SWTOR Livestream Q&A transcript

Iwipe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, THANK YOU, Dulfy! :)

This. Transcript is appreciated :D

But sadly, there wasn't much new info in here. The biggest thing to me was more content planned for smaller groups, the fact species will be purchasable in the shop (which I would have guessed to be the case anyways), and they're still working on the hood toggle option.

At least the devs did this, though. It shows they are at least trying to satisfy the community.

Edited by odericko

actually everything they said they have said before. so again this live stream was pointless.

Incorrect. You must have skimmed and not taken time to digest the specifics of what was said.

Like this one for example- Alluded to by them previously, but never said specifically before:

We are not going to sell things in the game that are allowing players to be competitive at endgame PvP or PvE

Take some time to actually read and assimilate. Maybe they did not answer your pet question, I get that.

Edited by Andryah

I got the same impression.

One other way to look at things is this: subscribed folks get it by default and lose access to it if they go freemium. We`ll have to wait and see, I guess, since there won`t be any other information about this until it actually makes its way onto the servers.

They specifically said there is NO TIMELINE yet for Cathar release to the game. My bet..... first expansion box (ie: expansion sold retail, you know like every other AAA expansion for MMOs). That is precisely when most MMOs introduce new playable races.

Edited by Andryah

Incorrect. You must have skimmed and not taken time to digest the specifics of what was said.

Like this one for example- Alluded to by them previously, but never said specifically before:

We are not going to sell things in the game that are allowing players to be competitive at endgame PvP or PvE

Take some time to actually read and assimilate. Maybe they did not answer your pet question, I get that.

They said previously it would not be "pay 2 win" in their eyes- so that is not a new statement. It is all things we have heard before, not a thing new. Why bother with a live stream? Just do a summary write up and post it on the forums. The live stream was no different than a weekly Q&A, except someone in the community had to actually write it up and post the content :rolleyes:

They specifically said there is NO TIMELINE yet for Cathar release to the game. My bet..... first expansion box (ie: expansion sold retail, you know like every other AAA expansion for MMOs). That is precisely when most MMOs introduce new playable races.

Has there been any talks of an expansion? I just started the game a few weeks ago so I'm kinda behind on past discussions.

If they do launch an expansion though, I really hope they'll add to the class storylines. That'd be the biggest selling point to me outside of new planets and levels, of course.

Has there been any talks of an expansion? I just started the game a few weeks ago so I'm kinda behind on past discussions.

If they do launch an expansion though, I really hope they'll add to the class storylines. That'd be the biggest selling point to me outside of new planets and levels, of course.

The planet Makeb is mentioned in the transcript as continuing the storyline.

I'd assume that would be part of any expansion (conjecture on my part I admit).

Unlike Andryah, I doubt it'd be a box release. EA as a whole is moving away from boxed retail products, and seeing as you need an internet connection to actually play the game, it would make sense if it was a digital download only.

QS :)

Edit: Source for 'Ea move to digital' statement: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57465644-235/ea-exec-well-be-100-percent-digital-eventually/

Edited by quantumsheep

Nice to finally see confirmation that subscribers will be getting a monthly grant of cartel coins.

Though I'm confused as to how they can't even confirm Cathar as 2012....I mean considering how, to put it lightly, bland each species in the game actually is, I'd think they could spit them out quite rapidly.

Nice to finally see confirmation that subscribers will be getting a monthly grant of cartel coins.

Though I'm confused as to how they can't even confirm Cathar as 2012....I mean considering how, to put it lightly, bland each species in the game actually is, I'd think they could spit them out quite rapidly.

Was thinking the same thing. I was expecting the new companion and Cathar to come on the same patch. But when he said he could confirm the new companion for 2012, with no release date for Cathar, I nearly facepalmed.

The planet Makeb is mentioned in the transcript as continuing the storyline.

I'd assume that would be part of any expansion (conjecture on my part I admit).

Unlike Andryah, I doubt it'd be a box release. EA as a whole is moving away from boxed retail products, and seeing as you need an internet connection to actually play the game, it would make sense if it was a digital download only.

QS :)

Not everyone buys the product digitally, like people without credit or who do not own a credit card. If they didn't release with a boxed version they would be losing the whole cash sales market. To me that would be dumb.

Not everyone buys the product digitally, like people without credit or who do not own a credit card. If they didn't release with a boxed version they would be losing the whole cash sales market. To me that would be dumb.

That's actually a fair point. Happy to admit I may have assumed too much!

QS :D

Edited by quantumsheep

Now I'm even more leery of this cash shop. Purchasing a pet or a speeder is one thing, but purchasing any gear at any level that should be earned as a drop just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Feel the same way. Gear with stats should stay out of the cash shop, it'll only hurt the in game market. Social gear, though, is fine.

Feel the same way. Gear with stats should stay out of the cash shop, it'll only hurt the in game market. Social gear, though, is fine.

Why on earth would anyone buy with real money gear they will out level when they can get it FREE in game??:rolleyes:

"Boxed physical" or "boxed digital" (ie: virtual box) makes no fundamental difference. If it has a product code, a price tag in local currency, and is a content expansion (in the classic MMO definition we all understand).... it's a paid expansion.

Edited by Andryah

Now I'm even more leery of this cash shop. Purchasing a pet or a speeder is one thing, but purchasing any gear at any level that should be earned as a drop just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5187450&postcount=28

From the transcript thread posted today by iwipe.

So, since people have left before "soon" when F2P arrives, we do not get the coins? My time ends in 2 days, and im not really enthused to add more time just to get the cartel coins. :mad: What a nasty trick. :mad:

I thought anyone that had subscribed got coins for previous paid time as an incentive to come back.

So, since people have left before "soon" when F2P arrives, we do not get the coins? My time ends in 2 days, and im not really enthused to add more time just to get the cartel coins. :mad: What a nasty trick. :mad:

I thought anyone that had subscribed got coins for previous paid time as an incentive to come back.

Sadly, on there F2P promo page (http://www.swtor.com/free) the offer statements on the bottom of the page always said: OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

Sadly, on there F2P promo page (http://www.swtor.com/free) the offer statements on the bottom of the page always said: OFFER VALID FOR PURCHASERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“SWTOR”) WITH ACTIVE PAYING SUBSCRIPTION ON DATE OF FREE- TO- PLAY SERVICE LAUNCH.

Alright, I guess one more player here to add to the hundreds of thousands not coming back.

I thought I might try the game one more time when it went F2P, with the cartel coins for being a paid subscriber for months being the incentive to return.

Theres no way im going to keep subbing to this content drought desert for an undeterminted amount of time still until F2P, just to have to spend all those points just to roll a cathar and play the new content.

Edited by Insomnio