equally important) as they get thrown against this “master plan” made by the Gods (every “person” in that world receives a prophecy at birth that is inescapable) but then it turns out that even the Gods aren’t the rulers of everything but just another tier of the grand design.

So in the middle of all this, our “heroes” (and anti-heroes) have to try and understand why the world (or worlds, as they later discover) are in disarray because of the instability of magic since a group of warriors that held the worlds in check mysteriously disappeared, and try to understand just how limited their choices are when you are born with your future already written.

Something like that, at least….if I were to explain stuff I’d write about 20 pages so I better pipe it >_<

Holy crap.....something like "wall of text crits for 999999".....

Edited by KorvusKaar

Hey evryone, im back after 1,5 week easter hollyday. Somethimes I just love to work in a high school. Mostly been underwater playing with my new camera and exploring some new places.

Whats the name of your guild? I would like to join and start a new char there, just got to get my evil jedi to dark5 first ;)

And good luck with your novel.

Cheers from Europe

Hey evryone, im back after 1,5 week easter hollyday. Somethimes I just love to work in a high school. Mostly been underwater playing with my new camera and exploring some new places.

Whats the name of your guild? I would like to join and start a new char there, just got to get my evil jedi to dark5 first ;)

Cheers from Europe

Assuming the novel comment was for me, thank you :D

I love your underwater videos, they're so relaxing. When can we expect new ones? :D

Edited by KorvusKaar

Cheers from Europe

Yes, I agree you should post the video when you get a chance. I'd love to see it. We haven't put together a guild yet but you are more than welcome to join us when you're ready. The more the merrier!

Send me a pm when your new guild is up and running.

I still work on a film with my new cam, the theme will be "Deep and dark". But I think I need alot more footage before I get a 5min film out of it. Whren it gets to exiting I forget to film and just enjoy.

Here is one from the islands of Acores in the mid atlantic I made last summer. Lovly place, cant wait to go back there.

Enjoy and please give some feedback:

http://vimeo.com/26493987

Yes, I agree you should post the video when you get a chance. I'd love to see it. We haven't put together a guild yet but you are more than welcome to join us when you're ready. The more the merrier!

Hey Gwyn, did you see my answer to your question on the previous page? Don't want you to think I was ignoring you :p

Here is one from the islands of Acores in the mid atlantic I made last summer. Lovly place, cant wait to go back there.

Enjoy and please give some feedback:

http://vimeo.com/26493987

You were in Portuguese territory and you didn't come to say hello to me? Now I'm hurt :p The islands of Madeira and Açores are beautiful, not just the sea but the islands themselves. The gardens, the waterfalls, the volcanic lagoons are all gorgeous. Did you have a chance to see any of it?

This is one of the most famous lagoons, there's even a legend about it

http://www.feriasemportugal.pt/fotos/servicos_area_geo/s_52229959349c1339bc8c78._miguel__eric_hiil_small.jpg

Edited by KorvusKaar

I saw, one of the most beutiful places I have been. The lakes in the old volcanos. The nature there and evrything.

Im gong back to the Acores this summer. I just have to :)

I'm ashamed to say that I've never been there personally and I'm an hour's flight away from the islands...

By the way guys, does any of you have a Combat Sentinel? I'm trying to understand what Combat Trance does..."last 6 seconds and awards 1 focus when it ends" seems like a weird talent.....then of course for 2 more talent points you can have the crit rate of blade storm increased....so 3 points to increase crit rate based on a proc?

Edited by KorvusKaar

Hey Gwyn, did you see my answer to your question on the previous page? Don't want you to think I was ignoring you

Good morning Folks :)

Yup I saw your post and the novels sound great. I'm alway a little sursprised when men express any interest in romance.

I'm alway a little sursprised when men express any interest in romance.

That's funny. My sweetie said the same thing. She says her notion of romance got sarcastic and bitter over the years but that I'm making her believe it again. I took that as quite a compliment.

That's funny. My sweetie said the same thing. She says her notion of romance got sarcastic and bitter over the years but that I'm making her believe it again. I took that as quite a compliment.

awwwwww

how did you 2 meet?

awwwwww

how did you 2 meet?

Well, the harp is my favorite instrument (yes, I'm a romantic guy that likes the harp, sue me =P) so every now and then I browse for harp videos (since we don't have any harp music in Portugal) and I found this one girl playing Greensleeves but, although nice, it sounded like it was lacking some passion to her playing. So I search for Greensleeves on harp and compared it with other harpists, and they all played it the same...they played well by very "by the book", a "heard one, heard them all" kind of way....then, after over 50 videos (and I do mean it) I found hers and it just took my breath away....it was like hearing a goddess play.

I couldn't resist the urge to contact her and she wrote back; she was amazingly sweet and humble about it and we started talking. A few months later she was trying to decide where to for her vacations and I offered to let her stay in my country house and when we met...well, it was fairytale material :) Now, about a year and a half after I first heard her music we're moving in together :)

Well, the harp is my favorite instrument (yes, I'm a romantic guy that likes the harp, sue me =P) so every now and then I browse for harp videos (since we don't have any harp music in Portugal) and I found this one girl playing Greensleeves but, although nice, it sounded like it was lacking some passion to her playing. So I search for Greensleeves on harp and compared it with other harpists, and they all played it the same...they played well by very "by the book", a "heard one, heard them all" kind of way....then, after over 50 videos (and I do mean it) I found hers and it just took my breath away....it was like hearing a goddess play.

I couldn't resist the urge to contact her and she wrote back; she was amazingly sweet and humble about it and we started talking. A few months later she was trying to decide where to for her vacations and I offered to let her stay in my country house and when we met...well, it was fairytale material :) Now, about a year and a half after I first heard her music we're moving in together :)

Wow, that's going to be a great story to tell your kids and grandkids.

Wow, that's going to be a great story to tell your kids and grandkids.

I agree; with the added bonus that she's my first love too which makes her my first romantic relationship as well (I'm a serious guy, I don't fool around :p). Hope that will teach my kids that is ok not to rush things...

I agree; with the added bonus that she's my first love too which makes her my first romantic relationship as well (I'm a serious guy, I don't fool around :p). Hope that will teach my kids that is ok not to rush things...

so when is the wedding?

so when is the wedding?

Oh, don't get me started....I met her at december 12th so I'd love the wedding to be at 12/12/12 /romantic notion again...sigh)....but it's probably too soon...by then I'd only been living with her for 4 and a half months....besides money will be an issue since I probably won't get a job there before I learn Dutch...

Is anybody else having massive trouble getting people for heroic quests? My server is way past dead....everybody is lvl 50 so there's 5-10 people per planet....

time to reroll.

Oh, don't get me started....I met her at december 12th so I'd love the wedding to be at 12/12/12 /romantic notion again...sigh)....but it's probably too soon...by then I'd only been living with her for 4 and a half months....besides money will be an issue since I probably won't get a job there before I learn Dutch...

money gets in the way of everything doesn't it?